• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Getting Excited Again

DarkSlayer1331

Bells
Halloween is my favorite time of the year in real life, and I love autumn. So for me, September is the time that things start to amp up, and I get everything all cozy feeling with some harvest looking stuff. By the end of the month I have a pumpkin patch going. Then in October I'm crafting spooky stuff (I think of it as something more to do, so I sell/throw away my decorations after Halloween every year) and getting it out on my island. After the big day I bring out mushroom stuff (which I don't throw away because we only get so many mushrooms a day ya know) to replace the spooky vibes with them. Turkey Day comes along, and then it's getting ready for winter! I know a lot of people don't like winter in Animal Crossing but I actually love it. December I'll start putting some Toy Day things out, and as soon as snow is on the ground, out comes the frozen stuff! By then I'm really going with all the Toy Day decorations and they'll carry on through until the New Year.

And that's when things start to sort of slow down for me. Now after all of that going on, January doesn't really feel so bad, it's a nice little slower month. February comes around and I get to decorate for Valentine's Day, which is all cute and good enough. I'll take that down about a week after the day, and then the snow melts and everything looks brown and ugly. The frozen stuff all comes down too, and I sort of have this period of time where there's not really much in terms of decor. And spring and summer, to me, is such a bore.

So I haven't played regularly since March. I picked the game back up a few weeks ago, and tried time traveling to "catch up" to the current date. Rewound back to the last day I played and started forwarding day by day.... well I got pretty fed up with that too. Now I'm just going to skip all the summer months and start playing September because I do want to be playing again. It's my favorite time of the year! I just wish that I could keep my interest in the game through the other months too.

Yeah, the period from April to September is a bit bland, as not a lot of holidays are celebrated in-game during that time. I mean, there's the May Day tour, August fireworks, bug/fishing tourneys, and that's pretty much it. Those months I consider to be prime bug and fish catching seasons anyways, and the special events from Halloween to Bunny Day is decent filler for when good bugs and fish are in a lull.

It's sort of hard to revisit Animal Crossing randomly once you've done everything. There's usually things to do everyday, but they seem like maintenance chores after a while. Unless I decide to totally restart my island and not time travel, I'm definitely not playing daily anymore. I enjoy sharing my love for the series more these days than actually playing, so there's that!

I feel slightly the opposite to you. I have a hard time staying on the game from the end of Dec until the grass is actually green. And I am off and on during spring. But I'm going to work on that this year.
I do have to say I love the mush vibe of autumn in the game. I think it is fun looking for the mushies and seeing what you end up getting. And I love summer which is my fav in the game because of all the variety of bugs you see and get to catch.

I've done all the events before and I've grown numb to it. Yes I'm a day one player from 2020 but I'm glad for the people who enjoy the events.

Back