• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🫘 Let's talk about Throwing Beans 🫘

Did you buy the Throwing Beans collectible/reaction?

• Total voters

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth

1710242537213.png
Throwing Beans
1710242541294.png

Ninety-seven of you so far have bought the throwing beans.
Did you buy the Throwing Beans? Are you enjoying throwing beans at people? 🤔
would you like to be able to throw beans at people forever?

Aren't these meant to ward off evil spirits in Japan? 🤨💭👹 Well, whatever the case, they sure are fun to throw at people, huh? Personally I prefer throwing tomatoes, but I guess beans work too. 🤭 I remember in New Leaf, you could use them to glitch out of bounds. Nintendo eventually patched that in an update though. 😕

While I like the throwing beans item in the games, and while the collectible is relatively inexpensive and fun, I haven't and probably am not going to buy it. I've got too many things that I want to buy that I need to save up my TBT for while I can during this bell boom period. It's kind of along the same lines as temporary backgrounds; while I've bought some of those, I've also passed on some of them because I couldn't justify paying for something with a limited duration.

Throwing beans conveys an emotion not quite represented by the other reactions. Am I being friendly and gifting you beans? Am I trying to annoy you by pelting you with them? Some other option? Truly a versatile reaction. I do agree that I wish we could actually keep the Throwing Beans as a collectible, though.

no I didn’t buy the beans, but I do like seeing it around the forums. I was thinking about it though. was there ever any confirmation of the beans giving you extra silver dust? I thought I heard someone mention that somewhere around the forums or maybe I’m just misremembering during my half awake dusting sessions lol. I honestly didn’t even know that throwing beans was a thing in new leaf either, I must have not ever gotten to that part of the game.

edit: I have bought the beans, 🫘 !!

Last edited:
Back