if hot dogs are sandwiches...is cereal a soup?

Is cereal a soup?

• absolutely

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • absolutely not

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • ...maybe?

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I don't know/don't care

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

sleepydreepy

legendary egg
Bells
Switch
1638-3529-0786
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Red Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
so chet_manley made this thread about hotdogs possibly being a sandwich...so now I ask you...
Is cereal a soup?

Last edited:
I don’t think hot dogs are sandwiches. Cereal, however, is basically cold soup. Soup is pretty much a liquid base with stuff added into it, and that’s what cereal is.

i came here for the community and animal crossing, not an existential crisis op

Isn't soup always with water and cereals always with milk?

I wouldn’t consider it a soup. It just doesn’t feel right or make sense to me.

Isn't soup always with water and cereals always with milk?

There's plenty of soups that are actually made with milk. A lot of "cream of" and cheesy-type of soups have milk in them.

It really just depends on what the broth/roux is made out of.

Soup isnt always just water, theres plenty of soups that are quite thick and not watery

So cereal is a soup

soups are usually savory and cereal tends to be sweet. also, you don't boil or heat the milk in cereal though, so it's not a soup? unless you do heat it then, ok you monster.

soups are usually savory and cereal tends to be sweet. also, you don't boil or heat the milk in cereal though, so it's not a soup? unless you do heat it then, ok you monster.
Have you ever had gazpacho? Chilled corn soup? Avocado soup? Ajoblanco? Sweet pea soup?

There are plenty of soups that are entirely uncooked.

There are certain cereals that you can heat, like Weet-Bix/Weeta-Bix. I sometimes heat muesli to soften it? Maybe I am just weird :p

I'm pretty sure soups can be made with milk or cream, and technically could be eaten cold, so I guess cereal is just crunchy, cold soup.

I looked it up. Cereal is not a soup.

According to Google, a soup is typically a liquid meal with vegetables or meat with broth, juice, stock, or water.

i stand corrected, maybe cereal is a soup. just not a conventional one.

Back