• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How were you first introduced to Fire Emblem as a franchise? What was your first game?

I first played on my 3ds- I was vaguely aware of the series, I had seen it around the place in stores and on the internet but knew very little about it. I went to EB games one day because they were having a pretty decent sale and fire emblem awakening was one of their sale items. The box art was appealing and I had heard that it was a decent series so I bought it. I have played every game from awakening onwards and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately I don’t collect retro and can’t play the older games.

I've only recently started playing, with Three Houses! My best friend got me into the game a little while back, because she fell in love with it and wanted me to get into too, so I did. cx I'm only part way through my first run, but I'm loving it a lot, which is surprising because I've never really played a game like this and was a little worried I wouldn't fit well with it at first.

I was introduced to Fire Emblem in Brawl. Didn't really main Marth or Ike.

My first game was Sacred Stones (which I still need to beat) from the Ambassador Program

My first experience with Fire Emblem was when I played Super Smash Bros. Melee at my friend's house as a kid. I really liked playing as Roy since I thought he had cool attacks, and I liked reading about their trophy descriptions. I was a bummed out when I found out that most of the games from the series were only released in Japan. Eventually, my first Fire Emblem game was Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. Now, Fire Emblem is one of my favorite games and it introduced me to the tactical RPG genre, with other amazing games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Pokemon Conquest.

when i first got into fire emblem i just happened to see the sacred stones advance game at game stop one day and was like 'oh this looks interesting' and when i tried to play it i was like 'WHAT WHY IS THIS CHARACTER DEAD? CAN'T I REVIVE THEM? NOOOO' and never looked back to fire emblem till awakening and fates came out xD and thats when i started to like the franchise lol

A friend bought me Awakening on my birthday for me. At the time he liked it (now he thinks it is terrible). After Awakening, I got Fates and regrettably most of the DLC. I also played a little of I think FE6 - whichever had Lyn and Elliwood. I never got to meet Elliwood. I played it on a friend’s console but never had a chance to finish it. I also got Fire Emblem Echoes but still have to beat it. Awakening and Fates, in spite of the flaws I saw in some aspects of the games or the stories (or both), I felt those ones helped me a lot in determining whether I’d play other ones. As bad as the character writing and localization (and censorship in Fates since they left out a lot from dialogues) was, I still grew really attached to the characters and enjoyed the story. I think Awakening’s story seemed to make more sense. Fates’s story had a lot of issues but I stilldid enjoy it (then again, it wasn’t until much later after i played them multiple times all routes, when I found out how they changed some characters’ personalities, dialogue, etc).

I heard a lot of good things about Three Houses but I was still hesitant about getting it when I looked at getting it for Christmas. Usually right away, before starting the game, I’ll see one character that will strike my interest, but I did not see any with three houses (maybe felix.) I was definitely not impressed with Byleth’s designs. I got it and played five playthroughs in a row, that’s how much I loved it. Now I like a majority of the characters and appreciate their designs (still don’t care for Byleth’s much) :). I love this game so much; it just broke me having to fight my favorites that can’t be recruited into a different house lol.

a friend told me a story about awakening that occurred in their file when i was 16, and i thought it was funny enough that it’d be worth me buying the game myself to check it out. didn’t really get interested the first time i played, but i picked it up again a few months later and got hooked. really embarrassingly hooked. played every modfe game in the series that came out after (can’t stand fates but enjoyed a lot of the characters and conquest gameplay, loved sov dearly, enjoyed 3h during my first verdant wind file but have grown incredibly weary of it since) & have played or seen lps for just about every other game in the series bar the elibe ones 😭

it’s one of my favourite game series at this point but my investment is in huge part because i like looking at the good concepts that weren’t executed well and thinking how to improve or expand on them, since there’s a lot to comment about.

Mine was also Smash Bros Melee! But my first actual Fire Emblem game was Fire Emblem Awakening! I really should play it again and actually beat it lol.

Back