What do you do after finding all the fossils?

Now that I have them all, I'm collecting certain ones to design my island bit more. Otherwise off to nooks they go.

My fossil collection was the first collection I completed and I did it pretty early on but I still dig up my fossils everyday which means I have a huge surplus. So I decided to just start giving them away for free on whatever platform Im using the most at any given moment (TBT, Nookazon, Tumblr etc). People often really appreciate the help because they're either still completing their collections or are going for he fossil assessment Nook Mile Goal.

After I found them all, I just buried them behind the Plaza. I don't touch them unless I get both the "Visit Brewster" and "Assess Fossils" at the same time, so I can chain them together. Even better if I can get the "Sell Items for 5,000 bells" in the same lineup!

It had not occurred to me that I could set up a fossil exhibit outside. Now I know what I want to do whenever I have enough time! Usually, I just sell my fossils so that I can buy more items to fill out my catalogue.

Sell them and use for decorations or gifts!

Fossils are always the first of the museum collections I complete. And they do generate some good bells. And I do need to support my habit of constant redesigning..... haha.

Fr though, some are great for decorating or giving as gifts, but I usually just sell them.

I tend to ignore them, but if they spawn in an area where I don't want them (usually in the way for whatever reason) I dig them up and usually I sell them as is, because assessing is kind of tedious. Lately however, I've gotten way more active in the game and I've been taking them to Blathers to be assessed, more so to make bells for my second account, as well as making some more Nook Miles whenever it appears as a task.

i usually just ignore them. sometimes if i need bells i'll get them examined and sell them but otherwise it just gets kinda annoying

Here is how it goes. I dig up the fossils and sell them for bells. I keep a few I can use for decorating like the amber. Once I hit the final milestone for the Fossil Assessment achievement, I stop digging them up. I usually place all 5 fossils behind the museum or the hidden path in the back of the island. There are better methods of getting bells amd digging them up each time can get bothersome so I leave them alone after the achievement. While island hopping I get fossils occasionally as well so its not like I won't encounter them again.

I've recently found that wrapping fossils from a set (For example, Left Ptera Wing) and giving it to my villagers will often get me items that are missing from my catalogue. This works best when I have already have a high friendship level with the villager in question, especially when I have good luck in friendship that day. I've even gotten summer clothes during the winter this way.

One limitation is that if you already have all of the regular items from that category, the villager will give you an item that you already have. I have all of the wallpaper available from Nook's Cranny already so a villager who decides to give me wallpaper will give me something in my catalogue instead of something that only Saharah sells.

I sometimes just leave them until I can be bothered to around my island and dig them up. When I do dig them up I sell them to Nook's Cranny unassessed as I have plenty of bells, but I hate just throwing items in the bin. I used to have a list of them to giveaway, but I had so many and needed the storage space so sold them all to Timmy and Tommy.

Honestly... after I fill up the museum I stop digging them up 😭 I do think about trying to collect them to make the little models but it just feels like such a chore, lol. I really wish that after we filled the museum we could then almost restart but with the goal of giving them all to Blathers for his personal collection. 💕

I just finished completing the Fossil Exhibit for the 500th time since I recently restarted (yeah I think I've lost my mind) I still have a lot of fossils in storage, but you know what I am hoarding them until I decide to restart again. Guess thats the only thing I can do with them.

Back