• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

misheard lyrics or quotes

when Starboy by the weeknd came on, i always used to think he said “house so empty, need a centipede” instead of “house so empty, need a centerpiece”,
and it also sounded like he said “you talkin’ money, need a hand grenade” instead of “you talkin‘ money, need a hearing aid”

why someone would notice that their house is empty and IMMEDIATELY think of a centipede is beyond me. :,)

From Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's cover of Joni Mitchell's Woodstock:

Misheard lyric:
"And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes flying shotgun in the sky,
Turning into f***** up flies above our nation."

Actual lyric:
"And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes riding shotgun in the sky,
Turning into butterflies above our nation."

Some songs:

“Viva La Vida” by Coldplay— Something about the enemy’s (expletive for butt) instead of eyes.

“Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard— More like “Pour Some Sugar On MAY”.

“The Leader of the Pack” by the Shangri-Las— For some reason, in one part I hear “they told me he was fat” instead of “they told me he was bad.”

“Lollipop (Candyman)” by Aqua— “Bubble yum” instead of “bubble gum”, but same meaning though.

“She Bop” by Cyndi Lauper— One part it sounds like “beret bop?”

“Little Red Corvette” by Prince— For some reason I hear “we need a red corvette.”

“Blinded by the Light” by Manfred Mann and the Earth Band— Everyone hears “wrapped up like a (feminine hygiene product starting with d)” instead of “revved up like a deuce” and I agree.

“…Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears— I hear “hit me aside” or “give me a side” instead of “give me a sign.”

“I Stay in Love” by Mariah Carey— RuPaul said it sounded like she said “fart like a whale” instead of “front like, ‘oh well’’ and now I can’t unhear it. 😂

Last edited:
in speak now by taylor swift, i thought it was “4 or 5 looks from everyone in the room“ instead of ”horrified look from everyone in the room” and i was so confused as to why more people weren’t reacting to taylor swift objecting at a wedding.

I always thought that the Backyardigans theme song said "you're with your friends", but apparently it says "more with your friends".

Uptown Funk

(I know what the lyrics are, but the first time I heard it I thought it said Dragon balls and retirement. I obviously knew that wasn't what it was lol so I had to look it up. But even now I like that verse better anyway so I just think back to that every time I hear the song.)

Back