• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Legends Z-A General Discussion

Snek

Time To Party 🎉
Bells
Switch
0744-8044-4420
Tasty Cake
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Tasty Cake
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Pokemon Presents literally fooled us into thinking Johto. Instead we got Kalos!

Pokemon Legends Z-A!

Travelling back Lumiose City and possibly new Megas! Feel free to discuss.

1709043922452.png

Last edited:
Now that I've collected my thoughts I'll list all of the things that they should keep and fix for this upcoming Legends Z-A game.

KEEP:
- Trade evo items become single use items. For example, like the Linking Cord did in Legends Arceus with Golem, Alakazam, Gengar and Machamp.
- Overworld shinies that make a noise when nearby
- Crafting certain items. I know some dislike crafting but I feel it should be added more titles so fans can get used to it more
- Keep the single player aspect. I liked that Legends Arceus was focused on single player.
- Whatever they give to Zygarde to make him broken should stay in Legends Z-A. Just like how they made the Legend Plate stay in Legends Arceus.

FIX:
- Add IV system and breeding
- Add more trainer battles. The lack of trainer battles made the game sort of underwhelming at a certain point.
- Add more cities than Lumiose. It looks like we are going to help build Lumiose but hopefully they will add more locations like Camphrier Town and the castle.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Here are Megas that I want them to add:

- Chesnaught
- Delphox
- Greninja (anything to fade AshGreninja out of memory)
- Aegislash
- Pyroar (would be good for future XY remake with Lysandre)
- Milotic
- Flygon (yes.)
- Dragonite (give him something GF!)
- Hydreigon

That's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know down below which Megas you are looking forward to seeing!

I hope we can transfer save data from arceus. Like, they could say your player character is travelling to early civilization Kalos to try and establish good relationships with Hisui (probably namechanged to Sinnoh by now) and the Galaxy Federation.

Looks interesting. I'll definitely be getting it day 1, as Pokemon is my favorite franchise, and a Legends game really is a treat. Now it's time to wait and see if they actually do it well... 👀

Wow. I haven’t gotten any of the other Switch Pokémon games, but I have to get this. Even if I did think Kalos was kind of mediocre, this makes up for not having Pokémon Z.

The promo video reminded me of Digimon Cyber Sleuth's digital world setting. I wonder if we'll get something like that if the game is held in the future of Lumiose. It'll be nice to visit Lumiose again (hopefully) without the terrible controls and camera angles lol. I'm looking forward to seeing actual gameplay.

I'm also curious as to why they're waiting til next year for a Pokemon game instead of rushing out everything like they normally do. It's sus lol and makes me think we're getting another game this year.

considering the title is Legends Z-A, AZ's Floette has to show up in some form, GF would be stupid not to do it. also will we be participating in the Kalos War as the plot for this game?
I doubt GF would put players in a war. It could happen some time after it, but not during. It will be interesting to see what the plot for this game will be...

Starters:

I forgot to mention the possible starters in my earlier post!

I saw someone online mention that Snivy, Torchic and Piplup were good options.
Snivy based on French nobility
Torchic based on a rooster, a symbol of France
Piplup evolving into Empoleon. Both English and Japanese names reference Napoleon.

I liked all 3 as candidates but I would prefer Squirtle be substituted for Piplup.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! Lumiose City was one of my favourite places, regardless of how confusing it was to get around LOL I just hope they have expanded their CLOTHING OPTIONS 💕

I was wondering whether Gamefreak would end up "skipping" gen 5 because they might have considered The Indigo Disk DLC enough of a throwback to Unova that they felt they didn't need to make an actual remake, but I was still surprised to see this nonetheless. I'm sure they figured that the return of mega evolutions would be a draw for all the people clamoring for it to return. I never played Legends Arceus and I don't know if I'll necessarily get this game either, but I appreciate that it seems to be maybe not as far back in the past as Arceus is.

KALOS REMAKE LET'S FRICKING GOOOOOOO

Honestly, I consider myself a causal Pokemon fan who enjoys watching the anime over the games and the games are not really fun for me and I'm not interested in the trading card game, I haven't wanted to play a Pokemon game since when I got Pokemon X and Sun and I thought I would never buy another Pokemon game ever again but I might actually get this????

It was definitely a surprise since I'm sure we were all expecting to get game that takes place in any older region but Kalos- but I'm looking forward to hearing more about it! pokemon z is finally here :D
I'm also interested in the timeframe when it takes place and the new lore that goes with it. I'd love to learn more about events leading up to the war, but i feel like that's not realistically going to happen- It seems to take place waaay after the ultimate weapon went off. X/Y took place 2,000 years after the weapon fired and there's no way Lumiose is over 2000 years old, especially with the architecture from the trailer looking the way that it is. Also- Since it's a legends game, does that mean we're getting new regional forms?
And yooo, megas were confirmed in the teaser!! I'm super excited for what this means for the card game, megas are one of my favorite rulebox card types! I can imagine the SAR megas now... it'll be too good. Maybe this means some megas like Banette that didn't get a card will get one this time?? And as for new megas, it'd be awesome to see Milotic and Dusknoir get their time to shine. 🤞

Man, I remember when they first announced XY with this trailer right when 2013 started. The community was sooooo hyped. I talked about it with a lot of my old mutuals afterwards. The starters genuinely looked cool and interesting. The whole X/Y titles was very unique. The eventually revealed mega evolutions and new fairy types, which were both some of their best ideas in my opinion. My favorite though, was how awesome yveltal was. It's still a thing of beauty to me. My favorite legendary to this day. My biggest issue with XY though, was how lacking they were with new pokemon. There was also very little legendaries, especially with how much generations 4 and 5 spoiled us with them. I'm hoping for not only new megas, but new pokemon. New regional forms. New legendaries. Arceus did give us that though, so I'm certain this game will as well. The game was also clearly rushed and had issues, especially with Lumoise City. At least it won't be a disaster with the switch.

I'd definitely LOVE mega flygon (he needs love) I would also like mega zoroark and also mega evolutions for xerneas/yveltal/zygarde because they are the mascots. Also, palkia and dialga both got their own origin forms in arceus. New mega evolutions is ALSO great for pokemon go players because we know they will release them in for the mobile game in the near future. I don't want to jinx but... my brother asked what if they release mega charizard Z and mewtwo z? Fans would be sooooo mad lmao

I also have a prediction as too why we didn't really see anything in the trailer. I feel like we are getting Switch 2 in late 2024 and Pokemon Legends A-Z will be a new title for the console. They will probably reveal more for the game after the console is revealed. That's just me though. I certainly hope I am right about it.

i really do wholeheartedly believe Gamefreak will give us mega flygon. I mean with other controversial decisions like making sprigatito’s final evolution bipedal at least some people were in favor of it or neutral even though a lot of people hated and memed on it. With mega flygon, I feel like the fandom is almost unanimous on it. I could see why genwunners don’t like megas but they probably wouldn’t play the game anyway plus literally who doesn’t love flygon???

Flygon mega would be cool, it's definitely deserving. Personally though? I'm really, really hoping for a Hydreigon mega. Hydreigon is one of my favorite Pokemon and definitely my favorite gen 5 Pokemon. I was sad when Fairy type was introduced because it essentially got shafted in the popularity department. A mega is just what it needs to bring it back into the spotlight again. 🌑 🐉

Back