• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there anyone who still plays new leaf?

I do! I don't have New Horizons so I'm sticking with New Leaf. Which is fine because I don't feel like I explored everything there is to explore in the first place

I've been taking a break from New Leaf, I haven't really been feeling like playing it lately, it's been over a month since I've last played it. I'll play it again sometime but for now, I don't think I'll play anytime soon.

Hey there, KnoxUK! How are you doing? :unsure: It has been a couple of months since we heard of you last.
Is everything alright in your current town after surviving the NH trials? I hope you didn't starve to death from lacking nourishment for so long! Did you even have a blanket to cover yourself at night? I know it's summer, but still...

i haven't played it in a while tbh but i know when i feel like going back to it i won't put it down for months lol

I'm thinking about starting a new New Leaf town when I feel done with New Horizons, which will probably be soon, barring a very large surprise update. I just keep missing New Leaf. It's a practically perfect Animal Crossing game, and New Horizons... isn't. There are so many things that I miss in New Leaf that New Horizons just doesn't have. But I don't want to be playing both at the same time, so I won't go back to New Leaf for a little while, at least. But I definitely will one of these days.

I boot up NL when I feel like playing Desert Island Escape...but the last time I did that I also ran around my town and cleaned it up.

One thing I definitely DO NOT miss is the bamboo spreading like wildfire.

I've been playing everyday for about the last month, I'm enjoying it a lot more than NH believe it or not lol.

This thread is reminding me how great of a game New Leaf actually was. If only it had small features added like villagers asking you permission before moving and the ability to place furniture outside, it would be perfect. I think New Horizons took a huge step back from its predecessor. I no longer own New Leaf, but it was easily one of the better Animal Crossing games. For a 3DS game, New Leaf actually had decent graphics. You can only expect so much in the graphics department on a portable handheld.

i still play and am trying to finish the museum. doesnt help that redd always brings paintings and statues ive had for years now. i just need a galllant statue, a calm painting and a basic painting. genuine ones never come around. ive been playing since 2014 or 2015

I personally never liked New Leaf and therefore haven’t played it in years. My family and I never really understood why so many people liked it. I still have the game though. Maybe one day it will get another chance.

I still play New Leaf. I feel like I can never leave it since it was my first video game ever. It's the game that got me into gaming. So I still play it and still enjoy playing it 7 years later. It would feel wrong to me to stop playing it because I have so many memories tied to that game. I even got 2 copies of the game because I love it that much haha.

I just bought New Leaf a few weeks ago (after buying a New 3DS XL out of nostalgia), and I've loved it so far. It is the second Animal Crossing game I've played, the first being City Folk- which I bought in 2021. It is a huge upgrade from City Folk, and it's nice to have so many new features and also portability. I don't imagine I will ever upgrade to New Horizons though, it doesn't seem like my style of game. Except for the nice QOL changes (placing items outside), I don't care for any of the added features. I much prefer the New Leaf ambience, vibe, music, and traditional AC gameplay. New Leaf isn't a perfect game by any means, I definitely would love more. But it is probably my favorite out of all of the current options. I've made it a part of my daily routine to just hop on for 25 minutes or so in the morning and evening. Loving it.

i still play! ive been playing since 2017 but stopped in 2020 when new horizons came out but eventually went back to new leaf when i realised there’s way more to do

I don't want to buy a Switch due to joy-con drift so naturally I don't have NH. I just made a new town in NL after not touching it for years and I'm so excited to play again!

not currently, no, but i’ve seriously been considering picking a copy of it up again. i sold my copies of it back in 2017-18 (which i deeply regret) and would love to get back into it. i still love new horizons, but i miss new leaf so much.

I've been playing Animal Crossing since the GameCube days, but New Leaf will always be my favorite game. I went back to it after I tried New Horizons for a couple months and decided it was a bust.

Back