• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

In-Depth Time Travel and Events Questions

Rura

Bells
Let me preface this by saying I have pretty bad OCD. Among other things, it expresses itself by me needing to 100% all things including collecting everything in Animal Crossing.

My question is this

IF I time travel back to the release date of March 20 2020, will I be able to then play the game day by day and successfully participate in all the seasonal events.
And I mean ALL of them. From the Nook Shopping items to the seasons DIYs and yearly events including:
New years day
Big game celebration day
Setsubun
Groundhog day
Valentines day
Lunar new year
Soellal
Festivale
Hinamatsuri
Pi day
Shamrock day
April fools day
Bunny day
Prom
Singmogil
Earth day
May day
Mother's day
Fathers day
Museum day
Children's day
Wedding season
Winter solstice
Summer solstice
Tanabata
Cowboy
Cowhearder and weaver girl day
Fireworks shows and raffles on Sun in Aug
Grape harvest
Moon viewing
Halloween
Turkey day
Toy day
New years eve
Countdown

DIY series'
Bamboo
Cherry blossom
Summer shells
Trees Bounty
Maple leaf
Mushroom
Ice/frozen
Snowflake
Festive
Spooky

I would test all these myself but I have already restarted my island and I'm not sure if some events aren't happening due to them being "time locked" or my resident services not being up and running yet.
Even a simple yes or no on certain days would be greatly appreciated 😅
Thanks in advance and sorry for the big ask

Others, correct me if I’m wrong but I believe everything from March 2020 to Halloween 2020 is time locked meaning even if you go back to those dates, the events won’t commence. But you can do the ones for this year, however. I also noticed most seasonal items won’t show in the Nook Shopping app if you’re playing 2020 but will show if you’re playing 2021…

Others, correct me if I’m wrong but I believe everything from March 2020 to Halloween 2020 is time locked meaning even if you go back to those dates, the events won’t commence. But you can do the ones for this year, however. I also noticed most seasonal items won’t show in the Nook Shopping app if you’re playing 2020 but will show if you’re playing 2021…
Yes, most if not all, of the major holidays for 2020 are timelocked. I don’t think seasonal items at Nook’s are, but big holiday events, like Halloween 2020, can no longer be played.

Correct, though I believe atm you can travel back as far as Thanksgiving 2020 and do the event. Halloween 2020 is locked now. All the past 2021 events should be available still and Christmas and thanksgiving 2020 were last time I checked.

Sooooo this means that I can play all the 2021 events from Jan 1? Or are they synchronised with the current events. Like 2020 halloween - 2021 halloween
This means I can ir can't participate in 2020-2021 new years?

I also think besides May Day, the events offer everything from 2020 in 2021. So Rovers photo will be all I'm missing?
I did send his briefcase to a friend. If they send it back and I have it in my catalogue will I unlock the photo if I play may day 2021?

As of version 1.11, the accessible events start from Turkey Day 2020 until Halloween 2021 (although Halloween on Oct. 31 is currently time-locked).

If you'd rather wait and celebrate this year's Turkey Day and Toy Day instead, you might as well start from January 2021.

Regarding Rover, you will still get Rover's briefcase because you restarted and this is technically your first encounter with him. Having it in your possession/catalog has no effect.

All seasonal DIYs and Nook Shopping items can be obtained without worry.

My understanding is you can play an event until it's re-released (or, at least, the patch is out for rerelease). For instance, You can probably go back to Toy Day last year. But not Bunny Day 2020 (you'd have to do 2021 instead). And I don't think you can play Halloween at all, since it was included in the last patch, but not fully released yet (so you'd need to wait until it was fully released this weekend). I'm pretty sure catalog event items work similarly... though I actually think DIYs gotten from balloons and such are tied to seasons, not events, so they should still appear, regardless of year (unless they're holiday items, like Halloween ones- but someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

As of version 1.11, the accessible events start from Turkey Day 2020 until Halloween 2021 (although Halloween on Oct. 31 is currently time-locked).

If you'd rather wait and celebrate this year's Turkey Day and Toy Day instead, you might as well start from January 2021.

Regarding Rover, you will still get Rover's briefcase because you restarted and this is technically your first encounter with him. Having it in your possession/catalog has no effect.

All seasonal DIYs and Nook Shopping items can be obtained without worry.
What I meant is, if you already own Rovers briefcase when you do the may day event, you get his photo instead.
So people that have done both 2020 and 2021 events have an extra item.
Post automatically merged:

What I meant is, if you already own Rovers briefcase when you do the may day event, you get his photo instead.
Since a frind kept the briefcase for me and is sending it back when i restart my island, I'm wondering if I'll get his photo when I do the may day event.

Since a frind kept the briefcase for me and is sending it back when i restart my island, I'm wondering if I'll get his photo when I do the may day event.

As I've said, since you restarted, the game knows you haven't met Rover yet. Even if your friend gives you back the suitcase from your old island, you will still get another suitcase as long as it's your first May Day in the game regardless of the year.

As I've said, since you restarted, the game knows you haven't met Rover yet. Even if your friend gives you back the suitcase from your old island, you will still get another suitcase as long as it's your first May Day in the game regardless of the year.
Oooooh nooooo! 🙃

Now I will forever be one year behind May Day rewards 😭

Oooooh nooooo! 🙃

Now I will forever be one year behind May Day rewards 😭
Try doing the May Day event for this year and then travel to May Day event next year? I’m not sure if it’ll work that way tho…

Well iv done some time travel experimentation and it looks like the 2020 events, at least the ones after Halloween are still playable. I managed to get Turkey Day, Toy Day and the new years Countdown going for 2020. When I reset my island I might do it just into early January 2021. So I can play day by day and play all the events as they come.
The only thing I can see myself missing out on is Rovers photo and maybe a 2 year anniversary cake, if they do one.

Back