• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Nintendo live in Japan; first look at rewards

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Rewards:

Miitomo

Mario Suit – 250 Platinum Points
1 game ticket – 85 Platinum Points
5 game tickets – 420 Platinum Points
10 game tickets – 250 Platinum Points

Discounts

20% off Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – 950 Platinum Points
20% off Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (3DS) – 230 Platinum Points
20% off New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) – 750 Platinum Points
20% off Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) – 600 Platinum Points
40% off Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS) – 130 Gold Points
40% off Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) – 105 Gold Points
50% off Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (3DS) – 50 Gold Points
40% off New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) – 160 Gold Points
50% off Metroid: Other M (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points
50% off Super Mario Galaxy (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points

Games

My Nintendo Picross – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS) – 1,000 Platinum Points
Super Mario 64 (Wii U) – 120 Gold Points
New Super Luigi U (Wii U) – 240 Gold Points
Pikmin 3 DLC (Wii U) – 30 Gold Points
WarioWare: Touched! (3DS) – 1,000 yen
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS) – 50 Gold Points
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U) – 320 Gold Points
Metroid: Zero Mission (Wii U) – 85 Gold Points
Super Punch-Out!! (Wii U) – 100 Gold Points

3DS Themes

My Nintendo Theme 1: Mario – 200 Platinum Points
My Nintendo Theme 2: Donkey Kong – 200 Platinum Points

How to Earn Points:

bK5gsld.png

Stolen from Nintendo Everything

Guess I will actually have to use Miitomo then

So far it seems nice! Hopefully the rewards in everyone else's regions will turn out to be good!

I like how you earn points, and I like how there are Dailies! The only problem is none of the rewards looks too appealing....for me, at least.

As someone who happened to own at least one Japanese Nintendo 3DS system, there's not a single reward from that current lineup that I really want to obtain, but it's far from being a truly bad lineup. One can get either that Twilight Princess picross game
or even WarioWare: Touched! as a DS game disguised as a DSiWare software in less than a month without even paying any real world money.

Keep in mind that all coins will expire 6 months from the day they were obtained. For example, my 540 Platinum Coins that I obtained from March 16th 2016 will expire in September 16th 2016. There's plenty of room for potential new rewards to appear, so I'd hang out all of those Platinum Coins for later.

As someone who happened to own at least one Japanese Nintendo 3DS system, there's not a single reward from that current lineup that I really want to obtain, but it's far from being a truly bad lineup. One can get either that Twilight Princess picross game
or even WarioWare: Touched! as a DS game disguised as a DSiWare software in less than a month without even paying any real world money.

Keep in mind that all coins will expire 6 months from the day they were obtained. For example, my 540 Platinum Coins that I obtained from March 16th 2016 will expire in September 16th 2016. There's plenty of room for potential new rewards to appear, so I'd hang out all of those Platinum Coins for later.

Holy crap, that sounds pretty bad honestly. Wasn't Club Nintendo three years to expire?!

Can't wait to slave away for a Picross game.

Does that include Gold Coins? With the Platinum, I can kinda say I understand (though not entirely). The Gold Coins expiring that quickly would be a rip-off.

I'm looking forward to this finally going live in NA!

It seems pretty good so far.
Hopefully the gold coins last longer. I tended to hoard on Club Nintendo, waiting for just the right thing.

The official website of My Nintendo didn't specify which type(s) of coins are going to expire in 6 months, so we might as well assume it affects on every type of coin. For example, if I get 300 Platinum/Miitomo Coins and 100 Gold Coins on the February 15th, these are going to expire in August 15th.
I don't believe this is a bad thing, considering on how ridiculously easy it was to stock up on coins back in Club Nintendo days, as they expire in 2 years after collecting them. That alone contributed to quickly running out of stock for some of the most popular items (possibly within less than a day) and overwhelming their servers as soon as the new rewards get listed.

Also worth mentioning that as soon as you clear any mission, you will have 30 days to claim them. There's nothing wrong on not claiming these coins if you want to prolong their expiry date. As for the weekly and daily missions, I'd personally claim those coins every time I clear a weekly/daily mission. I'm still unsure if I can stack up on those unclaimed coins, should I manage to complete a daily/weekly mission once again without collecting those coins from last week.

One thing I'm glad with My Nintendo is that I'm no longer required to fill time-consuming surveys, something that irked me quite a bit while Club Nintendo was still around.

Great, now I'm going to have to log out of my NA one, and back into my JP one... Good thing I've got both region's systems and games, now I can get some digital rewards on both!!

WarioWare: Touched! (3DS) – 1,000 yen

what a reward!!!

also, tbh I kinda really hate how nearly all the platinum ones are social media/mobage whatever that I will never touch or do whatever else they're wanting for it. I do like how there's more to it than just REGISTER GAMES/SYSTEMS but hopefully it improves in terms of diversity for individual coin types as well over time

Last edited:
Back