do you ever envy other people's luck?

rayy

jeremiah frogofan #1
Bells
Island
I've been watching my partner going on a villager hunt.

30nmt in they had some of the more popular villagers such as stitches, lolly, diana, octavian, chevre :,)

previous villager hunts also included shino, kabuki, marshal, gayle, maple, pekoe, fang & pudge

i envy their luck so much that it hurts but unfortunately these are the exact villagers they don't want!
anyone ever feel like this??? :,)

I feel like rng magically knows what you want so it gives you everything else but what your looking for.
I can't believe some people find Molly with just a few tickets. I can't seem to find her at all.

I feel like rng magically knows what you want so it gives you everything else but what your looking for.
I can't believe some people find Molly with just a few tickets. I can't seem to find her at all.
exactly! every time i watch people going on a villager hunt they always get the ones i want even as duplicates.. even now ive had molly twice already while others would have already taken her!

Yes. I randomly got Sherb as one of my three plots from Nook. I also had Stitches as a random move in shortly after Sherb moved in. I had to trade him for Goldie. I had to work so hard for my dog island. I even found Sherb again three times on a mystery island within ten tickets. I was thinking of inviting him just to use him as trade bait. Luckily, I have every villager I want now.

Last edited:
Yes. I randomly got Sherb as one of my three plots from Nook. I also had Stitches as a random move in shortly after Sherb moved in. I had to trade him for Goldie. I had to work so hard for my dog island. I even found Sherb again three times on a mystery island within ten tickets. I was thinking of inviting him just to use him as trade bait. Luckily, I have every villager I want now.
the worst is when you keep getting villagers you just got rid off. had the same issue and it drove me insane

Not usually, since there aren’t actually better/rarer villagers in this game. As someone who prefers the unpopular villagers, I’m glad that the popular ones aren’t on every third island! It’s not like other RNG games where you might get a super powerful weapon in one try or in fifty—there isn’t any objective measure of villagers.

BUT there was one time my partner and I had an empty plot at the same time and we decided to go villager hunting together. He said “Who are you hoping for?” I replied “I really just want Cashmere the sheep!” Literally his first island was Cashmere. I will admit to a little annoyance there! He invited her because he felt bad and we tried to move her into my town but there were other villagers in the queue already. It wasn’t meant to be….

I do get jealous, especially when I'm looking for unpopular villagers and youtubers/content creators/etc find them and go "Ew! Oh my God not [name] again! I hate this villager/species so much, stop following me!" I know my odds of getting unpopular villagers via trading are low because... well, popular villagers are popular for a reason. I feel like I don't make any sense today, sorry if this was confusing. ^^'

Maybe in the beginning I did, but not so much now considering I have all the amiibo cards and can just scan in anyone I want, but I prefer to hunt cause it's more rewarding and fun 🤣

@coffeeplant I feel that
They run into someone you really like/are having trouble finding and their reaction is just so negative lol >.>;

Maybe in the beginning I did, but not so much now considering I have all the amiibo cards and can just scan in anyone I want, but I prefer to hunt cause it's more rewarding and fun 🤣

@coffeeplant I feel that
They run into someone you really like/are having trouble finding and their reaction is just so negative lol >.>;
Same. I still hunt for villagers even with having all the cards because hunting is just more fun and I like the randomness of it.

No. I already play a gacha game, so I'm used to the feeling of getting a bad hand despite spending a lot of in-game currency. Although, I do feel that the stakes are higher in this game, because the vacant plot will be filled if you don't TT.

I feel like I get luck with the most popular characters but never the ones I actually want.

I recently came back to playing ACNH after a long, much needed hiatus, but after a long time of hunting and at least 50 tickets spent, I just couldn't get the villagers I wanted. I stumbled across so many villagers that people LOVE; Molly, Alice, Hazel, Judy, Sherb, Merengue, Zell, and a lot of others, but they just aren't my favorites. I guess the grass is greener on the other side, because we all have different tastes.

As for the Amiibo cards, I have a few, especially ones of characters I want and love, but I prefer the hunting too. I like to use the Amiibos to kick out my least favs, lol.

Not usually, since there aren’t actually better/rarer villagers in this game. As someone who prefers the unpopular villagers, I’m glad that the popular ones aren’t on every third island! It’s not like other RNG games where you might get a super powerful weapon in one try or in fifty—there isn’t any objective measure of villagers.

BUT there was one time my partner and I had an empty plot at the same time and we decided to go villager hunting together. He said “Who are you hoping for?” I replied “I really just want Cashmere the sheep!” Literally his first island was Cashmere. I will admit to a little annoyance there! He invited her because he felt bad and we tried to move her into my town but there were other villagers in the queue already. It wasn’t meant to be….
but just like that its always like RNG works against you somehow! have you got cashmere yet? if not good luck!
Post automatically merged:

I do get jealous, especially when I'm looking for unpopular villagers and youtubers/content creators/etc find them and go "Ew! Oh my God not [name] again! I hate this villager/species so much, stop following me!" I know my odds of getting unpopular villagers via trading are low because... well, popular villagers are popular for a reason. I feel like I don't make any sense today, sorry if this was confusing. ^^'
i hate watching villager hunts because of this! 😭it just hurts to watch whenever someone complains about some of your absolute favourite villagers. and the trading part is even worse: i mean there are free treasure islands with villagers in boxes, unfortunately they're usually the "popular" ones many want like raymond,...

I feel like I get luck with the most popular characters but never the ones I actually want.

