Hyrule Warriors

Sounds like the opposite of me. The GamePad feels perfect for me, and any other controller options don't feel as good. Maybe you should invest in a Wii U Classic Controller Pro if you haven't already. My girlfriend uses it and she says it's perfect for her hand size. :)
Nice! That controller looks cool. I want to see what they do for Smash Bros first. If I can end up using a Gamecube controller, I will. :)

And you can play as Volga? Awesome! Is that from the dlc? My brother just bought it and it is funny to see Dark Link in cut scenes.

I really hate playing Adventure mode on certain Character-limited levels. Darunia and Ruto are painfully horrid.

I really hate playing Adventure mode on certain Character-limited levels. Darunia and Ruto are painfully horrid.
I know exactly what you're saying. There's a level with Fi that I just can't beat. It's a level 8 mission, I guess? The one where you fight three imprisoned (two are mini, though)?
I've managed to get by with some of the missions limited to Darunia, but I can't do diddly squat with Ruto.

I know exactly what you're saying. There's a level with Fi that I just can't beat. It's a level 8 mission, I guess? The one where you fight three imprisoned (two are mini, though)?
I've managed to get by with some of the missions limited to Darunia, but I can't do diddly squat with Ruto.
Uuuugh that mission is painful. I don't know if I'm using Fi wrong or what, but she is absolutely horrible imo

And you can play as Volga? Awesome! Is that from the dlc? My brother just bought it and it is funny to see Dark Link in cut scenes.
Volga is already playable with the latest Japanese patch, but will be made available to the rest of the world on October 16th, when the Master Quest Pack releases.

Also, I found the news article that confused me about when we could play as bosses. In March, there'll be a Boss Pack released, but it just contains new game modes. I got confused and thought that meant the bosses wouldn't be playable until then either. I assume it'll have something like a boss rush in it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's also pretty bad when you're limited to a character with a **** weapon. I currently have one that's limited to Lana with the Deku Spear, but it's just terrible to do. It'll be a while before I get back to that.

Any tips for the mission where I have to beat two Gohmas with Ghirahim being a ****? It's a Lv.9 and only gives a bomb card, but I need to get through it to get to Ghirahim.

So I've just recently gotten intrigued by this game. I don't have enough money for it yet but the DLC also looks really interesting. What are your general opinions on the game? How repetitive is it and does it get in the way of it being fun? Thanks for any answers!

It is fairly repetitive, but I wouldn't say that gets in the way. I think if you don't like hack & slash titles in general, it'll annoy you to hell and back though. The different missions make the game interesting to play, though you might find yourself tired out from constantly fighting hordes of enemies after an hour or two. The story missions are also relatively long (~30 minutes for most), so it's not a game you can just pick up and play unless you go into Adventure Mode.

I'd recommend playing it if you enjoy Zelda games, since there's a lot of nice references to the games and this game is a fresh way of playing in the Zelda universe.

It is fairly repetitive, but I wouldn't say that gets in the way. I think if you don't like hack & slash titles in general, it'll annoy you to hell and back though. The different missions make the game interesting to play, though you might find yourself tired out from constantly fighting hordes of enemies after an hour or two. The story missions are also relatively long (~30 minutes for most), so it's not a game you can just pick up and play unless you go into Adventure Mode.

I'd recommend playing it if you enjoy Zelda games, since there's a lot of nice references to the games and this game is a fresh way of playing in the Zelda universe.

Thanks for the reply! I love Dragon Nest (an MMORPG) which is fairly similar in terms of being a hack and slash game. Do characters learn new skills or combos (idk what they're called) as you progress? That's something I usually really look forward to in games like these.

Ugh totally feel the same. Tbh during the Volga/Skyloft spot with Link wasn't as good as it advertised. USE LIGHT! it says, but that could have been way better with Impa or even Lana

- - - Post Merge - - -

I rather am enjoying this though. I feel like Zelda + Dynasty was a good crossover choice. It ended up a little better than I expected. It's kind of made me want to re-explore the Dynasty series. I could always steal DW7 from my friend....

Thanks for the reply! I love Dragon Nest (an MMORPG) which is fairly similar in terms of being a hack and slash game. Do characters learn new skills or combos (idk what they're called) as you progress? That's something I usually really look forward to in games like these.
Of course! As you progress in the game, you collect "Materials" that can be used to upgrade your character and expand their combos and abilities. :)

Of course! As you progress in the game, you collect "Materials" that can be used to upgrade your character and expand their combos and abilities. :)

Thanks Flop :D Sounds a lot more in-depth than I previously thought! Definitely adding to the list of games I need to buy :)

Dv89gQa.jpg
Does anyone know how to move these guys? I'd rather not waste any items. In the original game, even doing so much as touching these guys would provoke them to attack, haha.

Uuuugh that mission is painful. I don't know if I'm using Fi wrong or what, but she is absolutely horrible imo

I know. It's ridiculous. I can get the two mini imprisoned down but then the final one? Forget it... Guess I just need to amp up Fi's game with some shiny new badges. xP

I just got the wind waker, and I think it's okay. It does seem slow... but I like the music the pops out when you use it. ^^;
I want to unlock Agitha but I just don't have enough of the map uncovered yet, I guess. I got Ruto fine though.
Oh well, back to playing more now... lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And for above, Flop, I can't see your image. It shows up as a black rectangle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah, just pulled it into a different tab. Nevermind. Maybe bombing the statues?... I'm not sure.

I know. It's ridiculous. I can get the two mini imprisoned down but then the final one? Forget it... Guess I just need to amp up Fi's game with some shiny new badges. xP
I just got the wind waker, and I think it's okay. It does seem slow... but I like the music the pops out when you use it. ^^;
I want to unlock Agitha but I just don't have enough of the map uncovered yet, I guess. I got Ruto fine though.
Oh well, back to playing more now... lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And for above, Flop, I can't see your image. It shows up as a black rectangle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah, just pulled it into a different tab. Nevermind. Maybe bombing the statues?... I'm not sure.
The Baton was a good idea.....but no. It's horrible.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, the Power Bracelet moves the statues :)

Don't forget one of the rarest materials in the game!
Lana's Clothes!!!
Seriously, how can you get that item without it being creepy?

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Wind Waker is terrible. Honestly, most secondary weapons are terrible. I hate the Gauntlets, I hate the Naginata, I hate the Deku Spear and I hate the Wind Waker. The Fire Rod is like the only one I can stand, but even then it's not an incredible weapon.

I haven't used the Gauntlets yet, so I can't judge them. Lana's Spear is horrible but it looks amazing next to the Wind Waker. The Naginata is okay, but Impa's other weapon and other fire-type weapons completely overshadow it. Fire Rod is one of my favorite weapons, but maybe because I got a Level 3 Magical Rod with 5 stars...
420 Power! That's incredible!!!

Last edited:
Eh, that Imprisoned mission wasn't so bad with Fi after I leveled her up. I got her to 40 and it was fine.

Last edited:
CH3u4IX.jpg

I really wanna level up Link so I can level up my characters more, but I don't have the patience to do so. *sigh*

Back