• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Memes....Dubstep?! WTF nintendo?!

imo techno is acceptable 'cause while there are bad songs there are a lot of good ones unlike dubstep which is the same headache every time.

Can this thread be locked already? OP made a thread that allows 0 discussion of any kind. It's their way or the highway and you can't reason with them.

Quality thread over here. Not really. 0/10

Can this thread be locked already? OP made a thread that allows 0 discussion of any kind. It's their way or the highway and you can't reason with them.

Quality thread over here. Not really. 0/10

There is discussion to be had here, this is called a persuasion discussion in which we try to make the other side see our point of view.

Rainbow, I can see your point but in my opinion these things are fine. At least they aren't a major part of the game, just little easter eggs (although I know not everyone would like to call them that). The internet is HUGE these days. Way bigger than movies so it makes sense that Nintendo would use silly memes from the internet. I can see that you don't mind when pop culture gets into things as long as it's more subtle but it's hard for stuff like that to be subtle. It was put in to relate to the kids who are growing up on this kind of stuff, you know? I'm sorry it sounds like it's ruining your experience but try not to mind it because there is no way to change it.

I didn't say that Dubstep was a meme and I know that some of these have been used even before they were a trend but what bothers me is that there are so many out of no where I mean sure they used some back then but only once or twice in one game I atleast can handle it since it's not that common but c'mon they even named the club "LOL"! don't get me wrong I love the game and not one moment feels wrong except for these when they mention internet trends or god awful genres of "music".

There is discussion to be had here, this is called a persuasion discussion in which we try to make the other side see our point of view.

Rainbow, I can see your point but in my opinion these things are fine. At least they aren't a major part of the game, just little easter eggs (although I know not everyone would like to call them that). The internet is HUGE these days. Way bigger than movies so it makes sense that Nintendo would use silly memes from the internet. I can see that you don't mind when pop culture gets into things as long as it's more subtle but it's hard for stuff like that to be subtle. It was put in to relate to the kids who are growing up on this kind of stuff, you know? I'm sorry it sounds like it's ruining your experience but try not to mind it because there is no way to change it.

Thank you, what you said clears everything up

This HAS to be a COINCIDENCE.

And why are my Jock villagers saying "Bro" instead of "Bud"?

It's not that surprising really, and I don't think it's as big a problem as you're making it out to be. There are a few instances here and there, but it doesn't feel like it's overdone in the game. Some of the things villagers say remind me of people I know, especially if they use modern slang or memes. For example, sometimes Roald calls me "ladybro", and every time he does that I think of this one friend of mine. ...Which is the reason I think they do it: to make the villagers seem relatable; like people you know.

Op if it bothers you that much just return your game. I for one actually like techno and dubstep.

Yes exactly that's what I was trying to go for; llike I said I don't mind popculture in media aslong as it's subtle and makes sense but imo they could have atleast used shows or games that kids grow up with (even if they are bad) instead of using memes and other trends also don't worry this doesn't ruin my experience atleast not much since it doesn't show up often what did bother me was the fact that they put that in a game like this; I mean games like saints row I can understand (the new one has a dubstep cannon/gun) and I hated with how they went with that game 'cause they're selling out not only with that but instead of a grand theft auto-esque game they're going for a mash of everything trendy/popular and it's a shame 'cause I like that series of games but it got ruined trying to be trendy (atleast imo) so obviously I don't want that to happen to this game :/.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As much as I like MLP I would hate that it's unoriginal the only way I'd like it it's if it were custom made or some sort of DLC :/

Techno is fine I like it but seriously dubstep is garbage and like I've said before it doesn't happen often it's not something that makes me not enjoy the game, it just bothers me but I can see how I made it look like it bothered me that greatly. Also I don't mind if people like something I'm not an ass by making them dislike it I just ignore it if I don't like it like my 3 older cousins which like dubstep,I just try and ignore it and now and then voice my opinion if neccesary.

You're getting too worked up over the fact that dubstep is even mentioned in the game though without realizing they cover all sorts of genres in this game. K.K. Slider plays all kinds of different music, and the villagers mention all kinds of different genres as well. I've seen mambo, swing, jazz, blue grass, techno, rock, etc. So why is it when they're covering so many different genres that you take the ONE genre you personally don't like and make a big scene about it on the forums -- where apparently nobody is even on your side to be honest so you're kind of wasting your time.

This game mentions many different things, so why cry about seeing one thing just because it's a "meme"? The "you only live once" phrase was actually used in its original context, not the context of YOLO. "Seems legit" isn't a meme either. I don't think some people even know what memes are.

While "YOLO" and "seems legit" have been used before they were trendy and imo it wouldn't bother me in that context but what bothers me is that they were used intentionally and like I said I'm not changing anyone's opinions just voicing out mine so if I'm the one person who actually has this opinion so be it I just wanted to point it out,besides I know that K.K. plays all kinds of genres and some I don't like at all but imo dubstep is just sound with no effort and trust me I've tried listening to various songs they all sound the same they usually start out good and then they mash on a board of sound effects and make it sound bad but again I'm just voicing my opinion so if everyone here enjoys or doesn't mind these things then whatever it's not a big deal It's just kinda frustrating considering most people who rely/use on these trends are annoying.

The whole argument of "This is geared towards teens and other kids who were raised on this stuff" irritates me. I am 13 and find these references annoying. I am sick of YOLO, Swag, LOLz and everything. Everyone in my grade is sagging their pants and stuff to the floor and sometimes people jokingly ask them why, and their reason is "Cuz I gotz swaaaaag..." and I am like: "ARE YOU FRICKING STUPID?!"

Really drives me insane. Also had Freya ask if I re-read books or whatever, with one of the options being "Reading? LOL!" like someone else mentioned, and that doesn't make much sense because if you say LOL or OMG in conversation, you are a doofus.

Sorry that I am so blunt, but these things really irritate me and I am not excited to deal with it daily when school starts again.

Eh, OP just because you don't like dubstep doesn't mean everyone else dislikes it as well. I personally don't, but I'm not going into an Internet tantrum just because a game decided to appeal to what's popular today in this time now.

Hell, If Psy's gangnam style was still super popular, we would more than likely see references of that in there as well.

The whole argument of "This is geared towards teens and other kids who were raised on this stuff" irritates me. I am 13 and find these references annoying. I am sick of YOLO, Swag, LOLz and everything. Everyone in my grade is sagging their pants and stuff to the floor and sometimes people jokingly ask them why, and their reason is "Cuz I gotz swaaaaag..." and I am like: "ARE YOU FRICKING STUPID?!"

Really drives me insane. Also had Freya ask if I re-read books or whatever, with one of the options being "Reading? LOL!" like someone else mentioned, and that doesn't make much sense because if you say LOL or OMG in conversation, you are a doofus.

Sorry that I am so blunt, but these things really irritate me and I am not excited to deal with it daily when school starts again.

Oh, to be a teenager again.

Yeah, it probably annoys you because you're around it all the time and people that age legitimately think it's cool to say. The people I've heard use those words say them in an obviously mocking tone. I remember when I was in your place, the words that were being abused in school were "kawaii", "L337", "lol", and "epic". I'm sure there were more, but I haven't thought about it much after graduation.

Eh, OP just because you don't like dubstep doesn't mean everyone else dislikes it as well. I personally don't, but I'm not going into an Internet tantrum just because a game decided to appeal to what's popular today in this time now.

Agreed. I'm sure if it was something OP liked, this thread wouldn't exist.

I think it's pretty cute. And it's true that many people listen to Dubstep these days, good for them for keeping up with the times.

Back