• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion

I've only played about 30 mins of the new game but i'll put my thoughts in a spoiler idk if its considered spoiler-ish but YOLO

Actually maybe I've done more than 30 mins, last thing I remember was beating the witch ***** for the first time, and haining the ability to walk into walls or w/e. Then I talked to that guy and he like 'u mite not hav the chance 2 save in a while, do u want 2 save now????' and i saved and that's it.

- I really don't like the overworld above view gameplay. it looks odd
- the game runs smoothly though, and the graphics are nice (despite the fact I hate Link's design)
-- that said, I understand they're trying to keep it in the ropes of the original, but still...
- I liked how the storyline didn't take FOREVERRRR to start like OMG. After like 5 minutes it was ready to go, and I really liked that. I love the Zelda series, but I just hate how it takes like 6 years to start the plotline

yeah I haven't done a lot so that's all I can really say.
(that Ravio magic gauge thing or w/e is a ***** but I'm assuming it increases over time or something???

Finished ALBW today, yay. With all the damn Maiamai's and everything! I really, really liked it, probably one of my favorite Zelda games.

Just gotta wait until Christmas XD
Meanwhile, listening to the music can help tide me over :3
Also going to finish a playthrough of Link to the Past. Currently raging in a certain section of Turtle Rock; need to get healing stuff before attempting again :p

I beat the 3rd dungeon today and got the master sword. Easiest dungeons ive played in any zelda game. Maybe its because im so familiar with the way the puzzle mechanism work?? (even though the dungeon layouts are new and they incorporate merging into the walls)... Ive gotten every chest in the first 3 dungeons as well, and I hardly ever do that in the other games because theyre usually very difficult to find. I still love the game... its just been easy so far.

Gah, I have to wait till x-mas to get ALBW
also getting twilight princess, as my old disk got stepped on accidentaly, before I finished the game :(

Last edited:
I purchased A Link Between Worlds today and so far I am pleased.

much nostalgia
very pretty visuals
fun as f.

I'm heading towards my second dungeon now (the windmill place thing). I've got the ability to swim and the rock lifting gloves for the dungeon after that by stumbling across the miners house, I've also done like 2 treasure dungeon things.

I really like it so far, I've played maybe like a bit longer than 40 minutes in all and I'm hooked, it also is one of the only games on the 3DS i have used the 3D effect for because it helps with the sense of knowing how high you are and how low you are for the puzzles and navigating around the dungeon.

oh man I can't wait to play it more tomorrow.

Still early days and I'm at the Thieves Hideout, It just keeps on getting more fun by the day! It's a change from constantly breeding on Pokemon Y.

Don't think I'll play anything else till I finish this :)

should I buy this game? Vague yes, but I've never finished a 2D LOZ game. I got close with Spirit Tracks; however.

I like The Legend of Zelda : A Link Between World. Especially with the fact that it delves into the A Link to the Past nostalgy quite a fair bit.

But I think I still like The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker HD better on my Wii U.

I have a question about Skyward Sword. I'm just into the game and it needs me to do a skyward strike, but for some reason the game will NOT register that I'm holding up the wiimote. Link is just continually hitting his shield with his sword. Also, the view keeps changing from regular to first person and back and I can't control it! I'm so frustrated and can't find any answers anywhere. Can anyone help me?

Back