• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I Don't Understand The Hype About Merengue

Hype

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Bells
Switch
4192-8341-7338
Pavé
Tasty Cake
Festive Bell
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Jingle Christmas Doll
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Please tell me I'm not alone right? I just don't get how and why so many people like her. She is a Rhino which aren't that cute to begin with and I could just go on about why I don't like her. Anyone else feel the same way? No offense to people that like her. You are free to like whatever villagers you want.

Personally I think she's really pretty. I never cared for her until I met her in a friend's town. Her looks fit her personality as well, but that's my opinion. To each their own :)

I personally don't have any interest in her... but personally I feel Julian is most over hyped he is so ugly same as every other horse.

But anyways the reason I think they are popular is because they are something unique unlike every other villager...

Merengue is cake

Julian is a unicorn

Stitches is a plush

Ankha is eqyptian

I personally think they could use the design ideas to make much cuter villager I wouldn't mind a nice cute Plush Squirrel but ya know oh well...

Last edited:
I don't think that I would have liked her as much had she been any other species. I mean I love rhinos in real life, but I could list a ****load of animals that I like more than rhinos. I guess that I just love the fact that with Merengue they combined something sweet and cute with an animal that's supposed to be tough and harsh. To me Merengue just sends a very strong message: you can be feminine but still be tough.

But in the end people just like her for the same reasons that they like other villagers: it's all about opinion.

I don't typically like the weird villagers, like one made of cake or one that has a teapot head. Even though I don't like sheep, I do think Frita looks pretty cool.

To each their own! But personally I love the villagers that nobody else really likes...they have their own little charm and they can be really sweet.

I dont like her either. The pictures looked cute, so I saw her in a dream and in person i wasnt impressed.

I personally adore any and all rhinos, I had both her and Ren?e in my town,
and I was planning on obtaining more Rhinos but it didn`t really work out in the end.
I just personally like the fact that there is a cute option for a Normal Rhino villager.

I don`t see her as amazing, just another Rhino,
which is quite enough for me to love her.

I love her looks but personality wise she's dull as dirt, haha. I still wouldn't get rid of her, though.. even if she does ask for furniture on a daily basis. :\

I love her looks but personality wise she's dull as dirt, haha. I still wouldn't get rid of her, though.. even if she does ask for furniture on a daily basis. :\

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought she's boring :blush: She's cute and I love her house but man I couldn't wait to replace her.

Well I'm not one to bother with 'dreamies' or the 'popular villagers'. I see their appeal but I don't make it my life's goal to get them (Except Rosie, first villager I ever talked to in my first game <3 But I don't search for her really)

But one day I went to my campsite and low and behold, there sat Merengue. And I thought she was cute! She has nice eyes and a cute pink colour and I had two spare spots so I asked her to move in and now she's right next to me. I really like her personality type so I don't see a problem with her.

I think most people hate her to 'rebel' against what's popular.

I would not mind having her in my town, but she's definitely not a dreamie.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well I'm not one to bother with 'dreamies' or the 'popular villagers'. I see their appeal but I don't make it my life's goal to get them (Except Rosie, first villager I ever talked to in my first game <3 But I don't search for her really)

But one day I went to my campsite and low and behold, there sat Merengue. And I thought she was cute! She has nice eyes and a cute pink colour and I had two spare spots so I asked her to move in and now she's right next to me. I really like her personality type so I don't see a problem with her.

I think most people hate her to 'rebel' against what's popular.

Pretty much, I dislike people who dislike something just because it's popular, it makes no sense lol, the same goes for people who wants stuff just because it's popular.

To each their own! But personally I love the villagers that nobody else really likes...they have their own little charm and they can be really sweet.
Agreed! I have Tex and he's really cute and sweet in my opinion. :blush:

To each his or her own. If its your town and the villagers make you happy then that is one of the best reasons to play. Merengue makes some people happy. I guess she doesn't make others happy. I just kind feel like threads like these are kinda sounding like a broken record. We know that there are popular villagers and that there are not so popular villagers.

I just kind feel like threads like these are kinda sounding like a broken record. We know that there are popular villagers and that there are not so popular villagers.

This. Every villager has someone that likes them and someone that can't stand them, I really don't understand why these "omg why is x villager so popular I think they're so ugly" threads pop up almost every day lol.

Please tell me I'm not alone right? I just don't get how and why so many people like her. She is a Rhino which aren't that cute to begin with and I could just go on about why I don't like her. Anyone else feel the same way? No offense to people that like her. You are free to like whatever villagers you want.

Welcome to my world.
I Don't Understand The Hype About Marshal.

Merengue was the reason I chose my current town, as she was a starter. She was my dreamy, she was someone who I wanted to pay millions of Bells for, but in my town we just don't click. I let her go to someone else, and I hope she is enjoying herself now.

I LOVE THAT SONG OK

Last edited:
Back