• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there anyone who still plays new leaf?

I'm so tired of the game community always saying "graphics this" and "graphics that"... :rolleyes: I play games to have fun and be entertained, not to look for hours at the pretty colours. Won't deny that NH is visually amazing, but all the rest? Nay. It's a game full of random glitches and missing a ton of things that were in the previous games.
For as much as I care about them, the original Game Boy had fantastic graphics too...

I'm so tired of the game community always saying "graphics this" and "graphics that"... :rolleyes: I play games to have fun and be entertained, not to look for hours at the pretty colours. Won't deny that NH is visually amazing, but all the rest? Nay. It's a game full of random glitches and missing a ton of things that were in the previous games.
For as much as I care about them, the original Game Boy had fantastic graphics too...
Yeah, to me graphics don't matter. What matters is what you can do in the game

I play New Leaf almost every day, I don't have a Switch so I'm not able to play New Horizons but I'd say I'm still pretty invested into NL. Sometimes I take breaks from the game but I still play a lot

I had a very big break from New Leaf for a few years but after almost a year of owning New Horizons and playing that constantly for many months I decided to go back to NL and give it another try about 2 months ago and since then I've played it almost everyday, often a lot more then I play NH nowadays which I'm awaiting the future updates on.

It is slightly odd returning to it after NH and having less control on certain design aspects like placing items outside or choosing where villager homes are built but the game has a lot of character and is still really enjoyable to play.

Me! I'm finishing my town but sometimes feel just out of inspiration.

Like now...

I play NL, WW, ACGC and CF everyday, but i can't bring myself to play NH again.

There is only so much decorating a person can do before they go crazy and personally i like the series for it's characters, not simply for placing furniture (if i did, i would rather play the Sims, which has far more options).

The villagers and special characters are the reason why i come back to the older games everyday.

I've finally officially quit New Horizons after having taken a few days off here and a few days off there, as well as going longer stretches without playing - I figured since I was only logging in to check if someone wanted to move, so that I could maybe replace them with another villager who aesthetically looks nicer, I wasn't really playing the game. I wanted to, I really did, but I barely even thought of it as a game. It's more like a sandbox for creating an island, which is fine on its own but not what I want out of an AC game. I never really gave New Leaf the time to grow on me properly. I played it for a few months after it came out and really enjoyed it - not sure why I stopped playing back then - but there was so, so much I never got to do in that game that restarting it now feels like an almost totally new experience. And having the benefit of all the information about it on the Internet makes it a real project to get into, and one I feel like can last a lot longer than NH. So, I've only just properly started New Leaf, but I guess I'm in the club :)

i just recently reset my old new leaf town of a couple years. i still played it (used to be everyday but that became more like every week to every other week with school) but i was ready for something new for the summer. i play new leaf every day currently :]

its not that i think new leaf is the better game vs nh per se, but it just has a gameplay split that i prefer more - life sim is the bulk of the game and thats just what i personally have fun with.

Thank God i just get New Horizons today, still... I'm going to finish my town in New Leaf.

Yes, I do still play, and a few others too. But it will never be again what it once was, keep that in mind.
NH is the trend with the people now.
Anyway, let me know if you need anything and I'll try to help :)
Hey!! I absolutely LOVE your Rin Sohma pfp!! I’d love to play NL or NH with you sometime as a fellow fb fan hehe 💕💕💕
Post automatically merged:

I might dig out my new leaf and start playing that again. I don't know about you guys but I just don't gel with new horizon's as much as I would like. I was wondering if there are still any new leaf veterans/players here?
New horizons doesn’t scratch the itch NL did for me when it came out !! I’d love to play sometime just message me here!! ✨💓💕
Post automatically merged:

I play NL, WW, ACGC and CF everyday, but i can't bring myself to play NH again.

There is only so much decorating a person can do before they go crazy and personally i like the series for it's characters, not simply for placing furniture (if i did, i would rather play the Sims, which has far more options).

The villagers and special characters are the reason why i come back to the older games everyday.
100% agree I wish we still had online for WW the character interaction was always my favourite,,

I tried getting into NH and I played it for about the first year that it was released, but I gave up on it months ago and recently started playing NL again. I've been playing it on and off for years now and I just can't see myself playing any other animal crossing game ^^

I still occasionally play it! My old cartridge got damaged so I had to restart, and it kind of ruined the fun for me :") I'll check in on my villagers every now and again, but that's really the height of it. New Horizons is a little bit more relaxing for me, New Leaf is only for the nostalgia tbh.

I play New Leaf the most out of my animal crossing games followed by Wild World. I do own and have played New Horizons, but the design elements were never the appeal of the series for me so it is a seriously lacking experience for me. I have become less and less optimistic about ACNH and have instead replaced it with NL, WW and Stardew Valley. So yeah, I understand not being the biggest fan of NH. I love being able to hang out with all of the NPCs and work towards unlocking things in New Leaf. There is just so much to discover! It also (in my opinion) holds the best multiplayer function with Tortimers island available.

I still play New Leaf every now and then! Mostly to see how my villagers are doing and reminisce about my old town. Mostly a New Horizons player these days though!

Yea i still play it!!! ive went back to it after some years cuz i missed it and if there's anyone whos still playing it who wants to visit each others towns add my fc!! its 4528 3576 2983

As of now, I’ve been taking an indefinite hiatus but I’ll probably pick it back up one of these days. :)

I like New Horizons, and thought I'd abandon New Leaf after its release. But NH it's missing a ton of key elements that make an Animal Crossing game feel whole, and sorely needs a huge update. So time and again, I would come back to New Leaf to play what really felt like Animal Crossing. I thought I would drop New Leaf after New Horizons was released but that didn't happen and I play both of them now.

Yeah, but it's quite boring now:confused: I have finished my town and everything so I don't really have anything to play for. New horizons doesn't just hit the same way. Maybe it's because of how hard it is to pay off loan and the fact that I don't have the online for now.

Back