White Rose
Leif
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rebel Gnome
Red Lily
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Dino Plush
Vesta
This thread is for questions about ways to improve rooms that we post in here. The last thread I tried having about interior design, everyone thought I needed help with what I posted in the first post and didn't pay attention to what I posted in my new post. ><.

And like that one, anyone can ask for help in this thread ^.^; it's not just about helping me.

Here's the room I'm trying to finish right now:

MlWA77z9fKUsKJgv08.jpgMlWA77z9hq8zcbvd4K.jpg

Since I loosely based this room on a room in Skyhold in Dragon Age: Inquisition, the Classic Table near the Minimalist Sofa would be a space up from where it is now. The other Classic Table is just temporary; I want to put at least two more pictures in my room (so have four pictures in this room total). I was debating between another Rococo Dresser or Table, or a Classic buffet, but none of them looked really good in the spot that I was thinking of putting them. I don't think they'd look good next to the Fireplace either. [I'm not sure if I'm keeping the Mannequin in the room or not.] I'm not really satisfied with the Phonograph being on the Wooden Box either. In any case, I think there's something lacking in this room.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Personally I like things being symmetrical but that's just me. Your room's pretty nice though. Maybe try switching out the phonograph with a record player?

What do you mean by symmetrical? Thank you ^^. Hmmm.... I might; first, I must solve this dilemma of finding something to put two pictures on that doesn't look as bad as the furniture that I mentioned did, next to the box or figuring out how to make it look better. I picked the phonograph because I think the phonograph was invented before the record player (though neither were invented in the Middle Ages :p) and I wanted to go with whichever was the earliest invention ~ which I did with other furniture that I wanted to somehow substitute what was historically used during the time period.

I'll take more screenshots later, if you want to see how it looked when I tried using the buffet or the dresser.

Here is what my room looks like using the Classic Buffet:

MlWA770NoGIzR6rZe2.jpg

Here is what it looks like using the Rococo Table:

MlWA770NqhQz4JHcad.jpg

And here is what it looks like using the Rococo Dresser:

MlWA770Ns60APspJn5.jpg

Anyone have any opinions or alternative suggestions to what I'm doing already in the room, to make it look better?

What about adding some plants? Also, have you tried the classic dresser with your photos? That has simpler lines, so maybe you'd like it better. I like it refinished to chocolate brown. You could also turn it around so it looks more like a table. I like to put a sofa facing the fireplace, but that may not suit what you're going for. I do think the center of the room needs something. That's something I struggle with.

Yeah, I thought something was lacking... The center does look rather empty. Last night I did put the classic table at the foot of the bed facing the fireplace to see how it'd look, but with the pictures on it, it kinda looked funny; plus, the color being right next to a different color brown of the rococo furniture made the difference more noticeable than it is when they're away from each other. The Classic dresser is the vanity, correct? I do have the hibiscus, but I'm guessing you mean a larger house plant? You know the reason I didn't put any in this room is because I hate those little tiny flies that are in my house because there are plants and fruit in here; one, I hate bugs and two, they drive me crazy flying in front of my computer or 3DS screen or TV. I'll consider reconsidering the idea of putting another plant in my room.

Yeah, I thought something was lacking... The center does look rather empty. Last night I did put the classic table at the foot of the bed facing the fireplace to see how it'd look, but with the pictures on it, it kinda looked funny; plus, the color being right next to a different color brown of the rococo furniture made the difference more noticeable than it is when they're away from each other. The Classic dresser is the vanity, correct? I do have the hibiscus, but I'm guessing you mean a larger house plant? You know the reason I didn't put any in this room is because I hate those little tiny flies that are in my house because there are plants and fruit in here; one, I hate bugs and two, they drive me crazy flying in front of my computer or 3DS screen or TV. I'll consider reconsidering the idea of putting another plant in my room.

Sorry. I meant the classic bookcase. And I can 100% guarantee that plants in your NL house will not bring bugs into your house, NL or real. :)

Yeah I know. lol. I was just saying that my mentality towards plants in the house irl kind of influenced my choices in designing my rooms since I'm trying to put some of my personal preferences/interests in the room. Oh nice suggestion! I didn't think of that before.

