• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How were you first introduced to Fire Emblem as a franchise? What was your first game?

brawl introduced me to fe and my first game was shadow dragon on the ds, it was on an r4 cartridge i had. i dont remember a whole lot about it though. the first one i remember finishing was awakening and i still have really fond memories of it despite some of its flaws, i prefer the older games mostly but awakening is still up there for me

unholy memories.
i borrowed a copy of brawl from my cousin when it was relatively new and he was over it and was very, very confused about marth being there because i absolutely had *no* idea what nintendo game he was from, let alone why he was there and i never had heard of fire emblem to begin with.

some years later i wound up playing the awakening demo when it was offered in the e-shop and was super stoked about it, despite the fact that tactical rpgs were never my strong suit to begin with. but i fell in love, bought the game when it came out over here and fell in love with the series. so far i've played awakening, fates, sov, 3 houses, the tellius games and i think sacred stones?

i do plan on touching the fe7 cartridge that i bought at some point, as well as kicking my butt and actually trying to beat the first map of fe4.

I was pretty late to the party despite how big of a fan I am of the series now that I’ve been working on playing all of the games.

For me it was thanks to the casual Anime Club at my college. A future friend (unfortunately no longer a friend but I’m not going into that) was playing Fates on his 3DS in front of me. I too had a 3DS but knew nothing of the Fire Emblem series other than what I saw of him playing and it looked really interesting. Since I wasn’t totally sure the series would be for me I stopped by the local used game shop the next day after class as I remembered seeing a Fire Emblem game there a few days before. Sure enough it was still there. It was a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening for $30 CAD so I bought it. It only had a single save file on it with like an hour, so safe to say the original owner didn’t care for it haha.

So yeah, I’ve only been an FE fan since Fates NA launch (Feb 2016) but I started with Awakening. I have played many of the games in the series though. I’m currently playing the Tellius games for the first time, but have otherwise played everything between and including Binding Blade to Three Houses.

I also plan on playing Genealogy and Thracia at some point hopefully. :)

I discovered it from my friend-who-I-consider-as-my-IRL-brother. He showed me the emulated unreleased Fire Emblem (JP) and then introduced me to Scared Stones and Blazing Blade! I was like around elementary at that time! Wooh, brings back so much memories just playing games with emulators. (LOL)

started and ended with awakening. i'd never heard of the series before a friend of mine recommended it. thoroughly enjoyed it, but i've never really been keen on any of the other games.

Oh boy. Fire emblem. The most beloved series of mine along with persona. I'm a figure collector and saw the then new Cordelia scale and I thought she looked really cool. I saw the Tharja figure before and I think I heard a thing or two about fire emblem. But I don't buy stuff from things I don't know so when Cordelia was aanounced I decicded to splunge on my very first console even and I bought 3ds along with awakening. I enjoyed a lot and imediatly went to play another entery which was Sacred Stones and I fell in love again, with the characters and the GBA style animations and sprites. I was super hyped when not long aftter Fates was announced and it looked like you could join the dark side and maybe become a baddie. Unfortunately when I played Conquest I hated the story and the avatar. The gameplay was cool and I liked the characters so I did complete it. Not too big on that though. Then Shadows of Valenta came out and it's one of my top 3 FE games I've played. I was following any news about Three Houses and when it came out I bought switch just so I could play it and join my babies in BL! I gotta say FE3H is my absolute favorite Fe game of all times. I love the story, the characters and how much time was put into the lore and all of it. I absolutely love story and character driven games. I've finished all the routes and attempted my very first high difficulty run. Right now I've completed BL on maddening with no NG+ (which is a huge achevement for me) and CF with the NG+ since I feared the second to last chapter. I'm doing my maddening GD run as of now. Also somewhere along the way I played FE7 and started Shadow Dragon and FE6 (haven't finished them yet as I'm busy with Persona 2)
Anyways I'm glad to see the love for fire emblem here! I'm definetely more green when it comes to animal crossing but thanks to fire emblem I got the chance to play NH since I wouldn't own a switch otherwise!

My grandma bought me FE7 for the GBA when I was younger. To this day I’m not sure why she decided on that game, but it ended up being one of my favourite games of all time. I played most of the games from then on. Still have my original GBA SP and cartridge from 2003 and I’m mid-way through a play through right now!

social media, probably? my first game was technically sacred stones but i never managed to finish it. i did pick up three houses last july though and kind of fell in love with it - have an embarrassing amount of hours on it even though ive only finished two routes lol. definitely plan on finishing it eventually (and replaying crimson flower) im a sucker for character and storytelling driven games and while its not perfect the world and lore just seem so fleshed out and investing.
currently playing through genealogy, really enjoying it too.