I recently came back to playing ACNH after a long, much needed hiatus, but after a long time of hunting and at least 50 tickets spent, I just couldn't get the villagers I wanted. I stumbled across so many villagers that people LOVE; Molly, Alice, Hazel, Judy, Sherb, Merengue, Zell, and a lot of others, but they just aren't my favorites. I guess the grass is greener on the other side, because we all have different tastes.

As for the Amiibo cards, I have a few, especially ones of characters I want and love, but I prefer the hunting too. I like to use the Amiibos to kick out my least favs, lol.
the amiibo card usage is genius! doesnt it replace a random villager though?

Last edited:
I sometimes envy my own luck. On a previous island, I found Stitches in 2 tickets. Now that I want him for one of my islands [I wasn't planning on him for that previous island, but took him anyway] I won't be able to find him.
I've also had the opposite end- I've spent 600+ tickets looking for Pietro at one point, and somewhere in that range also looking for Marcel. I did find Pietro, but Marcel had to be given to me by a friend. Since then, I found this shop on Etsy that sells Amiibos in a passport style. These Amiibo are higher-quality than Nintendo's official ones imo, and are cuter. I bought Pietro's Amiibo from that shop, so it's much easier for me to get him. No longer will my AC characters have to wear jester costumes with the white body paint and Pietro-inspired face paint, and a clown nose, and matching jester shoes, just to try and manifest Pietro. Now I can manifest him whenever I want.

but just like that its always like RNG works against you somehow! have you got cashmere yet? if not good luck!

i hate watching villager hunts because of this! 😭it just hurts to watch whenever someone complains about some of your absolute favourite villagers. and the trading part is even worse: i mean there are free treasure islands with villagers in boxes, unfortunately they're usually the "popular" ones many want like raymond,...

no. With Amiibo cards, you choose who they kick. With regular camper farming, they randomly pick someone- however if you close the game and boot it back up, the same camper will be there and they can kick someone else. I've had to do this multiple times to get a camper to kick someone I wanted to leave. Amiibo cards are often the way to go if you want a specific villager. Especially if you can find some cuter unofficial ones on Etsy or something. I found some that feel higher quality than Nintendo's official ones and are so much cuter, and include details like the game the villager was introduced in, their catchphrase, favorite colors and styles, stuff like that.

I sometimes envy my own luck. On a previous island, I found Stitches in 2 tickets. Now that I want him for one of my islands [I wasn't planning on him for that previous island, but took him anyway] I won't be able to find him.
I've also had the opposite end- I've spent 600+ tickets looking for Pietro at one point, and somewhere in that range also looking for Marcel. I did find Pietro, but Marcel had to be given to me by a friend. Since then, I found this shop on Etsy that sells Amiibos in a passport style. These Amiibo are higher-quality than Nintendo's official ones imo, and are cuter. I bought Pietro's Amiibo from that shop, so it's much easier for me to get him. No longer will my AC characters have to wear jester costumes with the white body paint and Pietro-inspired face paint, and a clown nose, and matching jester shoes, just to try and manifest Pietro. Now I can manifest him whenever I want.

no. With Amiibo cards, you choose who they kick. With regular camper farming, they randomly pick someone- however if you close the game and boot it back up, the same camper will be there and they can kick someone else. I've had to do this multiple times to get a camper to kick someone I wanted to leave. Amiibo cards are often the way to go if you want a specific villager. Especially if you can find some cuter unofficial ones on Etsy or something. I found some that feel higher quality than Nintendo's official ones and are so much cuter, and include details like the game the villager was introduced in, their catchphrase, favorite colors and styles, stuff like that.
that's actually amazing! now i have to consider buying some cards. thank you for the info!

Nothing annoys me more than the fact that the character limit prevents people putting ‘Isle of’ in front of 4 letter town names.

Isle of Dogs T-T
I wanted mine to be Isle of Mist
Isla de Muerta woulda been cool too

I found this shop on Etsy that sells Amiibos in a passport style. These Amiibo are higher-quality than Nintendo's official ones imo, and are cuter.
Link pleeeease

Last edited:
I have actually had really good luck finding most of the villagers I have wanted. I found penguin villagers pretty easily on my main island and now have most of their Amiibo’s. I recently restarted my second island and have had good luck with campsite villagers and auto-fills. I had been looking for Ken ,Blaire and Olive before I restarted the second island for awhile and all three have showed up in the campsite.

I considered myself very lucky when I was hunting for villagers. I found Audie on my second or third trip to a mystery island, and the other villagers I wanted, such as Sterling and Knox, didn't feel like it took too much to find them. I found a lot of the popular villagers like Raymond (gave away) and Judie (kept) early on.

But it's worth noting that I a) started playing later than most and b) was happy to accept other villagers and rotate as many as I could before eventually settling on my final ten. If I took those points out of consideration, Sterling and Knox took forever to find and I would have absolutely envied the people finding them quickly.

Yes, but if you're lucky enough, try over and over again enough, or hate the majority of your villagers enough (lmao), then it works out! And the camper will always ask if you want to move that villager out or not beforehand, so no risks are taken.

Yes, but if you're lucky enough, try over and over again enough, or hate the majority of your villagers enough (lmao), then it works out! And the camper will always ask if you want to move that villager out or not beforehand, so no risks are taken.
Also good to note that it’s not every camper. Only the Amiibos will ask you who you want to kick. The random campers will in fact, replace a random villager.

Back