• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

I have pretty lame villagers :/

jennw92

Bells
I've decided my villagers are pretty lame. Now don't get me wrong I love them but they NEVER suggest PWP. It has been ages since they have suggested any. And when I "go away" for a little bit when they ping me its for me to buy something from them. What the heck. I just want some new PWP considering I have built all the ones I have. Meh :(

fill your item slots with flowers. They cant buy them and they cant sell you stuff.

The pings will mostly be PWP from there

Make sure that you do not have any money on you and that your inventory is full of seashells.

It should work eventually if you take 15 minute swims in the water. :)

A 5 minute swim works just as well, I think :)
Also, I find that it doesn't matter how much money I have on me, as long as my inventory is full of things they won't buy. I actually fill all the slots with 100 bells (+tools). You can't buy money and I can't buy anything when my pockets are full of money ^_^

I would hold less than 50 bells. I had 100 in my pocket and Peanut came and asked me to buy something for like 92 bells. .-.

you have to do the swimming trick over and over :/ sometimes if you're lucky it won't take many tries but sometimes it takes a great many. it really depends, it's random. good luck!

you have to do the swimming trick over and over :/ sometimes if you're lucky it won't take many tries but sometimes it takes a great many. it really depends, it's random. good luck!

I did it like 3 times then gave up for the night. I'll try again tomorrow :/

You mean you had filled your inventory with 100 bell coins or you had 100 on hand in your little money purse thing?

It was in my pouch. It's the same exact thing, though. Like the 99K bag is in your inventory and all, but it still counts towards your purse thing, it's just out of room.

I've found that villagers will requests PWPs more often if you have a high friendship with them. Try doing that in conjunction with the swimming trick.

I'm just waiting for the Police PWPs.... I keep getting lame PWPs that I don't want to built. lol

I've found that villagers will requests PWPs more often if you have a high friendship with them. Try doing that in conjunction with the swimming trick.

I think this is random too, because the day after Pippy unpacked, she suggested a modern bridge.

Villagers can ping you for so many things: buying something, selling something, trading something, giving something, showing letter, changing greeting/catchphrase, telling you how cool you are, and finally...public works. If you bag and drop all your money, and fill your inv with flowers as someone has said, then you eliminate some of these possibilities...but there're still a few left, so when you do the swim trick, you can still be bombarded with everything else left (I have a lot if letters shown to me). They also can't ping you on certain circumstances if you haven't talked to them to 'clear' the dialogue: beesting, post-tourney and if you've played 'too long' (usually around 1 hour). The first two you have to talk to each individual villager to clear, the last, just 1. Sometimes it's not the first villager you encounter that will ping you - the 2nd or 3rd might.

You have to be seriously persistent, as you can tell by the variables. When I was actively chasing public works I definitely did the swimming trick WAY more than 3 times, and counted myself lucky to get 1 per day. You CAN get more than 1 but it's difficult and rare since there are so many ping possibilities.

So go for it if you're really serious. AC is heavily based in randomization based on circumstance and not much else that's sophisticated, so it can be very difficult to get what you want, but at least there are ways to get around the mechanics. 'Less lame' villagers won't increase your pwp odds any.

Freakin finally I got a request! Out of the villager I like the least but hey I'll take it! Thanks for all the tips everyone! It helped ALOT

It was in my pouch. It's the same exact thing, though. Like the 99K bag is in your inventory and all, but it still counts towards your purse thing, it's just out of room.

Yes and no. With a full inventory, they won't do any transactions with you, even if your inventory is full of money. Because the money is taking up all the slots.

Back