I was on reddit when I saw the fire emblem sub trending. I never knew the existence of this game so I decided to check it out. At that time fire emblem fates had released in Japan and everything I was seeing looked really interesting so I decided to search on previous titles. Since I was convinced on trying out Fates, I decided purchasing Awakening was a good idea to learn the mechanics of the game. After that I tried some of the older titles and have been hooked ever since!

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones on game boy advance. I was like 9 years old, didn't understand that units died forever and kept progressing when people died. I was wondering why I had less people to use every map. Ended up at a point where I only had healers left and couldnt progress. Never played FE again until awakening, many many years later. Now I'm a fan

I was introduced to FE by a friend who worked at Gamestop and told me to get Awakening. I did and loved it. I got Birthright but started to hate it so I dropped the money for Revelations and it made the story much better imo. I’m glad Three Houses didn’t follow Conquest/Birthright in terms of hiding a vital storyline behind a DLC purchase. That really ticked me off.

I LOVE the gameplay and the support conversations. I view the supports as my reward after battles, I start pairing people up for rapport asap.

I have no idea. It was a long time ago, pre-Smash. I probably read about it in some video game magazine in the '90s or something. But I didn't actually play any Fire Emblem games until Awakening, and that's so far the only one I've played.

my first game was awakening (i think i heard about it through spotpass, and recognised the series title from ssb brawl?), but i didn’t finish it for years because my sister left my game case on a plane. :/ i finally got a new copy last year. i enjoyed it a lot, but half of the characters were forgettable.

i actually really liked fates (esp conquest), though it is flawed. i played all 3 routes.

i haven’t started SoV yet because it came out at a pretty rough time in my life, and when i finally had time to play video games again, more things had already come out, and i prioritized them. i think i’m going to play it after i finish BotW.

FE3H is awesome. i got my switch just to play it. i finished the golden deer and black eagles’ routes, but pokémon sword/shield came out in the middle of my blue lions playthrough, and i’m still not done with it. i did play the dlc as soon as it came out, though.

i’d like to get into some of the older titles, but i can’t really devote much time to it because of college. i hope they remake one of the JP exclusive ones next!

Last edited:
I guess technically Melee was the first game to introduce me to the Fire Emblem characters and even though I played Roy a lot, I had no idea for a long time that he was even from Fire Emblem. Never even bothered to look it up.

The first Fire Emblem game I owned was Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, but I never even played the game. In fact, I still have the game in its original packaging unopened. I wonder if its worth anything?

The first game I actually played was Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Think my Mom randomly bought it for me and I loved it! Still my favorite Fire Emblem game to date :3 Since then I've played nearly all of the english releases, including Sacred Stones but I played it on an emulator because I didn't even know I had the actual game until I found it one day but at that point, I was too scared to open it in case it was worth something haha.

I honestly have no clue and can’t trace it back to the origins but for the sake of safety I’ll assume I first heard it through smash.
I first got into it however when I looked up that’s so Raven and found Raven from FE. Still my fav character

I remeber it really well because its was when i was i had my old gameboy advance ( still have it with pokemone sapphire ) and the only other games i had were sapphire and advanced wars. it was fire emblem: the sacred stones and i loved all three. fire emblem was also one of the games that gave me my love for strategy games.

Fuuin no Tsurugi, on the GBA (the one that wasn't officially translated to English). Then I played the other 2 GBA titles, and after that, the first one on the Famicom. When Awakening was announced I expected it to be great, and when I finally bought it, I was disappointed beyond belief. I absolutely hate the direction this series is going to, with rpg and visual novel elements. There's a reason why I love the Wars series as a whole, but with FE, I only like a few entries.

The Wars series is great, with completely tactical games - I didn't play Battalion Wars and I consider it more of a spin-off - that appeal to my liking. FE started as a hardcore strategy game and after coming to the west, it was slowly getting downgraded to another generic tactical game with anime style and fan service.

Like a lot of other people, I found out about Fire Emblem through Smash Bros. I've only played the GBA ones, but they were pretty good. Never really had an itch to play any of the other games.

Last edited:
Man I was pretty late to the series. My first FE game was Awakening and I really loved the turn-based tactical combat, as well as the relationship systems (I had fun pairing up the different characters and seeing how this affected their kids haha). Also, Gaius is the cutest.

Back