• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Luck'~'

lilyandemrys

Eleanor of Suntown
Bells
Cake
Does anyone else have bad luck? My older sibling got Marshal in their campsite and Julian as a random move in!!!

Am I the only person who has supremely bad luck, or does this happen to everyone?

PLEASE HELP!!

'~'

Well I found Marshal and Rosie as a random move in, and I also found fauna and chief from the campsite ^.^
My sister has bad luck with her villagers though... She gets ugly villagers x_x

Julian WOULD be a good thing, if it was the OP receiving them and not the older sibling of theirs, along with marshal in the campsite.

Tough luck :(

I remember one time Bunnie (the cutest rabbit in the whole game ;_; ) appeared in the campsite and I had 9 villagers so I could technically have asked her to move in... but I had to keep the spot for another villager I was getting later in the day from someone. RIP Bunnie, it wasn't meant to be <3

Both my brother and I have pretty good luck with our 1st towns. Julian is his 1st smug move-in while Colton is my 1st smug move-in (no resetting trick were involved at all).

With my current town though (I reset my town recently), my luck hasn't been all that great because... good lord, Hippeux either doesn't leave his house, or likes to go shopping whenever I need him to ping me to move. He's one of the least liked smugs of mine. OTL

Last edited:
My luck is okay. Most of my dreamies I got from the generosity of others. However, I got Bob, Molly, Apple, and Ankha from the campsite (Not all of them were dreamies, but they were nice. I still have the 3 besides Ankha.) No good random move-ins yet.

Last edited:
I seem to have quite a luck when it comes to villager reset trick.

I got Marshal, Marina, and Skye(campsite). Before Marshal, I got Julian but I passed him. Before Marina, Erik's camping(which I passed and regretted it).
I also got Sparro and Katt(campsite, just after Skye) which aren't as popular as others but I like them so I kept both.

Getting Julian is pretty lucky, because he could net you $$$. Not as much as Marshal(IIRC), but still worth it. About your bad luck, it depends on what villagers you get though.

Last edited:
yes and no. i have a mixed bag of luck, i'd say.

i had marshal and marina as random move-ins. let marshal go to the void because he started to annoy the living hell out of me. i've had some dreamies in my campsite, some i managed to talk into moving, some i didn't, some just randomly moved into my town.

Thanks, Yen Quest. I really hope you're right.
I'm going by the idea that once you shifted through the unwanted villagers, you'll only have the decent ones left to choose from. Rather than keeping your hope up though, the game only keep account of 16 ex-villagers, plus 9 who currently lives in town. That knocks... Well, not much from the list of probabilities. It's still something though. I recommend the time-travel/reset trick to get most of it done. xD

i'm with you there.
my luck is sooo crappy.
i get the worst random move-ins, the ugliest campers, you name it and it would've happened to me.

Back