Multiples of a Species?

Flare

Bells
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Do you have more than one villager of a specific species? (Dog, Cat, Duck, etc)

i don't mostly because I don't really like the idea of that, I kinda prefer sticking to a variety of Animals. :)

Last edited:
I do. I have 2 cats - Ankha and Kid Cat. :) I don't mind it so much, although I wouldn't want the whole town to consist of only 1 or 2 species.

I think the idea of a town consisting of 1 species is neat but no, I don't have any that are multiples of one species currently. I did have 2 horses (Colton and Peaches) and two pigs (peggy and agnes) once but one (Colton, peggy) moved out after time for both instances.

I have several towns and until last year I used to let the towns generate the villagers, the 10th spot being taken by a streetpass move in.
I was surprised that most of these towns would bring in another of the same species, so I have a town with 2 bunnies, another with 2 frogs. In fact I think every town has done this, although I still think its random, just luck, good or bad depending on how I feel.

The one I'm playing currently and all the villagers were game generated: 2 lions, 2 hippos, 1 rhino, 1 ostrich, 1 deer, 1 cat & 1 frog. The 10th was a stretpass move in - Whitney the wolf. I've forcibly moved out the frog and added another wolf. A sort of Out Africa feel to the town. (at a stretch).
Edit: all the villagers are originals, (as are all the pairs in other towns). This is the first town that has had a villager move, won't be the last, as this laissez faire method has also left me with duplicates (I have 3 Zells).

Last edited:
Four cats, three wolves, two deer one squirrel. xD In other words I really don't care, if I like a villager I like them and want them in my town. :)

As much as I don't like the idea of having 3 or more of the same (I'm okay with two), I can't resist having three awesome wolves in each of my town. I'll take that rather than having 3 of the same personalities (oh wait, I have three normal villagers). Screw that. I can take that but not four, five or more :p

My original dream villager list was incredibly versatile but somehow I ended up with 3 wolves and I don't want to give up either of them TuT

I like having more than one dog in my town. I like an extra wolf or cat too. I'd rather have villagers I like but a mix of personalities.

Generally I don't. Once I had Ankha and Kitty at the same time. Once I had two mice villagers, but I can't remember them. I thought, one of them was Limberg and one of them was Samson.

i have two wolves, two deer and two rabbits in one of my towns lol. in my other town i have no species doubles, though i haven't been able to figure out if it's cheating to have a bear and a cub, and an ape and a monkey but i'm letting it slide for now...

All of my villagers are different species, but I have 2 Normal villagers, 2 snooty villagers, 2 lazy villagers, and I haven't got any jock villagers (not great for PWPs) - plus they all say very similar things to each other, and I don't really know an easy way to get rid of a few of them.

The only thing I keep track of is the number of personality types so I have a nice broad option fro PWP requests. There are a few animal types I am not fond of though... particularly the gorillas, anteaters and octopi.

The only multiples I have are Peaches and Epona, both horses. I wanted to just have one but I couldn't choose to kick one out or not. so two it is c:

I usually don't mind have 2 of 1 species, but no more than that. I like as much variety in my town as possible.

Huh, I never really thought about it. I have three horses, two alligators, and two cats. I'm surprised I only have one squirrel. They are so cute. I should look for a second one. Or maybe try for Callie or Marie. I don't get why they aren't octopuses though.

I have two anteaters and two "ostriches", If you know me you know I'm a big fan of ostriches and anteaters so I'd be weird for me to have just one of each, right? lol.

Before I actually knew what dreamies were, it never used to matter to me but after I started compiling my list of dreamies I found it a bit weird to have villagers of the same species, as I feel like they're the same villager just with a different face. Personally I like having variation, it makes my town feel more alive. However, if I have multiples of a species, it's usually the rabbits as I don't mind too much having multiples of them since they're my favourites.

Back