• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Memes....Dubstep?! WTF nintendo?!

It's because of the youth of today abuses those stupid phrases like yolo and listen to dubstep..

They are making the game more appealing to their customers.

All of my friends animals say "yolo" and "swag", it's their town, whatever. All mine say things related to the gamecube, like "rawkhawk" "Isle Delfino" "Gamecube" "deku nut" "triforce" etc. It's a choice.

I picked dubstep because it's a great step up from techno for people who think techno is just boring trance beats with the same loop of music over and over (classic Daft Punk anyone?) /troll

I love that Kicks has the option to "Take my money!" like Phillip J. Fry would say. Makes me laugh when I see it.
It's nice to see Nintendo is in touch with more than just us older gamers.

Also, I'm great and everything I like is awesome.

You only live once has been said for god knows how long. People just started saying it for every stupid excuse to do something came up as YOLO most recently. I also agree with oath2order's stance.

- - - Post Merge - - -

All of my friends animals say "yolo" and "swag", it's their town, whatever. All mine say things related to the gamecube, like "rawkhawk" "Isle Delfino" "Gamecube" "deku nut" "triforce" etc. It's a choice.

I picked dubstep because it's a great step up from techno for people who think techno is just boring trance beats with the same loop of music over and over (classic Daft Punk anyone?) /troll

I love that Kicks has the option to "Take my money!" like Phillip J. Fry would say. Makes me laugh when I see it.
It's nice to see Nintendo is in touch with more than just us older gamers.

Also, I'm great and everything I like is awesome.

OMG YES! I WAS VERY AMUSED TO SEE "TAKE MY MONEY!" Too bad they don't say the whole thing ahaha. "Shutup and take my money!"

In a way so are you, this is the OP's opinion, you're turning it into something big because you don't like what was written... The OP was showing their thoughts in a humorous way, I can detect that it's not entirely serious, perhaps not everyone can.

It doesn't bother me, but makes me cringe someties when I think that a lot of the audience isn't still a teenager. Makes me laugh, but probably not in the way the game intended!

If OP didn't want to make it into something "big", then why make a thread about it and take the time to upload and edit pictures showing their disdain? You can't gripe about how the references are no longer Nintendo based only, and then make exceptions for one meme in particular just because it was said by Reggie. And please, point out the humor OP used to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO: Punctuation is your best friend. Using punctuation will make your posts easier to read, OP.

As far as this goes, that's not as bad as naming the club "Club LOL."

Atleast there's no villager who pretends to be "gangsta."

If OP didn't want to make it into something "big", then why make a thread about it and take the time to upload and edit pictures showing their disdain? You can't gripe about how the references are no longer Nintendo based only, and then make exceptions for one meme in particular just because it was said by Reggie. And please, point out the humor OP used to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO: Punctuation is your best friend. Using punctuation will make your posts easier to read, OP.

The use of "wtf" and the angry face, you don't use them if you are genuinely angry. Plus the storytelling approach and time taken to show the point. So exactly the things you pointed out. Plus this post is off-topic and so I should not have responded.

Plus, I didn't mention Reggie or everything being Nintendo-based.

P.S. I have a friend who is dyslexic and struggles with punctuation. Maybe best not to start pointing this out if you don't know someone on a personal level, it can make someone feel really bad when they would avoid it if they could. Just saying as I know how hard my friend would take it, she doesn't mean it and tries her best, we do not know the OP's status and so it seems mean to comment.

I think this thread needs to be locked before it turns into a full on argument (if it hasn't already). I am not finding anything that really needs reporting, but there are some posts on the edge.

Everybody has made their points, and to just continue is a waste of whatever.

The use of "wtf" and the angry face, you don't use them if you are genuinely angry. Plus the storytelling approach and time taken to show the point. So exactly the things you pointed out. Plus this post is off-topic and so I should not have responded.

Plus, I didn't mention Reggie or everything being Nintendo-based.

P.S. I have a friend who is dyslexic and struggles with punctuation. Maybe best not to start pointing this out if you don't know someone on a personal level, it can make someone feel really bad when they would avoid it if they could. Just saying as I know how hard my friend would take it, she doesn't mean it and tries her best, we do not know the OP's status and so it seems mean to comment.

Those are a lot of assumptions. o.o He could have been serious... my friend uses the angry face in chat when he's seriously angry all the time.

Animal Crossing has always been very modern in the way it "talks", it just doesn't seem that way with the former games because now they are outdated by a few years.

I always thought it was entertaining, and it makes sense for the developers to want to keep up with the times. Dubstep isn't some sort of "internet secret" or meme, it's become a huge mainstream genre that appeals to a lot of people.

I'm finding it quite funny. When I was getting signatures for Club LOL, Graham was the first person to sign. He made a big thing about it, and went on about signing before it was cool to sign. Hipster hamster...

I don't see why you're mad about it. Sure, I think some of the things are worn out already, but is it really that big of a deal? I don't like dubstep and most of the pop-culture things, but it doesn't really bother me to see it in a game based partly on social interactions. Nintendo is keeping up with the current times. Also, would you rather them have a set of very few music types, and replies? I don't see the same dialogue repeating itself anywhere near as much as it did in past games. Lol has been used for a lone time. The name of Club LOL makes since because it's owner is Dr. Shrunk, who is a comedian. As for saying "You only live once" is ridiculous, it has been in Nintendo games since before "YOLO" was even thought of. In Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, one of the characters says it at some point. That game came out in 2003. I don't think that's a reference to pop-culture. It's just a reply to a question.

And... I do only live once. This... is a factual statement. But lets not get into the "is dubstep music" debate because what is music? Sorry you're talking to a former music major who learned to hate life because of other music majors. :p hahahaha!!!

ONe of the villagers uses this Meme

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY [ITEM]"

Back