• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Legends Z-A General Discussion

While X & Y had no shortage of negative aspects (they were ridiculously easy and they didn't even bother to raise the levels of the Elite Four's teams for rematches, the rival friend group were the most underwhelming and least interesting in the series, Team Flare is probably the worst villain team, etc.), there are still some things I like about those games and Kalos in general. Since they cancelled production of the original Z and we got Zygarde content awkwardly thrown into Alola in the Sun & Moon games, I'm definitely on board for a Legends game set in Kalos.

In regards to Mega Evolutions I'd like to see, aside from the ones that @Snek mentioned, all of which I agree with, as I look through the Pokémon available in the Kalos Pokédex:

- Flygon is one that definitely felt like it was overlooked in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire so I'd like to see it get its chance now.

- I feel like maybe a Mega Garbodor could be a good one given the setting. It seems like a Mega Garbodor would make for a cool boss fight.

- I'd also quite like a Mega Fearow since I'm someone who has always preferred Fearow over Pidgeot.

- Along the same lines, I feel like the anime committed character assassination of Raichu and it constantly lives in Pikachu's shadow, so I'd like a Mega Raichu too.

- A really extravagant Mega Chandelure with more arms could be cool.

- How about a Mega Gothitelle with a fancy, regal dress?

As for some that likely won't happen, I'd personally like Mega Gourgeist and Mega Escavalier since they're some of my favorites, but they're really doubtful. Cacnea and Cacturne weren't in Kalos and thus likely won't show up here, but Cacturne is another of my favorites and is a Pokémon I felt would've benefited a lot from a Mega Evolution back in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire as well since normal Cacturne's survivability and speed are terrible to compensate for its high Attack and Special Attack. Alas, it probably missed its chance forever. And this is where I mourn that Regigigas will never get a Primal Reversion or Mega Evolution to make it at all useful.

Whatever we end up getting in the end, I'm looking forward to this game.

Did anyone catch the “SOEYUE” bit? Someone had this theory and I feel like it could very well be true. Also people pointed out it’s an anagram for “see you” or “you see”
IMG_2514.jpeg

Someone also said the game seems to be “alphabet” themed. My boyfriend joked that there could be a new legendary called alphabetus and I was like hmm…Unown’s final form? XD I’ve seen at least one fan design of an Unown evolution with all the forms stuck together as one and I feel like that’s not entirely off the table given how much emphasis was placed on Unown in the trailer.

Another idea my bf had: a new force of nature, maybe a grass type. The A in the logo looks like it has leafy veins on it. I wonder if this new force of nature thing will be a trend for legends games or not.

i LOVED x and y when i first played them and i poured the absolute most time into gen 6 so i'm really looking forward to these games. i was absolutely not expecting a legends zygarde but i'm absolutely ok with it. and i'm so happy its not coming out for a while, so they are really going to be able to perfect it. i just played arceus for the first time, so it's all really fresh to me which is exciting.

i'm definitely getting a futuristic vibe, not a historical game. there's so much potential for megas which i'm really excited for. the obvious ones like milotic, flygon, etc. but i really hope they continue with the super left field ones. like imagine a mega snorlax or a mega granbull. hell, audino got a mega, why not give one to smeargle or miltank. something crazy stupid. but as long as half of them aren't kanto mons i'll be chill

the only gripe i have is they need to figure out battling. i hate it in legends. its so bad

im really happy with where the series is going. sword and shield kinda lost me, and scarlet and violet weren't much better. it really took me replaying gen 4 (specifically hgss) to fall in love with pokemon again, but i love the legends format (other than battling lol)

I really loved the classic Pokemon games (Gen 1 - 4 were peak). I really hoped for another go remake silver/gold.

I hope they take their time and put effort into the game. The last Pokemon had so many performance issues and the world itself was just not good. They have to step up their game.

I really loved the classic Pokemon games (Gen 1 - 4 were peak). I really hoped for another go remake silver/gold.

I hope they take their time and put effort into the game. The last Pokemon had so many performance issues and the world itself was just not good. They have to step up their game.
This. I hope the game is released in an actually finished state and not as an untested beta version. But it’s releasing in 2025, so that gives me hope since that would likely mean it’s been in development for a while.

I like the franchise very much, have plenty of good memories associated with it, but I was greatly disappointed year by year by a last few main games, so now I have love/hate relationship with the Pokemon series. I really wish Gamefreak would do a better job, but well, I'm not going to complain (...ok, I will a little, sorry) on that here.

