• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I wish for more design slots in an update!! Do you think this could happen??

Lotusblossom

Prankster Crossing
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
The possibilities with designs are far and plenty but with little to no design slots left.. can hardly do much!!!

I wish for that, too! I really want to add inside corners to my Bush design but I’ve used up so much room already 😭

Idk anything about game design/coding, but I think it should be possible? Can't be that hard... While I've never maxed out all my design slots, I still wish for more for those who have.

Yeah that would be pretty useful, not sure why they decided to limit the amount of slots to so few. I mean it's not like the small pixel designs should take up much data lol. They could even make it where you have to pay for extra slots with nook miles via the nook atm, just like the terraforming additions, as that would give those people with a lot of nook miles in game something useful to spend them on at least.

I think it's not all that likely, but on the other hand, things like the way Sahara now lets you keep buying instead of ending the dialogue chain after each purchase honestly makes me feel like the possibilities of what they'd be willing to tweak or adjust through updates are way more varied than I'd think they'd be. It would really be wonderful if we could have even a few more.

I don't think it will happen, but it would be nice! They should let us extend our design slots like they let us do with your pockets, by redeeming nook miles. I'd even settle for them letting us rotate custom designs, it could cut complicated designs way down!

It should definitely be possible, as they wouldn't take up much more space on a save file. Unfortunately, I doubt this is something they would change... I don't know, I just doubt they'd have an update and go "By the way, you can have more patterns now!" no matter how nice that would be. :(

I don't see it happening, but it would be nice as i've already maxed out my design slots and wish I had more.

Yes please there's so many beautiful patterns people have made that I want to use.

They should yeah. I barely touched the custom pro designs but man, I have 6 left on the other one. 😭

Probably not, because if you increase the number of slots, game memory goes up
Doesnt game memory go up with any update?

I kindve wish they included everything to start instead of updates but if they're gonna do updates it is kinda nice because it gives the the ability to update anything and everything kindve right??

WE NEED more design pallettes!!! And to be able to turn them would be GREAT!..

the design pallettes have honestly become my favorite part of the game.. it's so fun to be creative and be able to do somthing unique! But there are so little of them I literally cant even do a big project

I am not sure, since I am not a software developer, but since you display the designs everywhere and the game has to render that, perhaps that's a limiting factor too?

The developer's need to give us more freedom.. that seems like just an ongoing essence of the game... more freedom more freedom lol idk

I just hope they make it like new leaf again that every character have their own slots. Now all slots on 1 island are shared with all characters. So just give everyone 50 slots. With 8 characters it will be 400 slots 🤣

That.. or yeah..just more slots 😅

Back