• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Life after death?

Do you think there is Life after Death?

• Yes, I think so.

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • No, I don't think so.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • I would hope so, but I feel unsure.

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Afterlife or lack of depends on person

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
I do—I'm not really religious so I'm not sure if it's as ghosts, in an afterlife, a return to a greater consciousness, some form of reincarnation or a mix thereof, but I don't believe that anything simply ceases to exist. I don't remember anything before I was born, sure, but that's in this brain, in this body. I don't have any memory of being an infant either, but I know I was one anyway. Although when I was a toddler I remember being very angry that I "didn't get to be a baby" because I couldn't remember it lol

Of course, I could be wrong, but believing in it now brings me a great deal of comfort, and if I am wrong... well, uh, not to get too dark here but it's not like it'll matter to me at that point anyway. 😅

I have always been unsure about this, but after my Mum passed away suddenly in October, I cling onto the hope that there is something after death. I've been really struggling with her passing and it's one of the things that keeps me going, hoping that she's watching over me and someday I'll get to meet her again. When a feather falls down from the sky I like to think it's her near, as she always believed that. 💜

I don’t believe there is. I don’t even know if I would like it, I understand why people hope for it but life already is so hard imagining an afterlife even sounds difficult for me.

I do believe in perfect life after death for those who choose it through Christ, but I also believe in the ceasing of existence (perma-death) for those who choose not to believe.

Thought I’d post since my poll answer is technically both yes and no but I can’t vote for both. >>;

I feel unsure what to believe. This isn't really something I think about and live in the moment. I think there may be something after death but I don't know what.

I do believe in perfect life after death for those who choose it through Christ, but I also believe in the ceasing of existence (perma-death) for those who choose not to believe.

Thought I’d post since my poll answer is technically both yes and no but I can’t vote for both. >>;
I added the option (hope I worded it ok? Lmk if not)

i was baptized catholic but im really unsure, we can’t really prove that an afterlife exists. apart of me feels like there’s an afterlife, the other half thinks that it’s like going into a dreamless sleep forever.

I was raised Catholic, so it’s hard to convince me that there isn’t an afterlife. While there is a part of me that is afraid that it’ll be just an eternal sleep; I do wish to see my loved ones again. It would be sad knowing that I couldn’t.

No, I don't believe in anything like that. I'd love to, but I'm just someone that puts logic first.

I don't believe in an afterlife. I envy people who can! I really wish I could but I am just to sceptial I guess.

I am afraid of the death and I really hope threre is something like reincarnation.

Yes. Spirituality runs strongly through our family with many of us believing in life after death.

Back