• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Lol. Sucks for DSi owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megamannt125 said:
pielover6 said:
TravisTouchdown said:
But the DS has been around for like, almost 6 years now? The point is, you DSi owners got screwed over since a new generation of Nntendo's handhelds are going to come out, and if I recall correctly, your DSis are 1 year old. That gives game developers 2 years, assuming this new DS comes out 2011, to maximize the features of the DSi, otherwise, it's just a DS with a camera. Plus, the first DSi-only game won't be out until 2010. So that means that the DSi-only games are probably going to be really, really small.

DS:
Media: Game Boy Advance cartridge and Nintendo DS Game Card
CPU: One 67 MHz ARM946E-S and one 33 MHz ARM7TDMI
Storage capacity: Cartridge save, 4 MB RAM

DSi:
Media: Nintendo DS Game Card, Secure Digital card (SD card) and Secure Digital High Capacity card (SDHC card)
CPU: 2 ARM architecture processors
Storage capacity: Cartridge save, 256 MB internal flash memory and SD/SDHC card (up to 32 GB)
Well to you.

My DSi? I just got it like 1 month ago.

So sure Travis in your eyes we got screwed.

In mine, another great Nintendo handheld is coming out.
That's what Nintendo wants you to do, they can keep making new consoles, even ones that just have a few added features, and Nintendo fanboys will continue to mindlessly buy their same old crap and Nintendo will keep doing it over and over as long as they can continue to take giant baths in money because they don't care about their consumer's or fans anymore, they just want you to keep buying their stuff.
Meh, I just got it cause my DSL broke, after 3 years.

Megamannt125 said:
pielover6 said:
TravisTouchdown said:
But the DS has been around for like, almost 6 years now? The point is, you DSi owners got screwed over since a new generation of Nntendo's handhelds are going to come out, and if I recall correctly, your DSis are 1 year old. That gives game developers 2 years, assuming this new DS comes out 2011, to maximize the features of the DSi, otherwise, it's just a DS with a camera. Plus, the first DSi-only game won't be out until 2010. So that means that the DSi-only games are probably going to be really, really small.

DS:
Media: Game Boy Advance cartridge and Nintendo DS Game Card
CPU: One 67 MHz ARM946E-S and one 33 MHz ARM7TDMI
Storage capacity: Cartridge save, 4 MB RAM

DSi:
Media: Nintendo DS Game Card, Secure Digital card (SD card) and Secure Digital High Capacity card (SDHC card)
CPU: 2 ARM architecture processors
Storage capacity: Cartridge save, 256 MB internal flash memory and SD/SDHC card (up to 32 GB)
Well to you.

My DSi? I just got it like 1 month ago.

So sure Travis in your eyes we got screwed.

In mine, another great Nintendo handheld is coming out.
That's what Nintendo wants you to do, they can keep making new consoles, even ones that just have a few added features, and Nintendo fanboys will continue to mindlessly buy their same old crap and Nintendo will keep doing it over and over as long as they can continue to take giant baths in money because they don't care about their consumer's or fans anymore, they just want you to keep buying their stuff.
^

Oh, boo hoo.

How dare Nintendo release a new DS over 3 years after the last one. There's always going to be something newer and better released. Nobody's getting screwed over, and Nintendo isn't forcing you to buy it, and you don't have to. The original DS can play every DS game on the market. If I still had my DS, I'd be happy with just that, because it still does what I wanted it to do. If I wanted to upgrade to a DSi for the camera, I could. I wouldn't feel screwed over or whatever. Nintendo improves upon the DS line every two or three years mostly for new customers who weren't attracted to the previous devices.. They're not stealing your money, and they're not ripping you off. Stop acting like they're releasing a new console every year that makes the previous one obsolete.

bdubs2594 said:
Ahaha. Serves those DSi owners right for wasting their money on yet another rehash of the handheld they already possess.
1. We can buy what we want
2. I had to get the dsi because my lite broke
3. Soo the dsi is similar the same console yet you can download games and browse internet
4. Not everyone had a ds

Bacon Boy said:
Tom said:
Joe said:
John102 said:
Joe said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
I'm not angry, I don't know where you got the impression I was angry....

@Tom, this is what is happening to Apple also, it's sad, not enough competition....
The curse word.
*censored.3.0*ing.
:3
It gets the point across.

@John: Yeah. Nearly two bucks for a single song? That's bull.
Nonono, it's $1.29.
That's still bull.

@Irock: On the market now, sure. Can the DS Lite and Phat get crap from the shop? Nope. Is the DSi going to have games with exclusive DSi Features? You betcha. DSi exclusive games? Damn right.

Tom said:
@Irock: On the market now, sure. Can the DS Lite and Phat get crap from the shop? Nope. Is the DSi going to have games with exclusive DSi Features? You betcha. DSi exclusive games? Damn right.
It's been five years since the original DS release. It only makes sense that there would be a new DS with exclusive features.

Granted, they should do software updates like Apple does with the iPod. My 1st gen iPod Touch can do everything that the most recent iPod Touch can software wise. It just doesn't have an external speaker and a hard button volume control. It's probably an issue with storage, though.

nook said:
Does it have to come out so early?
3 years after the DSi and 7 years after the original DS? That isn't early.

If Nintendo doesn't improve their technology, they'll stop making money. Don't get mad because they upgrade their DS line every few years.

Is it just another Ds or is it a totally different System?

If thats the case, Then This would be interesting. But if its just another Dsi, Then I'll give it a miss since I'm Happy with my DSi already.

B-Coz said:
Is it just another Ds or is it a totally different System?

If thats the case, Then This would be interesting. But if its just another Dsi, Then I'll give it a miss since I'm Happy with my DSi already.
It's not known.

Nobody even knows if this is completely true.

Please don't post in an old thread just to say it's old... You aren't in trouble but it's very annoying so please keep that in mind for the future.

Please don't post in an old thread just to say it's old... You aren't in trouble but it's very annoying so please keep that in mind for the future.

Justin is jealous he didn't notice the age of this thread first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back