• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Year, New Island

I just have to try and move Olive and one of my residents Serena over to my main island. Hopefully I have better luck then with Blaire. Working all weekend has made it hard to get everything done but will do my best.

I don't know if you'd count it but I restarted on Christmas Eve. So I guess I am a week ahead.
You are more than welcome to join. I would say anyone that just started the month of December or wants to join along if they are completely flattening their island is still welcome. I am sure there will be those of us that Time Travel as well, though I am not one of them. 😀
I just have to try and move Olive and one of my residents Serena over to my main island. Hopefully I have better luck then with Blaire. Working all weekend has made it hard to get everything done but will do my best.
You got this. We all know how work and time can be. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well in all thus businesses. You can always back track your date a little if you want the symbolic start or jump in when you get things situated a few days later if it doesn't line up.

You are more than welcome to join. I would say anyone that just started the month of December or wants to join along if they are completely flattening their island is still welcome. I am sure there will be those of us that Time Travel as well, though I am not one of them. 😀

You got this. We all know how work and time can be. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well in all thus businesses. You can always back track your date a little if you want the symbolic start or jump in when you get things situated a few days later if it doesn't line up.
So far I've only just built resident services and the campsite. Interestingly enough, there's nobody at the campsite today, probably because of New Years. I named my town Hadley, it's named after this really small town in Nevada that I've been to. I don't think I'll make it themed after that though. Then it would be a boring desert town of just dirt XD. I also mixed things up and made it a southern hemisphere island so my island is in the summer right now.
Restarting has been fun! I just didn't feel like doing anything on my last island and I didn't really care for the villagers but now it's been great. Also I feel like the villagers have been really fun to talk to recently. Like I've gotten plenty of requests and I played the treasure game twice. The prologue was a ton of fun and I just unlocked HHP so it'll be fun going through the DLC again

I always consider resetting my island around this time of year in the hopes it will get me back into playing regularly again, but I'm not sure if it would work! I have a lot of other games that I'm in the middle of so i don't know if I'd dedicate the time to it I want to. I might just flatten some parts, or maybe I'll take the plunge and hope for the best..

I always consider resetting my island around this time of year in the hopes it will get me back into playing regularly again, but I'm not sure if it would work! I have a lot of other games that I'm in the middle of so i don't know if I'd dedicate the time to it I want to. I might just flatten some parts, or maybe I'll take the plunge and hope for the best..
I find that restarting always helps me because it gives me goals to work towards when my island feels stale. Something about a new game and starting fresh gets the juices going.
Post automatically merged:

So far I've only just built resident services and the campsite. Interestingly enough, there's nobody at the campsite today, probably because of New Years. I named my town Hadley, it's named after this really small town in Nevada that I've been to. I don't think I'll make it themed after that though. Then it would be a boring desert town of just dirt XD. I also mixed things up and made it a southern hemisphere island so my island is in the summer right now.
Restarting has been fun! I just didn't feel like doing anything on my last island and I didn't really care for the villagers but now it's been great. Also I feel like the villagers have been really fun to talk to recently. Like I've gotten plenty of requests and I played the treasure game twice. The prologue was a ton of fun and I just unlocked HHP so it'll be fun going through the DLC again
That's the way I feel. When I restart. Something about seeing thr changes that happen over time or taking the time to gather supplies since I don't have tons anymore just helps ignite the magic back for me.

I’m thankfully off the next two days .It was just working the six days to get to tomorrow that kept me busy. Yea if I have to change the day I will . I would like to start at sunrise on the 1st.

Anyone have any ideas to what map they want. Or are you just going with the first four options. I have a few but not many things I need for my island to have or it just doesn’t feel right. I plan on having all my villagers auto fill. I love the surprise of who might show up. I definitely love the beginning of the game. This will be my forth island. I have kept my original island and just reset my second island at the end of one year or beginning of the next.

I wasn’t sure last year if I wanted to restart my second island. I decided to go for it anyway. It has been so much fun restarting. I think it’s because I love the beginning of the game so much.I also find starting over exciting.

I’m thankfully off the next two days .It was just working the six days to get to tomorrow that kept me busy. Yea if I have to change the day I will . I would like to start at sunrise on the 1st.

Anyone have any ideas to what map they want. Or are you just going with the first four options. I have a few but not many things I need for my island to have or it just doesn’t feel right. I plan on having all my villagers auto fill. I love the surprise of who might show up. I definitely love the beginning of the game. This will be my forth island. I have kept my original island and just reset my second island at the end of one year or beginning of the next.

