• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you ever envy other people's luck?

Also good to note that it’s not every camper. Only the Amiibos will ask you who you want to kick. The random campers will in fact, replace a random villager.
Oh I was unaware of that lol! I usually don't take random campers so I was unaware but that's good to know.

Oh I was unaware of that lol! I usually don't take random campers so I was unaware but that's good to know.
The only good thing is if they pick the wrong villager to replace. Turn the game off before it auto saves and they have a chance of picking a different villager.

Nothing annoys me more than the fact that the character limit prevents people putting ‘Isle of’ in front of 4 letter town names.

Isle of Dogs T-T
I wanted mine to be Isle of Mist
Isla de Muerta woulda been cool too
Post automatically merged:

Link pleeeease

here's the shop where I got mine from. Unfortunately, right now the seller is on a hiatus, but when they come back you can order from them. These are the adorable Amiibo Cards I have mentioned multiple times in this thread. Excellent quality, I love them.

My luck today with fishing has been terrible. I need pop-eyed goldfish, nibble fish, piranha, betta, ranchu goldfish. What am I getting? Nonstop neon tetras and pale chubs and garbage in the ocean.

The new island I made a few days ago on my old switch has given me pretty darn good luck with random villagers. I wonder if it has anything to do with the island having a completely straight shot to the plaza from the airport?
  • First came Olive on a mystery island (who looks similar to Poncho in terms of facial features so automatic move-in for me).
  • Audie and Filbert just randomly came by.
  • Jacques is my first campsite villager who was a longtime resident of my main island, Wahu, on my main switch. He's so cool.
  • While searching mystery islands again, I found another former Wahu resident, Scoot, on my third go. Given that I actually regretted moving him out previously and that he's essentially a meme for the jock personality, I decided to let him stay on the new island. He's not leaving now!
Unfortunately, the two starter villagers were those that I didn't really care about (Sylvia & Teddy) and I replaced them with amiibo villagers. In terms of "natural" villagers, Audie, Jacques and Scoot will be permanent residents, while Olive and Filbert I may replace in the future, but I'm not sure yet.

Now if you wanna hear my bad luck, well, the first island I made before the new one on my old switch had some villagers I really wanted out ASAP. For starters, Boots was one of the first two, and I don't like any alligator villagers. It really didn't help that I later got PIETRO as my campsite resident. That's already two villagers that dress like guys from the circus. I kicked both of those guys out as soon as I could.

The other random villagers I got were okay, but not exactly who I wanted:
  • Reneigh is, of course, a newer-to-the-series villager, but I really wanted Katt as my sisterly villager instead and was quickly replaced.
  • Anchovy was the only villager I was considering to keep, but unfortunately I had to kick him out to move Beau in.
  • Chevre is popular, but I think she's overrated in my opinion. I don't really like how she looks.
  • Bubbles. I don't really like hippo villagers, but I'll give her credit in that she doesn't look completely weird.
  • Diana is cute (as well as almost all the deer villagers), but she didn't match the theme I was going for.
  • Angus is actually a pretty cool bovine, and I think he's the 2nd best bovine villager behind Patty. But I wanted a cranky villager of a different species.
  • T-Bone, another cranky bovine. I didn't need two villagers of the same personality and species.
So, yeah. It's a grind for some if they do the mystery island/time travel campsite methods, and RNG seems to work its magic for some and go bad for others. I had a little bit of both lately.

tl;dr - New, restarted island I made gave me cool villagers. Pre-restart island gave me duds.

My luck today with fishing has been terrible. I need pop-eyed goldfish, nibble fish, piranha, betta, ranchu goldfish. What am I getting? Nonstop neon tetras and pale chubs and garbage in the ocean.

I have immediately gotten the piranha, nibblefish, and dorado today as the first three I caught and those three I needed.

Omg that's crazy lucky! Yes. I am envious.

When I go villager hunting, I usually find a gorilla first. I don't like gorillas, I don't even talk to them, just move on to the next island.

Which is usually a kangaroo. I don't like kangaroos (except walt). I don't even talk to them. I go to the next island and find...

A gorilla! Sometimes different, sometimes the same as the first. It's really, really frustrating. After I go through a few gorillas and kangaroos, I'll finally see something different, but it's a pain to spend all those nook miles and all that time just to get through the initial slog of gorillas and kangaroos.

I did get lucky the other day and found Norma fairly quickly. But next time I go villager hunting, it's pretty good odds it'll be a gorilla...

Back