So with that small introduction, I was sure that whatever they announced, nothing would excite me. I was wrong. Gen VI has a special place in my heart and megas were definitely the best gimmick of them all. Legends Arceus was a nice refreshment to the series and I quite enjoyed it, so yeah, my first thought was "omg yes please!!!". But when I saw on twitter that it will be a new adventure set entirely within Lumiose City, all my hopes died out instantly. It will be once again rushed, buggy game with half assed graphics, and once again I will play it at some point and actually have fun. But I really, really wish it would be much more than it will be 😔

Still, it's gen VI, so I will be waiting with anticipation much bigger than I had for any other of the recent Pokemon games. I don't like the idea of restricting the gameplay to the Lumiose City only, but I'm curious to see what they come up with. Don't have high hopes though, I don't trust in Gamefreak at all at this point.

wait, it'll be only Lumiose City? well fudge, that's a downgrade from arceus if I've seen one. (and people thought GF couldn't ruin the Legends subseries...)

Okay yes, I'll take this over a Unova remake any day. It's about time we head back to Kalos, one way or another. Not what we were expecting at all, THAT'S for sure lol I always said GameFreak should give it some attention again, and here it is at last, the hopefully not sucky redemption 🖤💚🖤💚🖤 it actually would be extremely interesting if it takes place during the war. Would love Pokémon to take a darker Cacturne for the better, we need high stakes. We need to be a part of the action, unlike SwSh. RBY had the player more involved in stuff and that's really saying something lol

X/Y weren't necessarily bad games, it's just that imo they was pretty forgettable, aside from the debut of Mega Evolution. Lame rivals, lame villains, lame plot, lame champion, awful Gym Leader battle theme (my least favorite in the series) and overall too easy, and that's without even using Exp. Share.

My favorite things about X/Y were being able to roller skate (I guess it was their way of testing a non-grid movement style, one we would see return in ORAS and subsequent games) and the Gen 6 Pokémon themselves. Some designs are outstanding, but was extremely disappointed by how many were introduced, lowest ever at 72 new mons compared to Gen 5, which introduced a staggering 156 unique creatures not related to any previous Pokémon in terms of evolution. Gen 3 was actually really close to being the first games to do that, had it not been for Azurill and Wynaut lol

The ost itself does have some tracks I really enjoy, such as Route 2 & 3, Parfum Palace, Santalune Forest and Laverre City, and some other ones, too. And some of the overworld environments were really stunning to see at the time. Flabébé and its evolutions, Dedenne and Xerneas are my favorite Gen 6 Fairy types, and I'm one of the few people who really digs Diggersby lol 🐇💖

But yeah, I only ever finished one playthrough of my copy of X before selling it because I was just so underwhelmed by it. It's only in recent times I found myself wanting to revisit Kalos, give it another chance, rediscover places. Unless the game only takes place in Lumiose City as its main hub, then uh-oh..... 😬

I had immense fun with PLA's gameplay style so this should be a treat. But I won't go in with too high expectations. After all, it's a Pokémon game of the modern era and we all know how THOSE have been so amazing lately xD

I do have a copy of X that I haven't beat (my team can't even beat the elite 4, yet they swept Victory Road somehow), so maybe I'll beat it in celebration of this coming out! now if only I remembered what my team was....

View attachment 538464

Yeah, it seems like it...
Maybe its just from a lack of information. How are we supposed to catch Pokémon in the game then if its entirely in Lumiose City? Again, most likely a lack of info so the next trailer will probably give us more detail and game information.

I'm hesitantly excited. I want to know more about it before I get super hype but I really enjoy PL:A so I'm really hoping this one is good too.

I was a bit put off too when I noticed that it'll only be in lumiose. I really wanted to see an older Laverre city with its big tree and village houses. I'm still trying to keep an open mind though.
And maybe we'll learn the ghost girl's story? I think most of her appearances were in lumiose hotels/office buildings

I was a bit put off too when I noticed that it'll only be in lumiose. I really wanted to see an older Laverre city with its big tree and village houses. I'm still trying to keep an open mind though.
And maybe we'll learn the ghost girl's story? I think most of her appearances were in lumiose hotels/office buildings
It won't be only in Lumiose City. There is no possible way we'll be able to find wild Onix or Gyarados in downtown Lumiose. Like I mentioned before, it was probably lost in translation and that Lumiose will act as a hub like Jubilife did in Legends Arceus. If it does indeed only happen in Lumiose, then the game is more inferior in my opinion than Arceus, even with Megas in.

