• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there anyone who still plays new leaf?

KnoxUK

Bells
New Horizons Token
Isabelle
I might dig out my new leaf and start playing that again. I don't know about you guys but I just don't gel with new horizon's as much as I would like. I was wondering if there are still any new leaf veterans/players here?

Yes, I do still play, and a few others too. But it will never be again what it once was, keep that in mind.
NH is the trend with the people now.
Anyway, let me know if you need anything and I'll try to help :)

I think I must of joined the forum quite late because the community seem really matured and awesome. I can imagine it being mad originally. But as soon as new horizon's hit. Oh my. No one being able to trade because of super high nook miles inflation. Warzones on whether time traveling is cheating. People causing riots over not having any holiday/seasonal content in later months. Fun times :)

There were many reasons why I didn't jump in the NH freight train as well (first one, I had no money to buy a switch, ha ha ha! :ROFLMAO:) But even if I had, I still wouldn't have bought the game. With all due respect to those who enjoy, good for you, but watching gameplays and such there were more things I disliked than those I actually liked. So, loving NL up to this day, but NH definitely wasn't for me.

Your report is truly frightening as well, my friend! :eek: How did you even make it alive?!

I keep trying to get back into it but after all the amazing things new horizons brought to the table I just can't seem to do it.

From the tiny bags, bells and fruits not stacking automatically, and trying to put down your own paths, it's just really not happening for me.
Oh and the poor character customisation too.

I'm tempted to restart my town again though.
I saw on here what my old town was called and its made me miss it. Its long gone now though lol.

Maybe tomorrow I'll give it another shot

I know there is a great game in there as I used to sink so much time into it.
Just got to learn to live with the lack of qol features

There were many reasons why I didn't jump in the NH freight train as well (first one, I had no money to buy a switch, ha ha ha! :ROFLMAO:) But even if I had, I still wouldn't have bought the game. With all due respect to those who enjoy, good for you, but watching gameplays and such there were more things I disliked than those I actually liked. So, loving NL up to this day, but NH definitely wasn't for me.

Your report is truly frightening as well, my friend! :eek: How did you even make it alive?!

Personally I would not recommend a switch, not until they fix the joycon drift. I had to resort to 3rd party joy cons and they're making ware on my switch.

Halloween on new horizon's completely ruined it for me. They don't punish you at all for not having any candy in fact they give you their candy. Plus when they run up to you they patiently wait for you to talk to them. I remember on new leaf running away from them all or staying in for the night in case I have my belongings stolen.

I fled the new horizon prison camps and made it through the border wall into New leaf territory, where I've met lovely minded people like yourself :)

Now now, you flatterer! :giggle:
You must be hungry after escaping from that horrible place! Let me know if you want some perfect fruit basket (or specific food dish) :ROFLMAO:

I do! A good thing about new leaf is that you can design your town however you like. And if you need any pink or purple or black roses, let me know! (I have way too many)

Since New Horizons got released, I checked once back to my town and a villager moved away, another one moved in and destroyed a lot of flowers.. that was the last time I checked in, it was too tilting. 🙄

Now now, you flatterer! :giggle:
You must be hungry after escaping from that horrible place! Let me know if you want some perfect fruit basket (or specific food dish) :ROFLMAO:

It'd be rude for me not to take you up on your offer. I'd love to eat one of your perfect peaches :)

Fruit is healthy, you're likely running low on vitamins, you poor thing! :cry:
Whenever you're available, tell me your friend code and I'll deliver you some food until you can fend for yourself again. Mine is in the signature; I'm also free now if you want.

I do! A good thing about new leaf is that you can design your town however you like. And if you need any pink or purple or black roses, let me know! (I have way too many)

I might have to take you up on that offer. I haven't touched my town in a few years so I don't know if the flowers are still there. I'll trade you some cool Japanese exclusive items in return.
Post automatically merged:

I still play NL. I like NH and all, but NL just feels...like AC lol
I just restarted my town and my island, so I'm playing both simultaneously. I don't hack either so my town is pretty bland...

You get it! NH is weird in that everyone is your buddy and doesn't want to upset you in any way. I don't think I have the guts or money to make a new town or get a spare new leaf cartridge. I have had my town since release date. 2013.

Fruit is healthy, you're likely running low on vitamins, you poor thing! :cry:
Whenever you're available, tell me your friend code and I'll deliver you some food until you can fend for yourself again. Mine is in the signature; I'm also free now if you want.

I was hoping you could provide a roof over my head and warm open arms . It's been rough escaping from new horizon gulag. Currently I'm trying to forage through old containers trying to find my 3DS charger and some rations. I do not know if I will be able to play with you tonight.

Last edited:
I still have a lot I want to complete and do with the new game. So, I don't play NL often comparatively. I do check in though and plan to still open it up on New Year's eve since that's my favorite time in the game. I do miss main street at times. It was a nice feel having a legit shopping district separated from your main town area.

Do not despair, you bright unfortunate soul! :oops: Save your strenght to get through the night. I log in here almost every day, from midday to midnight most days (GMT +1). If you meet me again tomorrow or any other day, the offer will still stand... since you know, this amazingly magical fruits don't ever spoil...

I might have to take you up on that offer. I haven't touched my town in a few years so I don't know if the flowers are still there. I'll trade you some cool Japanese exclusive items in return.

You get it! NH is weird in that everyone is your buddy and doesn't want to upset you in any way. I don't think I have the guts or money to make a new town or get a spare new leaf cartridge. I have had my town since release date. 2013.

I was hoping you could provide a roof over my head and warm open arms . It's been rough escaping from new horizon gulag. Currently I'm trying to forage through old containers trying to find my 3DS charger and some rations. I do not know if I will be able to play with you tonight.

Yeah, they're too nice and booooring! I got NL in 2017 and it already feels nostalgic for me.

If I was to play again, would anyone have some bells to spare?
I think I would be able to get into it more after new horizons if I was able to make my mark on the town quicker.

If not that's cool too!

I just started playing New Leaf for the first time a couple weeks ago. I've really enjoyed New Horizons, but I kind of ran out of things to do, so I thought it would be fun to go back and check out New Leaf. I'm enjoying it so far!

I'm new to Animal Crossing, and New Leaf is the first I played from the series (even though New Horizons is what caught my interest in the game series). Started playing on May 3, and still playing now. Definitely hooked to it.

I made my niece obsessed with Animal Crossing, and she liked exploring New Leaf on my old 3DS. She got to make her own town and all. To me, it now feels a lot like wild world if I'm being honest, like the graphics are just on the same "old" level in my eyes and I got "house placement resetting" flashbacks.

I also noticed that I never actually played the game after the amiibo update. And it's pretty great? Adds new life to the game, but I wish New Leaf was the kind of game where you had nothing to do and New Horizon the one where you can unlock so many buildings and characters... Is it better? Probably, but I just prefer the graphics and size of NH honestly. I do miss it though, the music is the best. Also furniture sets. Can we please make New Horizon good? Pretty please...

Back