• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do people still campsite cycle?

IndiaHawker

Bells
Back after a long time, looking for a few villagers but things seem much more inactive - I guess it's been a while! I'm trying to get campsite villagers as it'd be nice for them not to keep mentioning their old island - if I get from someone else's campsite, will they still mention the other person and their island or not? I remember people used to post about cycling for villagers at their campsite and who they had currently, but I can't seem to find anything unless I'm skimming over it or looking in the wrong section of the villager trading forum maybe? Does this still exist? Thanks for any help!

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can actually get villagers from someone else's campsite, unfortunately! I remember visiting one once, and they just gave me the whole 'I'm vacationing here and having fun' response with no way to ask them about moving in.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can actually get villagers from someone else's campsite, unfortunately! I remember visiting one once, and they just gave me the whole 'I'm vacationing here and having fun' response with no way to ask them about moving in.
You're correct about that, but there's also the possibility of getting villagers to visit your campsite if they moved out of one of your friends' islands. They'll even mention it if you talk to them, as well as when they first move into your island. I've never experienced this myself as I don't have friends that play the game (I cry every night) and I invite everyone with amiibo anyway. My lineup as seen in my signature isn't changing anytime soon, so I doubt I'll ever see the dialogue myself.

Not from a campsite. But you can request villagers from cyclists. Then go to that person's island, and collect them.

I've never had a villager talk about islands they've come from.

Second is use thr campsite method but it requires alot of time skipping. However. From very specific villager hunts, I do find the campsite method the best way. I got Bree, from using it. I had no snooties on my island so I kept cycling using the campsite method. Found her.

Skip to a campsite visit, then skip fifteen days ahead. I've seen people looking for Raymond get him using it, my friends use it. It's an excellent method. You need to be patient and have less then two of that personality on your island.

I've never had a villager talk about islands they've come from.
i have! the last time someone randomly moved in to plot of land it was klaus and he said he was from my sister’s island. i’m not sure about campsites, though.

Skip to a campsite visit, then skip fifteen days ahead. I've seen people looking for Raymond get him using it, my friends use it. It's an excellent method. You need to be patient and have less then two of that personality on your island.
I don't think that having less than two matters much. I have three Snooties on my island and got two Snooty campers in a row.

I don't really care. After losing my insanity so many times trying to get villagers to move on the island I am not going through with this nonsense with the dumb card mini game that really makes me want to go scream into the mountains. This is one of the reasons why I cracked and bought amiibo cards.

You're correct about that, but there's also the possibility of getting villagers to visit your campsite if they moved out of one of your friends' islands. They'll even mention it if you talk to them, as well as when they first move into your island. I've never experienced this myself as I don't have friends that play the game (I cry every night) and I invite everyone with amiibo anyway. My lineup as seen in my signature isn't changing anytime soon, so I doubt I'll ever see the dialogue myself.
Ah, okay! I don't think any of them have ever come back to my camp before. I've only ever had them in my void waiting for the next time I don't fill up an open plot. Then again, I only have a very limited number of Switch friends that play the game (every last one of them comes from online play, no irl AC pals for me either), so that might also be why.

Back