• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is this laptop suitable for gaming?

depends on wat ur playing..

it has 4gb ram, a pretty lower end processor, and integrated graphics card, i wouldnt count on it running intensive games very well, unless ur fine with them looking like crap and being slow

it should run them, but they wont look very pretty. then again its minecraft.

Hmm, ok. The trouble is that I wanted a laptop for mainly gaming but I was bought this. I can't really ask for a new one or anything like that. :/

It'll run low end games on OK graphics. Don't expect to play battlefield 4 on ultra or anything.

Laptops always useless for gaming, they are sensetive and they become hot extreamly fast. But if you play like a hour that should be fine. Me who plays a couple hours wouldnt be so great.

Laptops aren't really the best things for gaming, but it also depends on which one you've got. The one you have should run minecraft no problem, but be careful if you're going to load it with mods and stuff.

Laptops always useless for gaming, they are sensetive and they become hot extreamly fast. But if you play like a hour that should be fine. Me who plays a couple hours wouldnt be so great.

Alienware, although pricey, run well. Just depends on how much $$$ you want to drop on a laptop.

You may find that it heats up a lot. Minecraft is notoriously badly optimized. Plus it's written in Java, which is a toy language created for lazy and stupid people like me to use.

But yeah, you can definitely play TF2 and Minecraft without any hiccuping, just not on the highest settings.

Hmm, ok. The trouble is that I wanted a laptop for mainly gaming but I was bought this. I can't really ask for a new one or anything like that. :/

i mean based on the price of that laptop, im assuming u dont have much of a budget. that combined with the fact that u want a laptop means that its basically impossible to get one for gaming

It can play very basic games and stop decent games on lowest settings. 8GB ram and up is best with 4GB being somewhat good. Intel Celeron is a budget level processor. Dual core is somewhat OK by todays PCs can exceed quad core.
Aim for i3 core at least. 2.6GHz clock speed is good so can play a few games. For the price I think its a good deal. It comes with fast loading Windows 8 so you get logged on in a flash.

Most of the people in this thread don't really know what they're talking about. There are some laptops that work great for gaming. I have a homebuilt PC which is incredibly high end and I also have my Lenovo Y40, which is 8GB DDR3, dedicated graphics card, i7 processor, and running Windows 8.1. I can run most games fine with graphics on high or sometimes on medium. If you are to get a laptop, go for ASUS or Lenovo. Nothing else.

Source: Recommended by many different Computer Science graduates, and am a computer science student myself.

Most of the people in this thread don't really know what they're talking about. There are some laptops that work great for gaming. I have a homebuilt PC which is incredibly high end and I also have my Lenovo Y40, which is 8GB DDR3, dedicated graphics card, i7 processor, and running Windows 8.1. I can run most games fine with graphics on high or sometimes on medium. If you are to get a laptop, go for ASUS or Lenovo. Nothing else.

Source: Recommended by many different Computer Science graduates, and am a computer science student myself.

op linked to a laptop that costs like 350 dollars

I own that laptop and I play TF2 and it runs fine actually. Just be careful it doesn't overheat. You can buy those special pads though for that if it does. I can't really play some really intense games though without it looking ****ty, but usually they are available on console too so it doesn't bother me. :p I couldn't really afford to get a PC so...

It depends on what kind of games you wanna play. Unfortunately Intel HD Graphics are not very good for gaming. Really bad actually. The ram is mediocre at best esp. with windows 8.1. The processor is okay though. If you are looking to play games like minecraft on your computer with that graphics card, expect to play on the lowest settings. It will run yes, but it will prolly make the rest of your computer slow. Minecraft is CPU intensive.

Basically, if you are looking for a gaming computer, don't buy something with intel graphics

Last edited:
If you play for too long or the games you play require more, your fan will be destroyed. If you need a gaming laptop, you can pay a ton of money for Alienware or build your own.

You don't need to buy Alienware to have a decent gaming computer. My laptop was $400 and has better specs than a $1,000 alienware laptop. Its just the name.

Back