• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

IGN's top 100 video games of alltime

I've played these games
1. Breath of the Wild
Didn't play much of it, only really got out of the first area you start in. So far I think it's a pretty good game, although the shrines absolutely kill me.
8. RDR 2
I only played this game for an hour or so, never really got into it.
12. GTA V
I love GTA V just wish my computer had enough storage for it. I do have it on the PS4 as well, but I like the computer's keyboard/mouse play style a lot better.
16. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
I love The Witcher, so much, I really need to play more of this one, especially after watching the show on Netflix.
21. Super Mario Bros.
Classic, loved playing this with my brother or dad, but would get frustrating at times. Still a really fun game to play
23. Portal
I played this game for 4 hours on a Lake Arrowhead trip where there was an x-box in the "air bnb" (air bnb wasn't a thing at the time, but I forgot what we used) house we were staying in
28. Tetris
I absolutely love Tetris, super fun classic to play and calm down/waste time with.
30. Final Fantasy XIV
I couldn't really get into Final Fantasy XIV, I think I played the turn-based version on my D.S a longgg time ago, but my friends stopped playing the MMORPG, so I stopped playing too. I think for this game you kind of need friends that play it to have a lot of fun.
33. Minecraft
Extreme classic, where you could play with friends, or join a cool server and play a game with yourself. Starting to drift away, but I come back every now and then when my friends hop on.
34. Ocarina of Time
I recently found my N64 and found Ocarina of Time, so I had to play it. Only got past the first boss and need to start back up again. I think this game is really fun, and a bit easier than BOTW, hopefully it gets harder later on.
61. Batman: Arkham City
I don't really like the fighting style this game has, you have to time your hits to get good combos or you have a hard time fighting your enemies. At least for me.
64. Control
omg. I was so surprised when I saw this game on this list, it is one of my many favorites, I love the fighting style, but still have to complete it.
91. ACNH
I think almost everyone in this forum has played ACNH, but it's a very nice stress reliever and a good wind-down at the end of the day.
93. League of Legends
To this day, I don't know why I still queue up and play another round of League. It is the absolute worst game of all time. I can't believe it is on this list. It is so addicting, but everyone is so damn toxic, and if you do one mistake someone rages and feeds the opponent, loses their lane, runs down mid, or just afk for the rest of the round. Do not ever play this game unless you wanna play TFT.
97. Assasin's Creed IV: Black Flag
I don't remember much of this game, but I do know that I played it. I think I was pretty young when I did though.

i've played/completed 51 games on the list

it's an alright list, but it feels like it could easily double as a list of the most popular games of all time. i'm glad to see disco elysium and mass effect 2 so high though!

My favourite game of all time is Goldeneye (N64). It's nice to see it in the top 100, although at 77, it's too low!

The definition of 'top' or 'best' 100 games can be different to games that are 'enjoyed'
For example Robo Cod. This was originally an Amiga game. It has since appeared on many other consoles, including Switch. I had so much fun and enjoyment playing it, but I wouldn't class it as a 'top' or 'best' game.

My personal favourite five games of all time:

1. Goldeneye (N64)
2. Resident Evil 4 (GameCube)
3. Metropolis Street Racer (Dreamcast)
4. Animal Crossing - New Horizons (Switch)
5. Tekken 3 (PS1)

Last edited:
NH should have been much higher on the list mostly because it was one of the few things that kept everyone sane during the quarantine and making 2020 less awful. That is something that deserves more recognition because without it, there’d probably be a lot of people killings others simply because being forced to stay locked up at home for five months with nothing else to do and hardly anywhere to go would drive anyone insane.

I'm not really surprised at that many of the entries, but I am really surprised that Super Mario Galaxy was mentioned nowhere. I think that if they haven't, they should make a list like this based on their own scores, since, you know, they rate games.

Happy to see GTA 5 on the list.... But I am very happy to see Red Dead Redemption 2 ranked under the top 10.

I loved playing RDR 2 so much that is the last game I have fully loved the story line.

The list also reminded me that I really need to play all the Zelda games I have on my switch.

Back