• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you could turn into ONE animal for a day...

my first instinct was to say cat! only because i'm so incredibly jealous of the life they live, and i see it more now that i have kittens of my own now. eat, sleep, drink, play, repeat....i'm so jealous i wanna be them sooo bad. i also think it'd be fun to be any type of bird that can fly, sorry penguins, ostritches etc but i imagine it's super freeing getting to fly wherever you want at any time

Oh. A mantis shrimp living deep down. Hell yes. See all the colors. Swim freely. Super-punch. And the ocean is barely explored tbh so it would be extremely unique.

If I went for a bird, I’d go with a raven easily. Maybe a magpie because they’re good at trolling people. But tbh we have technology that gets close enough to flying and swimming technology still sucks and is a lot more risky by comparison so I can live without it.

Uh, a squid? Am I allowed to specifically choose an Inkling? I don't think I really need to explain why.

I am not sure if its obvious but I would love to be a cat for a day.

• Wake up my humans by meowing my head off at 5am
  • Get feed some yummy breakfast
  • Go back to sleep
  • Get let out for some fresh air
  • Get to explore the back yard
  • Come back into the house
  • Go find a spot in the house in a sun area and go back to sleep
  • Wake up and sit by the pantry for my lunch to be served
  • Eat lunch
  • Play with my toys and humans
  • Go to sleep
  • Sleep until 5pm
  • Wake up and meow till dinner is served
  • Play with my toys
  • Kneed the lounge blankets and pillow until its comfortable
  • Go to sleep
Sounds like a stress free relaxing life hahaha

A hummingbird. (I might be biased because of my feeders for them and hummingbird-print PJ pants lol.) They move pretty fast and get to drink sugar-water all the time. They can also fly through storms, so that’s also a plus.

Yoshi. I think I would pick a bird because then I can fly wherever I want. I also think it would be kind of funny to just turn into an extinct animal or non-existent animal and just trick everyone for one day. Except the fact that I would be studied by scientists for the rest of my life since they would think I can shapeshift.

I want to be a squirrel! I just love squirrels and have always wanted one as a pet. As a kid I used to chase them in the park not to be mean but because I wanted to catch one and just pet it and hold it. I didn’t know it was mean to chase them and not leave them alone to do their own thing. I just wanted to hug a squirrel and play with it.

i would choose a snowy owl!!
i love owls, they are absolutely beautiful and easily my favorite animals. i would want the ability to fly, and i want to live in snowy climate (aka the exact opposite is where i live).

I wanna be a bird, so I can fly around everywhere. I have always wanted to fly... ^__^

i’m jumping on the cat train, haha. cats are one of my favourite animals, and i think it would be nice to be one for a day. my only responsibilities would be to sleep whenever and for however long i want, eat, drink water, play, go to the bathroom, and just be an adorable bundle of fur!

i wouldn’t have to worry about money, work, education, any of the horrible stuff going on in the world, or any other human stresses or responsibilities. i could just curl up in someone’s lap or on a bed somewhere and call it a day. sounds like the most lush, relaxing life to me! 🐈‍⬛

Last edited:
I'd probably choose some kind of hawk or eagle. I think it would be nice to be able to soar through the skies~

A CHICKADEE! I love those little cuties! I've always wanted to know what they are thinking and saying to one another...and I've always dreamed of flying.

Back