• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Multiples of a Species?

Well I think people can do whatever they want but for myself personally I either want a town full of all different species or a town of all the same or no more than two species lol no inbetween. I do have maddie and shep in my main town which is extremely unusual for me but since it's just one extra of the same species i'll live.

I don't see anything wrong with having more than one of the same species represented in town, and I know some players actually like to have an all cat town or all wolf town, whatever the case. For me it just didn't come to that because when it comes to dreamies people have specific individuals in mind, and mine all happen to be different animals

I don't, I wanted to make sure every villager was as unique as possible. Along with not sharing a specie type, all my villagers are also different colors which makes me very satisfied.

I have two wolves in one of my towns, I think that's it currently as I moved Biskit out of my other town so I only have the one dog villager there.

I don't choose my villagers based on species though, or even personality type. I choose based purely on how much I like the look of them. Since I have a large collection of amiibo cards, I can move them in and out whenever I like which has made my villager turnover a lot higher than it used to be haha.

Having 3 or 4 wolves or whatever in one town wouldn't bother me at all, if those were villagers I was happy to have around. I don't think I'd ever do a town devoted to only species, as I just don't like so many villager designs. With so many better ones to choose from, why would I want to keep one around that I didn't actually like?

But it's always a personal choice. :)

At first it kinda bothered me to have so more than one but now I dont mind as much.

Three cat villagers. Lolly, Punchy, and Felicity. I also have two duck villagers, Scoot and Maelle.

I like all species towns for their novelty and fun. It's fun to see a town filled with the same species.

Nunnafinga has a few species towns - one all frog town and one all pig town for sure.

I just restarted one of my towns and I want all the species to be different for now until I'm done landscaping and then decide who I want to stay awhile. It's really fun to have all different species and villagers I've never had before!

I haven't seen a mostly anteater town - some species are really rare.

Do you more than one villager of a specific species? (Dog, Cat, Duck, etc)

i don't mostly because I don't really like the idea of that.

Do you mean do you have more than one villager of a specific species?

If so then not really. I have 2 sheep and 2 rabbits, but then I have one anteater, one lion, one hamster, one octopus, one tiger, and one squirrel. Personality and species don't matter too much to me. I just get the ones I love the appearance of (though personality is a bonus).

Do you mean do you have more than one villager of a specific species?

If so then not really. I have 2 sheep and 2 rabbits, but then I have one anteater, one lion, one hamster, one octopus, one tiger, and one squirrel. Personality and species don't matter too much to me. I just get the ones I love the appearance of (though personality is a bonus).

Yes!
I mean to say if one has for example more than one Cat, this is what I mean. :p
It doesn't have to be all. :)

I like all species towns for their novelty and fun. It's fun to see a town filled with the same species.

Nunnafinga has a few species towns - one all frog town and one all pig town for sure.

I just restarted one of my towns and I want all the species to be different for now until I'm done landscaping and then decide who I want to stay awhile. It's really fun to have all different species and villagers I've never had before!

I haven't seen a mostly anteater town - some species are really rare.

Yeah,frogs,pigs,ducks and one town that's mostly koalas.I guess I'm just crazy that way.It's never bothered me to have more than one of a species in a town(obviously).I just try to vary their personalities as much as possible.

I do have multiples but I don't really care about the number of which animals I have. I just go for the ones I like the best.

My main town is an all dog town and my second town is an all pig town.

WeeHaven%20Update.jpg

i don't have multiples currently, but i did have them back in an older town - almost all cat villagers :) but i'm glad that i have more than one town so i can try out different villagers and keep things fresh, it does get a little boring at times once i've settled on having a certain few stay in town, lol

This was completely unintentional but I have 2 cats (Felicity and Bob) and 2 pigs (Rasher and Agnes). A boy and a girl for each haha. I think having a boy and a girl each for a species would be interesting, like Noah's Arc. I am fond of towns with all of one species but a variety is nice too.

I have five dogs and two cats. I also like the deer and wolves so I'd be happy with more than one of those too.

Variety of personality is more important to me than having varied species. That said, I do currently have three lazies! ;)

Last edited:
I have two wolves (Fang and Freya), two penguins (Cube and Flo) and I used to have three squirrels (Pecan, Filbert and Ricky), but I don't have any squirel now.

Back