• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If You Could Give Any Game an HD Remake?

MapleSilver

Frost Egg Collector
Bells
Switch
0436-6117-9609
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Lily
Purple Violet
White Pansy
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
I was thinking about this today and thought it would be interesting to see what others think. If you had the power to command any game become remastered in HD, without any cost to yourself, which game would you pick? If you dislike HD remakes, that's fine as well and feel free to give your reasons why.

Myself, I would tell them to make a New Super Mario Land. This would be less of a graphical update and more of a complete remaster, but I would love to see Sarasaland in better quality than Gameboy graphics.

Hmm... I'll say Four Swords Adventures because that's the only Zelda game that I'll never be able to play at this point. I'd love for it to be remade so that I can actually experience it!

Jak and Daxter! ♥_♥

Resident evil 3! I loved the re2 remake but as a re fan I would also like a re3 hd remake. It's one of my favourite childhood games and of course nemesis still haunts me.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum for sure! The graphics on the DS and 3DS are fine, but an HD remake would make me really, really happy. Thankfully, I think this is possible in the near future as I fully expect Pokemon 4th gen remakes after Sword and Shield on the Switch. Experiencing the first gen I played of Pokemon again, this time in HD, would be a dream come true. <3

The original Donkey Kong Country Trilogy. With Crash and Spyro following the trend, I think Donkey Kong will follow the same pattern as well. Not to mention K. Rool in Smash. They got to give him a reason to return after the big hiatus only for Smash Ultimate to revive him, and an HD trilogy of the original Donkey Kong Country games would be the most viable way to do it.

Well, they could make a new game based on K. Rool’s return, but I would want an HD trilogy more honestly.

Final Fantasy VIII! It's available ported on PC, but the graphics are horrible, it's hard to play. I never finished it on Playstation, so I'd love to beat it someday.

Sonic Adventure 2, I have the "HD version" on PS3, although that's technically a remake it's still basically a direct port with nothing really changed and honestly some of the things on that game almost make it inferior to the game cube port of the game. Like the fact they make it impossible to get Jewel chao/Shiny Jewel chaos, and then two toned shiny chao on the PS3 version are glitched so their textures come out as glowing instead of 'shiny', it's cool looking but disappointing.
I would love a remake that actually adds new things, updates the graphics, maybe a bigger chao garden or more gardens, even returning scrapped ideas that they had would be cool. Online multiplayer functionality instead of just "beat eachother's scores" would be cool especially in the game's battle modes.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum for sure! The graphics on the DS and 3DS are fine, but an HD remake would make me really, really happy. Thankfully, I think this is possible in the near future as I fully expect Pokemon 4th gen remakes after Sword and Shield on the Switch. Experiencing the first gen I played of Pokemon again, this time in HD, would be a dream come true. <3

Very much agree!!
A Sinnoh remake on the switch would be SO cool! I really want one because it was my first pok?mon game and I've spent so much time playing it.
Seeing the games and graphics the switch supports makes me want to see that remake even more!
I really hope it's next on Nintendo's list.

Banjo-Kazooie. It still looks great in all it's SD glory but just imagine it remade with current gen graphics. Yum.

I feel like NieR Gestalt needs to get a complete remake from the ground up. Not just graphically, but as a whole it could use a complete overhaul in order to better tell its story. There's so much story content there, and it's an eerily depressing one, but the game had such a low budget that it was very poorly presented, with many important details missing which instead can only be found in additional media, usually in the form of books. This is probably just a staple for Yoko Taro games maybe, but I really think that with the success of Automata, a retelling of NieR Gestalt's story would go down pretty well. I just hope they'd give both versions a fresh coat of paint, I know that NieR Replicant is typically preferred and is the canon version of the game, but I couldn't enjoy brother Nier over father Nier. Father Nier is so much more endearing to me, but that's going off on a tangent.

Game needs a retelling of its excellent story. I'd play it again in a heartbeat if it ever happens, and love for it to come to Steam.

For me, it would be Donkey Kong 64. It looked great by N64 standards (and used a ton of cool lighting effects), and I would love to see it remade in HD.

I'd also love to see HD remakes of Xenogears, the original Doom, and Psychonauts.

The TimeSplitters trilogy, and it's not even close. That was one of my go-to series when I was younger, and I absolutely miss playing them. Future Perfect is still one of my favorite shooters of all time.

Jak and Daxter! ♥_♥

Banjo-Kazooie. It still looks great in all it's SD glory but just imagine it remade with current gen graphics. Yum.

These are the only correct answers.

Jak & Daxter did get a remaster...But it was the most low effort rush job I've seen from a remaster. Would rather see the trilogy remade.

enchanted folk and the school of wizardry (or magician's quest: mysterious times if you're from the US) is an absolute classic on the DS and it was genuinely a super fun game. i would love to see a HD remake on the switch or something but the chances of that happening are microscopic :(

61gJu6HT4LL._SX425_.jpg

iconic

While the graphics are good for this game, I'd say Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii. I can't really think of any other game.

I think all the monsters and the Runeys would look really cool to be remastered, and even the sprites for characters.

I think it'd be cool to see remade versions of both Persona 3 and Persona 4. I know there was technically Persona 3 Portable and Persona 3 FES, as well as Persona 4 Golden, but I don't count those as those are just updated versions and in the case of P3P and P4G, they're made portable as well. I just more than anything want to see these games on newer consoles, and remakes of these games would be the perfect excuse, I suppose. I think it'd be great to see them on the PS4, and maybe the Switch and even PC as well.

I don't feel like it'd sell well, but I would definitely buy an HD Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak remake or HD Ham-Hams Unite remake. Or Rainbow Rescue remake! That'd be really nice for the Switch. :3

The sims 2 and 3. Sims 4 has the worst gameplay, but the best graphics so if the other two could have HD graphics that would be a perfect game.

Back