• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I Don't Understand The Hype About Merengue

Welcome to my world.
I Don't Understand The Hype About Marshal.
Marshal is cute, but he for sure isn't my favorite villager. Also off topic somewhat but I think he should be cranky instead of smug.

I wish he was. Maybe I'd like him better. As it is, I will make sure someone here is happy when he moves out of my town.

i got Merengue as both a starter and a dreamy. She is nice and her looks pretty much match her personality. But i think there are far more villagers better than her

like dear sweet Coach

I think people like her so much because she's pink and strawberry-ish. Just like people love Marshal because he looks like a goddamn marshmallow.

Last edited:
I much prefer Tia..
shes just as unique but way cuter imo

Merengue i do like, but not love.. i love baking Merengues in real life though ;)

I don't think Marshal should be a cranky. His face doesn't fit the cranky's deep sound.

On-topic: She's OK but I wouldn't want her in my town. At least she's better than the oh-so-overrated Julian and Stitches, in my opinion.

I love Merengue but then I have a weakness for cute food characters in general.
She's one of my starters and I fell in love the first time I laid my eyes on her.
Would it be shallow of me to admit that my love for her grew even more after I discovered how popular she is? I don't know.
Many people tend to go after things that are sought after by others and I think that's just a common human characteristic.

Love Marshal, he is a BF and he keeps sending me love letters. As for Merengue she moved into my town from the campsite and I gave her away to someone who had her as her dreamie. It was not having Merengue that made me happy but rather giving her away to someone who very much wanted her. ^^

Last edited:
Agreed! I have Tex and he's really cute and sweet in my opinion. :blush:

I am also a Tex fan.I just wish he would stop wearing Felicity's clothes!Merengue is popular because she has a good design.She's a big,white rhino that looks like a strawberry shortcake and her chef's outfit is the perfect clothing for her look.Plus she's a Normal villager so she's naturally sweet(heh....get it?Ok..not that funny).

This has probably already been mentioned, but she does have one of the nicest house interiors. :) It's like a super cute cafe, with some sweets series, desert cases, etc.
I personally love Merengue - she fits the 'cute' theme that a lot of people are going for.
Tbh, I didn't really understand all this intrest in her until I met her in a friends town that I was looking after whilst she was away. It was love at first sight... <3 ;)

I have her in my town, not knowing she was a Normal. I have three normals now. I can't wait for her to move, she acts exactly the same as Sydney & Melba, except that she is way uglier.
But yeah, she is unique, I'll give her that much.

If I see one more thread on this topic I s2g.

People like different things - get the hell over it.

I Don't Understand The Hype About The "Why Is X Popular" Threads.

Marhshal is a Smug and the cutest ever :D

I feel like they mistranslated the world "smug" because smug means a wise-a^*, and I don't get any sardonic/clever remarks from Kyle. Smug villagers are real butt kissers because they just shower you with compliments almost like their hitting on you. They also seem poetic.
Anyways, yeah, I don't know why so many people like Merengue. I don't like rhinos myself.

I think she's okay. If she moved to my town, I wouldn't keep her, but I wouldn't despise her while she was there.

I never really liked her, until i got her to move into my town from campsite. Yes, she may be a Rhino but she is so adorable! Not to mention her house is adorable as well!

Because ....... ppl have...... different .....opinions........
it doesn't matter why she's popular who cares . I personally don't care about rhinos in general but if you have her in ur town what ever that's your business I hope youre having fun

I love all rhinos! except for Rhonda (she has too much make up for me.)

But in my opinion, I think that Merengue is incredibly cute.
Her face and outfit matches perfectly with the theme of her room, which I love!

Back