• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Louie and new items coming to Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer on Oct. 2 (Europe)

aliendeallstar

Bells
Nintendo is adding free DLC to Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for the game?s European launch next week. On October 2, players will have access to new character Louie and a few new items.

animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-dlc-656x328.jpg

Here?s the official announcement from Twitter: https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/646368742239260672

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/louie-and-new-items-coming-to-animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-on-oct-2-europe/

That's exciting! The thing that confuses me, though, is that the playthrough of the Japanese version I'm watching already has at least some if not all of those items in it (possibly via Static the squirrel?) and they weren't DLC as far as I'm aware. The streamer used the Yoshi egg in a design for Yuka's house and Bullet Bill was used just last night in Vic's house. Unless they were removed from other regional versions to be provided as DLC?

I wonder why he's called Louie, he looks a bit like DK. The fact that he looks like Donkey Kong and comes with all those Mario-themed items makes sense at least - he's even wearing a Mario tee and a Luigi tee in his picture.

I can't say that I like him or that I can imagine using many of the items coming but hey at least it is something.

I wonder why he's called Louie, he looks a bit like DK. The fact that he looks like Donkey Kong and comes with all those Mario-themed items makes sense at least - he's even wearing a Mario tee and a Luigi tee in his picture.

I can't say that I like him or that I can imagine using many of the items coming but hey at least it is something.

Maybe the NA will get something cool as well? Seems odd they don't have new items to go with Louie but thats still exciting that he is returning!

It's cool that they're bringing old villagers back but I'm not too keen on him or his items. :c

I'm excited, he looks kinda' cute and I really like the items. It's always fun to implement Mario themed items in AC homes. I wonder what future DLC they are going to release for this game.
I can't imagine this won't be available for America at all, maybe not right away but later? If they leave out characters and items for certain countries, that would be rather mean. ^^;; I know Japan often gets stuff the rest of the world doesn't (7-Eleven) which I don't really like but it's somewhat more understandable marketing wise than handling DLC differently for Europe and America.

Just so people know all items other than Louie's pic should already be in the game. VoluptuaSneezelips is right, they are unlocked when designing Statics house. And I very much doubt that the items will be removed from the game (and Static's theme?) just to have them as DLC.

i dont think the items are exclusive to him, its just what he comes with. there are often a few animals to bring parts of the same item range. but yay for free "dlc".. ^^

That's exciting! The thing that confuses me, though, is that the playthrough of the Japanese version I'm watching already has at least some if not all of those items in it (possibly via Static the squirrel?) and they weren't DLC as far as I'm aware. The streamer used the Yoshi egg in a design for Yuka's house and Bullet Bill was used just last night in Vic's house. Unless they were removed from other regional versions to be provided as DLC?
Just so people know all items other than Louie's pic should already be in the game. VoluptuaSneezelips is right, they are unlocked when designing Statics house. And I very much doubt that the items will be removed from the game (and Static's theme?) just to have them as DLC.

It's most likely just a marketing ploy to hype up the items. That said tho, they never said the items in the pics were the exclusives, they just said he'll come with exclusive items.

It's most likely just a marketing ploy to hype up the items. That said tho, they never said the items in the pics were the exclusives, they just said he'll come with exclusive items.

Fair point! Folks here and elsewhere are getting super excited on the assumption that the stuff in the pic are the items, though, but as Benny Hill said, to assume makes an ass of u and me. Maybe the "exclusive" item is his pic. :)

"add something-something nintendo related to the picture" ^^;
so i guess we'll be getting one returning villager every month as dlc from now on?

Last edited:
This is cool, I was afraid that you'd only be able to get returning villagers through the cards.

we have to wait till october 2nd to find out, unless they tell us before, but i guess one of the npcs will say there's a new customer and bring them in.. dont think they just show up in town since the people are random and change every ingame day... unless they are just unlocked and added to the general pool of villagers that can come that day, we'll see soon ^^

Last edited:
Back