Interior Design Help ~ #2

I might actually keep the music player out. Instead, maybe take out the dresser, since the only reason I wanted it in the first place was to display the villager pictures; if the color doesn't clash, maybe a harpsichord would look nice there (I'm happy to know that it was invented sometime during the middle ages and the early version of the piano, which is shaped just like the harpsichord/grand piano; I looked that up last night :p). I did use to play the piano so adding a little more of my personal taste into a game inspired bedroom would be okay, perhaps. :]

Oh, I think a harpsichord would look very nice in the room, maybe with a minimalist ottoman as seating in front of it. You don't always have to follow your game inspiration exactly, I know my Fallout: New Vegas town ended up with a lot of little changes and personal touches from it's game inspired locations.

That sofa looks off to me. I'd probably swap it for something different, like the alpine sofa or the ranch couch (refurbished to be white). Otherwise, its design looks too modern and from game pictures it looks like it's supposed to have a wooden frame.

If you find things that don't match the game but look nice in the room, unless you really want a replica that is as exact as possible, there's nothing wrong with putting them there and adding your own touch.

Since you say that the green villager pictures fit the room because of the quotes, you should keep them, especially if the green not matching doesn't bother you. You could try to add more green to the room so that they'll match something in it, like placing more plants.

Oh, I think a harpsichord would look very nice in the room, maybe with a minimalist ottoman as seating in front of it. You don't always have to follow your game inspiration exactly, I know my Fallout: New Vegas town ended up with a lot of little changes and personal touches from it's game inspired locations.

Yeah, I know; I'm a perfectionist at heart and when there's something that inspires me, I try to put everything into making it look good. I actually ended up incorporating some ideas from a couple of games: World of Warcraft ~ Darnassus/Dolanaar Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood; I know that's not very consistent of me, but on a plus side ~ they all have medieval settings/themes (I made another of my character's house more forest-y and Elvish).

With that having been said, since I knew basing my rooms off of something else rather than creating it all from my own imagination limited the amount of creativity I could show, I hoped to still be able to add some of my own personal preferences to it without it looking completely out of place. The one that might be completely out of place though is my 7-11 convenience store/souvenir shop in my museum ><.

Here is what my room looks like after making all of the changes:

WVW69iWlEbQuzwW3u1.jpg

WVW69iWlF6UFIeZ6kR.jpg

That sofa looks off to me. I'd probably swap it for something different, like the alpine sofa or the ranch couch (refurbished to be white). Otherwise, its design looks too modern and from game pictures it looks like it's supposed to have a wooden frame.

If you find things that don't match the game but look nice in the room, unless you really want a replica that is as exact as possible, there's nothing wrong with putting them there and adding your own touch.

Since you say that the green villager pictures fit the room because of the quotes, you should keep them, especially if the green not matching doesn't bother you. You could try to add more green to the room so that they'll match something in it, like placing more plants.

About the pictures; I actually was talking about the pictures I used in a couple other rooms. Rosie and Kiki's pictures, I was just using them for the character since they're two of of my favorites along with Puddles and Punchy and since this room is my room, I wanted to have a bunch of my favorites in there.

Yeah, I realize the couch is too modern, but there's not enough customization options for the other couches :/. Is there no way to refurbish the ranch couch's cushion to white also?

I use the same couch for another room too; in the game it looks like: http://s678.photobucket.com/user/gm...ion2014-11-2517-07-04-77_zps48abd72c.jpg.html.

Yeah, I know; I'm a perfectionist at heart and when there's something that inspires me, I try to put everything into making it look good. I actually ended up incorporating some ideas from a couple of games: World of Warcraft ~ Darnassus/Dolanaar Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood; I know that's not very consistent of me, but on a plus side ~ they all have medieval settings/themes (I made another of my character's house more forest-y and Elvish).

With that having been said, since I knew basing my rooms off of something else rather than creating it all from my own imagination limited the amount of creativity I could show, I hoped to still be able to add some of my own personal preferences to it without it looking completely out of place. The one that might be completely out of place though is my 7-11 convenience store/souvenir shop in my museum ><.

Here is what my room looks like after making all of the changes:

View attachment 146106

View attachment 146107

That looks better, except maybe turn the rococo chair around so it faces the bookcases. My only other suggestions would be maybe the try the basement wall with a cabin rug, or an arched window wallpaper and basement floor combination. Wood and stone work well together for a castle and either might match the feel of the room in Skyhold better. The arched window matches the light and airy feel of the room with arched windows all around and the basement floor would keep the feeling of a stone structure. While the cabin rug adds that feel of rugs, or at least a rug, being laid across the room while keeping the stone of the basement wall.

Last edited:
WVW69iWnDOELPazH4b.jpg

WVW69iWnJssc4ec2Qm.jpg

I think I like the room with the arched window and basement floor better than the basement wall with cabin rug, though I was surprised that the cabin rug did look good with everything. Thanks for the help. :]

Back