• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If You Could Give Any Game an HD Remake?

Sonic Adventure needs a remake. Sonic Adventure 2 as a bonus. Also, chao garden is a must

I'm not sure if I agree with those saying Earthbound. I think part of the charm of it *is* the old pixel art. I don't think it would look as good with modern graphics.

I’d like them to redo FFX’s remaster. The faces are terrible; they had more expressions in the ps2 version. And the remastered soundtracks needs to go.

I believe only the PS3 and Vita versions force you to use the remastered soundtrack. PS4 and Steam let you pick original soundtracks. Switch might too, but I don't know for sure.

I'm not sure if I agree with those saying Earthbound. I think part of the charm of it *is* the old pixel art. I don't think it would look as good with modern graphics.

I believe only the PS3 and Vita versions force you to use the remastered soundtrack. PS4 and Steam let you pick original soundtracks. Switch might too, but I don't know for sure.

Yup you’re correct. That’s the only reason that I bought a copy for my ps4 as well.
Post automatically merged:

I haven’t tried it out yet though since I keep putting it off partially because I have other games to finish first. Just really wish they hadn’t messed with the character’s faces so much or tried so hard to make the non cinematic characters look like the cinematic version (like yuna and her hair).

Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings/Earthbound Zero is a important game that laid the groundwork for Earthbound and holds a lot of sentimental value for a lot of people. It is a great little story to experience firsthand.

It also kind of blows.

I think a remake of Mother 1 with the Link's Awakening treatment that gives the game more balanced enemies/modern mechanics would be perfect for this game. I can imagine how good magicant could look....

Easily Skies of Arcadia for me. I oh so badly would love for an HD remake to be made for it, not only so I can play it yet again in glorious HD, but so other people can finally experience the game for themselves as well.

Paper Mario from the N64 I would loveee, it is one of my favorites. :)
Super Mario Sunshine could be pretty interesting as well.

It just blows my mind how hard you predicted the Super Mario 3D All Stars with the Sunshine talk. I am just so excited right now as Sunshine is one of the few Mario games that I always felt left a void in my life since I didn't grab it when it first came out. Now, I'm actually kind of glad I waited all this time! (y) :cool:

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War that originally released in Japan for the SNES in 1992. I just finished playing the fan translation about a month ago and it’s possibly my favourite Fire Emblem game of all time.

It would greatly benefit from an HD remake as it was never officially released in North America or officially translated into English. A lot of the mechanics could definitely be streamlined/improved upon and seeing the characters in upgraded graphics with full voice acting would be amazing!

Considering how well Three Houses did I think a remake would do quite well on the Switch.

Saw this post bumped and realised I posted this before. I'm so glad it's coming true 😭 :love: 😭

To add to this, I'd like a remake/HD port or a sequel for Fantasy Life. Love this game so much and it would do amazingly on switch.
I would be so happy for a port or sequel to Fantasy Life 😭 it’s my top played 3ds game after new leaf

hamtaro ham ham heartbreak, super monkey ball deluxe, paper mario ttyd, pokemon stadium (the mini games!!!), and of course Pokémon diamond/pearl/platinum

also hoping for a Zelda all-stars with twilight princess, wind waker, ocarina of time or majora’s mask similar to the Mario one

To add to this, I'd like a remake/HD port or a sequel for Fantasy Life. Love this game so much and it would do amazingly on switch.

Ohhhh fantasy life on switch would be sick. It's super fun with friends

I still haven't finished it on 3DS but I had a blast playing what I have of it.... maybe I should continue that soon lol

definitely Super Mario 64. I know it sounds cheesy/tacky to say that but for real, I would love to see that game with the same level of quality as Odyssey. That would be amazing.

edit: I mean ig technically the 3D All-Stars port is an "HD Remake" but I'm thinking in terms of graphical/texture/control quality improvements, not simply the resolution that the game plays in.

definitely Super Mario 64. I know it sounds cheesy/tacky to say that but for real, I would love to see that game with the same level of quality as Odyssey. That would be amazing.

edit: I mean ig technically the 3D All-Stars port is an "HD Remake" but I'm thinking in terms of graphical/texture/control quality improvements, not simply the resolution that the game plays in.

I don't know. Nintendo could surprise you ;)

I don't know. Nintendo could surprise you ;)
based on the gameplay I've seen I'm expecting that the game will run as if I were playing it on Project64. Same graphics/textures/models/etc, just a higher resolution and frame rate. if by some wild chance it actually is a full blown HD remake I would cry.

Final. Fantasy. Six.

I mean, come on, hasn't 7 already gotten enough love?

For me, it would be Donkey Kong 64. It looked great by N64 standards (and used a ton of cool lighting effects), and I would love to see it remade in HD.

I'd also love to see HD remakes of Xenogears, the original Doom, and Psychonauts.

A lot of good takes in this post.

Over 100 posts and not a one of you has brought up Chrono Trigger. :|

Last edited:
even though it'll never happen i'd love a HD remake of star wars rogue squadron... imagine how nice it'd look and play with today's graphics, might as well throw in a rogue leader remake while we're at it

Randomly thinking of Pokemon Colosseum...and the recent announcement of Mario All-Stars HD makes me want a three-pack release of Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, and Battle Revolution. Or, even just a two-pack of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. I never played Gale of Darkness or Battle Revolution...but, the original Colosseum was a favorite of mine during that time of my childhood. And if they put those games on Switch, they could tie-in a direct integration with Pokemon Home.

Back