• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

My rant about buying/selling villagers.

I had this problem when I was looking for my dreamy, Coco. I only had 10 NMT to trade (I saved up Bells for her and wanted to use that), and I saw outrageous prices for 50-100 NMT, and the more popular villagers went for 100+, I even saw Raymond for 3000 NMT! I was thinking to myself, how in the world do people gather up this much NMT from the time this game started? We've only had it for a month! Besides, I'd much rather use an excess amount of NMT to gather resources. Nonetheless, I bought a lot of NMT that night, and someone always outbid me each auction I was in (I gathered like 50 in one night). I eventually got a kind-hearted person selling Coco for cheap in IGB, but I was left with so much excess NMT (half of which I used to gather materials), all I could think to myself was, does it really take this much?

Back