Is there anyone who still plays new leaf?

I do! I don't have New Horizons so I'm sticking with New Leaf. Which is fine because I don't feel like I explored everything there is to explore in the first place

I've been taking a break from New Leaf, I haven't really been feeling like playing it lately, it's been over a month since I've last played it. I'll play it again sometime but for now, I don't think I'll play anytime soon.

Hey there, KnoxUK! How are you doing? :unsure: It has been a couple of months since we heard of you last.
Is everything alright in your current town after surviving the NH trials? I hope you didn't starve to death from lacking nourishment for so long! Did you even have a blanket to cover yourself at night? I know it's summer, but still...

i haven't played it in a while tbh but i know when i feel like going back to it i won't put it down for months lol

I'm thinking about starting a new New Leaf town when I feel done with New Horizons, which will probably be soon, barring a very large surprise update. I just keep missing New Leaf. It's a practically perfect Animal Crossing game, and New Horizons... isn't. There are so many things that I miss in New Leaf that New Horizons just doesn't have. But I don't want to be playing both at the same time, so I won't go back to New Leaf for a little while, at least. But I definitely will one of these days.

I boot up NL when I feel like playing Desert Island Escape...but the last time I did that I also ran around my town and cleaned it up.

One thing I definitely DO NOT miss is the bamboo spreading like wildfire.

I've been playing everyday for about the last month, I'm enjoying it a lot more than NH believe it or not lol.

This thread is reminding me how great of a game New Leaf actually was. If only it had small features added like villagers asking you permission before moving and the ability to place furniture outside, it would be perfect. I think New Horizons took a huge step back from its predecessor. I no longer own New Leaf, but it was easily one of the better Animal Crossing games. For a 3DS game, New Leaf actually had decent graphics. You can only expect so much in the graphics department on a portable handheld.

i still play and am trying to finish the museum. doesnt help that redd always brings paintings and statues ive had for years now. i just need a galllant statue, a calm painting and a basic painting. genuine ones never come around. ive been playing since 2014 or 2015

I personally never liked New Leaf and therefore haven’t played it in years. My family and I never really understood why so many people liked it. I still have the game though. Maybe one day it will get another chance.

I still play New Leaf. I feel like I can never leave it since it was my first video game ever. It's the game that got me into gaming. So I still play it and still enjoy playing it 7 years later. It would feel wrong to me to stop playing it because I have so many memories tied to that game. I even got 2 copies of the game because I love it that much haha.

I just bought New Leaf a few weeks ago (after buying a New 3DS XL out of nostalgia), and I've loved it so far. It is the second Animal Crossing game I've played, the first being City Folk- which I bought in 2021. It is a huge upgrade from City Folk, and it's nice to have so many new features and also portability. I don't imagine I will ever upgrade to New Horizons though, it doesn't seem like my style of game. Except for the nice QOL changes (placing items outside), I don't care for any of the added features. I much prefer the New Leaf ambience, vibe, music, and traditional AC gameplay. New Leaf isn't a perfect game by any means, I definitely would love more. But it is probably my favorite out of all of the current options. I've made it a part of my daily routine to just hop on for 25 minutes or so in the morning and evening. Loving it.

i still play! ive been playing since 2017 but stopped in 2020 when new horizons came out but eventually went back to new leaf when i realised there’s way more to do

I don't want to buy a Switch due to joy-con drift so naturally I don't have NH. I just made a new town in NL after not touching it for years and I'm so excited to play again!

not currently, no, but i’ve seriously been considering picking a copy of it up again. i sold my copies of it back in 2017-18 (which i deeply regret) and would love to get back into it. i still love new horizons, but i miss new leaf so much.

I've been playing Animal Crossing since the GameCube days, but New Leaf will always be my favorite game. I went back to it after I tried New Horizons for a couple months and decided it was a bust.

Back