I wasn’t sure last year if I wanted to restart my second island. I decided to go for it anyway. It has been so much fun restarting. I think it’s because I love the beginning of the game so much.I also find starting over exciting.

I am the same way. The beginning of the game is a bit exciting. I plan having it ready to start right at midnight or as close as I can and will probably play through the opening part until we go to sleep in the tent and turn in myself. Playing the rest on that actual morning. Or might play through to see the first sunrise of the year. I haven't decide yet. The first sunrise is always special if I remember right on a New Year. The first Sunset as well.

I usually let my houses auto fill as well as a suprise so I can find new favorites same when I visit my first few islands with very few exceptions. It is fun finding a new favorite. Just like where ever the first two want to build their house I let them and work around it. And usually I will let them move out on their own as well as long as I have their picture.

I plan on taking it slow though and enjoy the process. I am not going to rush around to upgrade right away.

For me I plan on choosing one of the first four. I would love cherries or peaches as my fruit, but it's not a hard sale. I dont mind different airports as it gives me different colorations I have not seen before.I figure it will be easy enough to get all of them after everyone's airport opens.

I am the same way. The beginning of the game is a bit exciting. I plan having it ready to start right at midnight or as close as I can and will probably play through the opening part until we go to sleep in the tent and turn in myself. Playing the rest on that actual morning. Or might play through to see the first sunrise of the year. I haven't decide yet. The first sunrise is always special if I remember right on a New Year. The first Sunset as well.

I usually let my houses auto fill as well as a suprise so I can find new favorites same when I visit my first few islands with very few exceptions. It is fun finding a new favorite. Just like where ever the first two want to build their house I let them and work around it. And usually I will let them move out on their own as well as long as I have their picture.

I plan on taking it slow though and enjoy the process. I am not going to rush around to upgrade right away.

For me I plan on choosing one of the first four. I would love cherries or peaches as my fruit, but it's not a hard sale. I dont mind different airports as it gives me different colorations I have not seen before.I figure it will be easy enough to get all of them after everyone's airport opens.
I love the sunrise in game it so pretty. I think it will be a great way to start. I have found so many new favorites through plots auto filling. Usually I place everyone on the beach until I figure out where to place them. I think I might let them choose this time.
Airport color doesn’t matter to me anymore since we can get everything customized eventually. I would like either cherries or apples. I would like to have roses as my native flower but it’s fine if not. The only two things I really want is the pier on the left. The peninsula on the right.

I love the sunrise in game it so pretty. I think it will be a great way to start. I have found so many new favorites through plots auto filling. Usually I place everyone on the beach until I figure out where to place them. I think I might let them choose this time.
Airport color doesn’t matter to me anymore since we can get everything customized eventually. I would like either cherries or apples. I would like to have roses as my native flower but it’s fine if not. The only two things I really want is the pier on the left. The peninsula on the right.
I get that. I always like my pier on the left and to be a decent size. Like you said airport color I don't care about. For me it would be mums. I am not a fan of that flower for some reason but it's not a deal breaker. Deal breaker would be a short pier.

I get that. I always like my pier on the left and to be a decent size. Like you said airport color I don't care about. For me it would be mums. I am not a fan of that flower for some reason but it's not a deal breaker. Deal breaker would be a short pier.
I don’t know why but it feels weird to have the pier on the right. Yea I definitely would rather have a long pier then a short one.

I know that this has been discussed before, I am not looking to bring up an old post, more like looking for like minded individuals. I plan on doing my yearly reset on January 01. I am looking for anyone else willing to do the same for funsy and join me on this ride. I would also consider allowing people that have just started their island in the last month or so.

I hope you, and everyone who also does this, will have a new island which will be even more satisfying.

A Happy New Year, of course, and a good one for all, in 2024!

I don’t know why but it feels weird to have the pier on the right. Yea I definitely would rather have a long pier then a short one.
I know for me my first Island had a left pier. So it throws me off if it is on a different side now and feels awkward.

I hope you, and everyone who also does this, will have a new island which will be even more satisfying.

A Happy New Year, of course, and a good one for all, in 2024!
Thank you. To you as well. Maybe one day I will find my forever island until then I will carry on lol.

I was finally successful in moving Olive and one of my residents to my main island. Now I can restart tomorrow.

Only ten minutes left here. I will probably get some sleep before I restart as it’s been a long day .

Back