I'm a loner, are you?

are you a loner?

• Total voters
not necessarily. i have friends, but i prefer spending my free time alone. i find it more enjoyable than having to stay consistent on going out or responding to texts. nowadays, i honestly just ignore them and wont reply until the next day. its not that i dont like them, im just usually not in the mood to talk to people.

I can't even tell you the last time I hung out with someone aside from my family. I made some friends in school, but could never seem to keep them. I would get close to friends, but keep them at a distance. I guess it started when I was younger and was constantly invited over to friends houses every weekend. I'd want some weekends to myself, yet a friend always called. I started making excuses why I couldn't come over and I guess that stuck with me. I like time to myself and I should have just told them that instead of making excuses all the time.

well, while I love being alone a lot but I still miss being with a good company. I've been on the lonely side for almost my whole life now, I do have a few friends but we don't talk or go out together much. I've always had trouble making friends because of anxiety and the lack of social skills, people often avoid my company because I bore them to death. I'm not even into social media much because it makes me feel like I have a miserable life compared to others. you're not alone.

Last edited:
I've always been socially awkward since I started school. Before that I actually made friends a lot. Now I prefer to have time to myself and to be alone. However, I do have some really close friends even though we don't talk all the time. I'm also more drawn to online friends as I play a lot of video games: Overwatch, LoL, Steam, etc.

I don't think I am. I prefer being surrounded by people. Sometimes, I do need a break and have to be alone, but I get bored way too easily, I can't do that for a very long time.

Heeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh......hhhh....
I don't know why I typed that.
Anyway, I do have friends, but with one "friend" in particular, well, I realized how abusive they were, so yeah. My other friends are pretty nice, but I've started to distance myself now. But I'm not a loner. I'm not completely distanced. But I wish that abusive butthole would go the fudge away. I feel like I'm trapped right now :(

I have friends, and I enjoy being with those friends, if that's what you're implying. It is just that, I am not anyone's favorite friend. I'm like that friend you know and like but you have better ones.

i'm a total loner rn cuz i've finished school and all my friends that i used to see there are going off to college while i'm probably not

i also have no online friends that i talk to every day

even before i was friends with those people i was a complete loner that struggled (and i still struggle now) to make friends

Yeah but by choice. I regard myself as independent and autonomous. I don't need to rely on other people to do stuff for me. I don't like being close to people, being dragged by people from place to place when in a group, and being forced to fit in. I consider being a lone wolf an advantage.

I'm an introvert and stubbornly independent but I wouldn't say I'm a loner, I have a group of friends I'm extremely close to and I like meeting new people for the most part. I just need lots of me time and don't really like people helping me with anything.

I hope things get better for you, Koi-san! Sometimes a change of environment is what ends up being best.

Sorta

I do have friends however there never there for me. I do post stuff that bothers me and I do complain, a lot. So I technically am.

When I was young, I had a lot of friends. As years went by I started losing friends, stoped making friends, and fell into depression. It wasn't until 4th grade I got a friend again! However he betrayed me. During LATE 4th grade I made TONS of friends but they went on to other things. However I still had some friends and they were the best! Then in 5th grade I started making TONS of friends again. One friend in particular had ACNL so we played with each other on the playground. However he was just as bad as the other friend. He stole stuff from my town, destroyed my lunchbox, lied to me and other people, and made people stop being my friend since he was mad at me that I didn't play Animal Crossing with him and told that he was mean to me. He still wanted to be my friend but pushed him away. I was sad and alone. Most of my other good friends were in different classes. Then kids came up to me and told me what was wrong. I told them everything then went to my ex-friend. They chased him and he still lied. I cried and then the kids apparently started throwing rocks at him. We were separated after that until the last day of school when he ran up to me and I told him to stay away so I can have a good summer. The best friend I had during that situation was a kid named Luke. He's in New Mexico with his dad and I hope he's in Albuquerque since we're gonna go through there when whe go on our road trip back from Nebraska. And all the posting and complaining is just some issues that I have.

Yeah, for the most part it's by choice. But sometimes I get pretty lonely and wish I had friends. There are people who I get along with but I wouldn't consider them friends. Most of them only talk to me when they're bored, want something, or if I'm the only one available to talk to.

not a loner, since that's kind of by choice. i am bit lonely though? i try to make friends, it's just hard since i'm kind of introverted.

Back