• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon If you could create a new Pokémon, what whould it be?

Rainbowhorn

*Bakes cookies for all villagers*
Bells
Pink Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Crystal Tree
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Purple Star Fragment
Shooting Star Plush
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Crescent Moon
With the 3DS online services closing down soon I dusted off my old Pokémon Y save and played a lot of it last weekend (when I promised myself I whould hop to the dream suite in New Leaf but stuff happened hehe), and the nostalgia sort of reignited my love for the series a bit, at least for the games around that time.

This got me thinking, if I could come up with any new Pokémon to add to the series, what whould it be?
Back then I REALLY wanted a flying type Eevelution, I imagined it as a sky blue slender Eevee, kinda like Espeon, with Bird wings on it's back and ears and the tail feathers of a dove. I guess that whould be my answer.

Anyone else has a dream Pokémon?

I really want a flying type eeveelution too! There are so many amazing fan designs out there, including yours! 🩵 I would also like a moth-based bug type eeveelution (which I have also seen great designs for). Now that Gamefreak has granted my #1 and #2 animal wishes for dolphin and flamingo pokémon, it’s time to make a quokka mon!

I like ghost types. One of my favorites being Yamask. Cofagrigus and it's regional form are interesting Pokemon...but didn't quite live up to the creepy concept.

I'd like Yamask to have a new evolution. Specifically a branching path like Politoed. Keeping the old evolution but introducing an alternative path to a new one.

I'm a big fan of regional variants and will always be rooting for more of them! That and new evolutions to existing Pokémon.

I'd especially like to see a sea serpent-inspired alternate evolution to Dragonite.

Negative ditto and it copies into like a void version of the Pokemon. Sort of like Mr Game n Watch. It could stay a certain type but still copy the stats and moves. I think itd be very interesting competitively.

I do a regional variant of Aromatisse where it’s actually a plague doctor flamingo cause Idk why it isn’t already

Also a regional Chespin line

I feel like it's odd that they've repeated a few different animals over the course of the series but we've never gotten a straight-up house fly. It could even evolve into something more aggressive like a horse-fly. A botfly would be a gross but potentially good concept.

Maybe some different styles of bats? There are plenty of different flying foxes and fruit bats to choose from. A vampire bat would be cool.

While I was browsing the National Dex, I thought to myself that since we have Trubbish and Garbodor, it would be neat if they made some sort of plastic-based pollution Pokémon. It could be a monster along the same sort of vein as Garbodor, it could be some dual-type that's half-Water as a reference to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, or something else entirely. Seems like there's good potential for something interesting with plastic waste though.

I have several ideas. Some have names and others don’t. I’ll do my best to describe them.

Lobsteel- A Steel/Water lobster. It has a body clad in metal plating and has claws sharp enough to cut through glass which makes it difficult for scientists to do any research on them outside of their environment.

Trio of possessed spell books- They are all part Ghost type and the other typing is different for each of them and they all represent a type of magic. The White book is based on white/good magic and is half Fairy. The Purple book is based on healing and status Magic and is Psychic. And the Black book is dark magic and is part Dark. When they are sent out or fainted, the book will fall to the ground. If one of them is sent out, the book will suddenly pop open and a pair of ghostly hands will come out of the pages and start to float in the air. The idle animation is just the hands holding the book as it levitates in the air and occasionally the hands turn a few pages in the book. When it attacks with a damaging move, the hands will turn a few pages before point one hand at the target and the attack animation plays out. The hands will turn pages in the book before using any move it knows. These book are all counterparts of each other and three different Pokémon.

I feel like it's odd that they've repeated a few different animals over the course of the series but we've never gotten a straight-up house fly. It could even evolve into something more aggressive like a horse-fly. A botfly would be a gross but potentially good concept.

Maybe some different styles of bats? There are plenty of different flying foxes and fruit bats to choose from. A vampire bat would be cool.

While I was browsing the National Dex, I thought to myself that since we have Trubbish and Garbodor, it would be neat if they made some sort of plastic-based pollution Pokémon. It could be a monster along the same sort of vein as Garbodor, it could be some dual-type that's half-Water as a reference to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, or something else entirely. Seems like there's good potential for something interesting with plastic waste though.
Building on the plastic waste I think a turtle Pokémon based on plastic waste would be quite cool. A ghost type

With the possibility of new Megas coming in Legends Z-A, I really want new Megas! However, there are a few that I want regional variants for. I was really disappointed in the number of regionals for Scarlet and Violet.

Anyway...the first I want is for the Dratini line!

- For Mega Dragonite, I want it to be Dragon/Water to go with its Japanese name Kairyu, which literally means "sea dragon". Yes, it resists Water but you would think a sea dragon would be Water type like Kingdra...which is more of a sea dragon because it swims and doesn't fly.
- For a regional Dratini line, I want Dratini to remain serpentine and have a new evo from Dragonair to be Dragon/Water.

Next is for the Pichu line!

- This will be a regional line that will eventually evolve into Gorochu.

For those that don't know, Raichu was originally planned to evolve into Gorochu. However, they thought Gorochu was overpowered. Yes, in a broken gen with Psychic types they thought Gorochu was overpowered.
1713696888821.png

Anyway...

Gorochu will be Electric/Fighting in this regional line.

Finally, the one that I want is for the Psyduck line!

I want Golduck to go the Annihilape route and finally achieve its Psychic typing! Golduck is...quite bad. Water/Psychic is also quite bad but some mons like Slowbro pull it off. A Golduck evo that is fast and pure offensive might pull it off even better. I thought about making this evo a Mega but I feel that since they put the Psyduck line in like every game I thought they should might as well make it good so its not just dex fodder.

I’d want a cat pokemon that stays on all fours. Maybe a ghost dark type? Have a stealthy attack? Or dragon steel? It be a dragon but with catlike features 🤔.

I’ve been waiting for a dragon or ghost type eevee!! not having a new eeveelution since x/y is a travesty

I’d also like more ghost/fairy types! not sure of the concept but mimikyu needs more friends 🥹

since we have cake & cupcake pokemon, I’m asking for a pudding pokemon or a macaron one

Dragon type Eevee is a huge favorite of mine to become a reality, but that's mostly because Dragon is my favorite Pokemon type.

Back