How about either the rococo clock or switch out the rococo chair for the stool you have by the table/bookcase? Would the red or blue vase be the right time? It would add a nice color. I like the room right now, it just feels like it is so close to being done, just needs a few touches here and there.

How about either the rococo clock or switch out the rococo chair for the stool you have by the table/bookcase? Would the red or blue vase be the right time? It would add a nice color. I like the room right now, it just feels like it is so close to being done, just needs a few touches here and there.

About the vase suggestion ~ do you mean color theme? I was considering using the rococo chair at one point but i don't like the fact that I won't be able to sit in it if the chair is pushed up against the desk; and if it's pushed away from the desk, it doesn't look good that way either. The chair that's in the room in Dragon Age: Inquisition looks like this:

Untitled00.jpg

Well, that chair position is impossible to achieve in ACNL. Maybe you could get the gorgeous chair or whatever it is called?

Personally, I like the room with the rococo table or the bookcase better (maybe because that kind of looks like the stuff I have in my ACNL house). I'd get rid of the villager pictures with the green frame because they clash with the rest of the room. It looks like you're going for a sort of "lived in" look but I'd stick to the ones with the wood/white frames.

There's probably more that I could think of so I'll try to remember to come back later. It's difficult to give you an opinion without knowing what the room you're trying to replicate looks like.

Last edited:
I never actually put the frames of the pictures in mind; very interesting to point them out ~ and thank you. :D I'll make sure to keep that in mind. :]

I'll post screenshots of the room from someone's walkthrough of the game later. (unfortunately, I don't have DAI on the PC to take my own ><).

I like the room with the rococo dresser, but the darker wood of the classic table, and the green of those picture frames do stand out as they don't match anything else in the room. Perhaps you could replace the classic table with the rococo clock, and the phonograph with the hibiscus. Also, change the stool for a rococo chair and you could always just turn it sideways since the chair in the game is somewhat angled away from the desk.

Also, maybe move the mannequin to the foot of the bed and place a turntable where the mannequin is now. A turntable would still give you an old fashioned feel and look better than the phonograph I think. And, place a Biwa Lute at the foot of the bed as well. I think there was a lute or some other instrument near the desk in Skyhold.

Last edited:
I like the room with the rococo dresser, but the darker wood of the classic table, and the green of those picture frames do stand out as they don't match anything else in the room. Perhaps you could replace the classic table with the rococo clock, and the phonograph with the hibiscus. Also, change the stool for a rococo chair and you could always just turn it sideways since the chair in the game is somewhat angled away from the desk.

Also, maybe move the mannequin to the foot of the bed and place a turntable where the mannequin is now. A turntable would still give you an old fashioned feel and look better than the phonograph I think. And, place a Biwa Lute at the foot of the bed as well. I think there was a lute or some other instrument near the desk in Skyhold.

I might actually keep the music player out. Instead, maybe take out the dresser, since the only reason I wanted it in the first place was to display the villager pictures; if the color doesn't clash, maybe a harpsichord would look nice there (I'm happy to know that it was invented sometime during the middle ages and the early version of the piano, which is shaped just like the harpsichord/grand piano; I looked that up last night :p). I did use to play the piano so adding a little more of my personal taste into a game inspired bedroom would be okay, perhaps. :]

WVW69iWkT9kg4aO0Hy.jpg

WVW69iWkU4EtDguXv5.jpg

Here are some screenshots from someone's walkthrough of the room (the same one that the screenshot I posted a few posts ago was from):

inquisitorsquarters1.jpg

inquisitorsquarters2.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback so far. I was iffy about the classic furniture and I didn't think about the color of the picture frames, though in other rooms, the picture is important regardless of how their frame looks since I'm using some of them because of their quotes matching the theme of my room. I wanted Kiki and Rosie in this room because they're two of my favorites (plus, I like their quotes ^_^).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops. I forgot to buy the rococo clock.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah. Forgot to switch out the chair too.

Back