My Music Taste is...

JJRamone2

Bells
10 years slow, Honestly, In the 90's I was listening to 80's and late 70's rock and in the late 90's I was listening to metal and now that its 2000-2010 I'm listening to ska. I wonder if I'll be listening to rap and hip-hop in 2020?
Probably not.

JJRamone2 said:
10 years slow, Honestly, In the 90's I was listening to 80's and late 70's rock and in the late 90's I was listening to metal and now that its 2000-2010 I'm listening to ska. I wonder if I'll be listening to rap and hip-hop in 2020?
Probably will but then there will be some newer cooler thing like techno.

:p

It's not your music taste that's the problem, it's modern music. My own musical tastes are generally confined to the late 80s and the 1990s.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
A lot of "modern" music is just awful. Well that's my opinion. =0
So is your "intense" music.

Also, JJ, hip hop/rap is a lot different from rock. A transition from different ages of rock is much different from one age of rock to hip hop/rap.

only_half_evil333 said:
JJRamone2 said:
Gengar said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
I couldn't agree more.
Seconded.
seconded twice
Seconded... thrice?

Sorry for "bumping" this one, but I felt I had to discuss this. JJ, if you think your musical taste is weird and not the same as others, well... Look at me.

Flamenco
J-pop
Bossa-nova
General Brazilian
World Music
Jazz
Ethnic (mostly my late grandmother singing......)

I love modern music. At least Blue October and Brand New.

They do every genre really. Brand New does one per album and Blue October does one genre per song and never seems to repeat on an album.

Bulerias said:
only_half_evil333 said:
JJRamone2 said:
Gengar said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
I couldn't agree more.
Seconded.
seconded twice
Seconded... thrice?

Sorry for "bumping" this one, but I felt I had to discuss this. JJ, if you think your musical taste is weird and not the same as others, well... Look at me.

Flamenco
J-pop
Bossa-nova
General Brazilian
World Music
Jazz
Haha, true. At least I don't get ridiculed for my taste (I'm so sorry D:)

According to USA Today Hip-Hop is in decline and rock is taking its place as number one.

As long as I get my Linkin Park/Fort Minor I'll be fine.

Propaganda Man said:
According to USA Today Hip-Hop is in decline and rock is taking its place as number one.

As long as I get my ]
: D

Thats all I have to say.

(mainly for the decline of hip-hop)

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
only_half_evil333 said:
JJRamone2 said:
Gengar said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
I couldn't agree more.
Seconded.
seconded twice
Seconded... thrice?

Flamenco
J-pop
Bossa-nova
General Brazilian
World Music
Jazz
LOL, the only place I get ridiculed for my taste is on TBT, and even so, it's only by a few people... So I don't really care.

Everyone I meet in real life is absolutely ECSTATIC about the type of music I love. It seems I've infected everyone with the flamenco bug. Maybe I can propagandize flamenco even further in the future...

Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
only_half_evil333 said:
JJRamone2 said:
Gengar said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
I couldn't agree more.
Seconded.
seconded twice
Seconded... thrice?

Flamenco
J-pop
Bossa-nova
General Brazilian
World Music
Jazz
LOL, the only place I get ridiculed for my taste is on TBT, and even so, it's only by a few people... So I don't really care.
D: You just took out all of the fun from it!

Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
only_half_evil333 said:
JJRamone2 said:
Gengar said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
I couldn't agree more.
Seconded.
seconded twice
Seconded... thrice?

Flamenco
J-pop
Bossa-nova
General Brazilian
World Music
Jazz

Everyone I meet in real life is absolutely ECSTATIC about the type of music I love. It seems I've infected everyone with the flamenco bug. Maybe I can propagandize flamenco even further in the future...
Same thing with me and my ska! (what with the "anyone I show it to loves it")

Don't get me wrong....I'm down with some Eminem or really anything else hip-hop. People see it as gangster. I think the rappers see it as a way out. If the artist cares about make music instead of making money I'll care about the music too. That emo band that did the Nintendo tour last year asked its fans to hide Ne-Yo's (Is that his name? I mean how you spell it.) albums so they could move up on sales.

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
only_half_evil333 said:
JJRamone2 said:
Gengar said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
I couldn't agree more.
Seconded.
seconded twice
Seconded... thrice?

Flamenco
J-pop
Bossa-nova
General Brazilian
World Music
Jazz

Same thing with me and my ska! (what with the "anyone I show it to loves it")
That's pretty cool! Maybe you should, like, make a CD and a band along the way, too... so you can spread it further. D:

I wish I had a flamenco CD. That way I could spread the word more effectively. I shall have to record one in the near future, in any case...

Back