I am also curious about the ghost girl. I'm sure it was only just a joke by GF but it would be nice to expand the lore of Kalos in this game, something that was missing in the X&Y games as a result of no "Pokémon Z".

I still desire a game that focuses on Jhoto and Celebi; with the power of Celebi, being able to travel through time and find Pokemon you can't normally find in specific times.
Imagine going to the past, and encountering fossil pokemon in grassy areas. But alas, maybe next time Nintendo. Being able to use time travel to change things to benefit yourself in the world.
Okay, lemmie stop with those ideas for now.

I am slightly interested in what we currently see (I still feel Jhoto vibes because of the unown), but it feels and would be really cool if we're part of the people who are designing the city, and get to place what shops where? I dunno, from the descrption from the News on my switch that's what it felt like.
I vaguely remember how everyone was thinking there should be a Z, not just with how we started with X and Y; so should end with Z. Plus from Diamond and Pearl then having Platnium.
I don't really remember much of X and Y story, but I have the games still and haven't finished them. I forgot how Zyarde could change forms, and I imagine that might be used in the game. I am glad it's taking over a year though; so there's a lot more time to go through story, battle formats, things people wanna see and dont that they've known.

I've always wondered if they would ever try and make a game where you can combine Pokemon to make something new like we always do online.

We have a lack of grass mega evultions~ I am unsure which I would like to see XD

Edit: wait, if there is another switch on the way, that shouldnt be a problem playing the same games on both switches? If there is one? I cant honestly imagine what another switch could do?

Last edited:
I really liked the last Legends game so I hope this one ends up being just as good if not better. I know many people were mixed on gen 6 in general but I enjoyed it. I started getting back into Pokemon around that time after a couple year break so I’m interested to see what they do with this one.

I wonder if the starter trailer theory will be correct for the ZA starters. For those that don't know, in the trailer for the Indigo Disk showcasing the starters, all of the Hisuian starters were paired with starters speculated as the potential starters for ZA. Cyndaquil was paired with Torchic. Oshawott was paired with Piplup. Rowlet was paired with Snivy. You can go rewatch the trailer and see it yourself if you don't believe me but its not like Pokemon hasn't put teasers for future games before. The Strange Souvenir hinted at Alola. The Toxtricity poster in the Alola games hinted at Galar. Its not out of the realm of possibility that this could also be a teaser. Let's see if its truly a teaser or just a troll...

I think another trailer would hype me even more, hopefully showcasing the new starters. I would also hope for perhaps new Megas and few returning one and some gameplay. I'm definitely going to buy this game (because it has Aegislash) but I would like more gameplay to see if it will be interesting to replay. It would be nice if all Megas were in but I think a few might be dexited like the Mega Latis and Mega Ray.

I just want litten to be the fire starter. I usually always pick him, and he's become my favorite fire starter. If he were to get a mega though, I may not even use it because what would that even look like lol

I know X and Y were made fun of because of easy it was and how the story wasn't all that interesting. I mean it does have lore do it but it was just never explained well and it there is alot of loop holes that is left as mystery such was Why was Zygarde in the underground and Why couldn't we explore the Southeren part of Kalos?

I really hope Legends ZA tries to answer these questions and it tries to give us more of an understanding about Zygarde because the only things we know about this Pokemon is that according to Bulbapedia "Zygarde keeps a close watch on the planet and on its two counterparts Xerneas and Yveltal, ensuring the equilibrium of the planet and the cycle of life and death are kept in check. Normally, Zygarde avoids getting involved in conflicts unless the ecosystem is in grave danger."

In the anime Lysandre tried to control Zygarde and to "Destory the world to make a more beautiful world for him and Team Flare only" I don't know if he will be returning in ZA or if someone related to Lysandre could be important. Not to mention AZ the man who was the one who built the Ultimate Weapon and to bring in end to the Pokemon War. He also used it to give life back to his Floaette, but it left him when it saw the destruction of the Pokemon war.

There are just so many things from X and Y that never made sense to me and I just hope Legends AZ tries to do a better job of explaining the lore of Kalos and Zygarde.

Last edited:
Back