• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How were you first introduced to Fire Emblem as a franchise? What was your first game?

I was introduced to the series through the fire emblems heroes app! It got me interested in the characters to check out the games in the main series

My first was the one just called Fire Emblem when it originally came to the West. I cant remember what it was later subtitled as, but it's the one with Lyn in it. My grandparents bought it me when we went to the Trafford Center and they said "pick a game" in Electronics Boutiqe. I just thought it looked neat.

I didnt play Melee until later on so that had no influence, but I cant remember whether that's because Fire Emblem came out first or I was just late getting Melee. Even then, I dont think I really connected the dots to Marth or Roy representing the series, or just not caring about them because they weren't in a game I had played...Which still kinda holds true today, where I dont really care when I know them from Smash more than their own games i havent had a chance to play.

The first FE game I played was Sacred Stones for GBA, it was fun at first but it started to get really boring a few chapters in. It teally put me off from trying another FE game. However, I’ve heard so much praise about FE Awakening and so many people said I should try it. I finally bought it years after it was released when it was on sale for like 50% off on the eshop. I played for a couple hours and stopped. Not because I was bored, just had a lot on my plate then.

I still plan on eventually giving it another try.

My much older sister use to just buy me & my siblings a bunch of random games she thought we might like. It so happens Fire Emblem GBA was one of those games. So me & my lil brother played that for a little bit. That was such a long time ago, never ended up playing a fire emblem game after that. Although I did choose Roy & Marth a time or two in Super Smash Brothers Melee. I was considering buying & playing fire emblem three houses, but still undecided.

I think I discovered it after taking a liking to Advance Wars on the Game Boy Advanced. After that I rolled into the franchise but didn't get really hooked until I fell in love with Path of Radiance. Its still my favourite. I love the franchise, I think its my fave together with Zelda. Ofcourse I love AC as well, lol.

Probably via Smash, and my very first was some GBA game that was included with the Ambassador thing on 3ds(this was before NN ID accounts so I never had it bc I sold/gave away that one 3ds dumb as I was..) It was good but I don't recommend to start with it lol

I remember people playing the one on GBA when I was in school. I wanted it, but had no money back then. I only got games for birthdays and Christmas, couldn't buy it for myself. So...I never got it. I still haven't played a single game in the franchise. But, yeah...that was my introduction to it...(seeing other kids play it and being like "I want that")...but then never getting it, even after all these years. Lol.

i started with shadows of valentia! i almost finished it but chickened out at celia's last dungeon (and alm's lol). i enjoyed the combat a fair bit but, the characters and voice acting deffs werent my favorite. after that i played three houses - all my friends had it and they just kept ranting and raving about how great it was and i was like, okay i have to pick this game up lmao. long story short i played golden deer to completion, finished black eagles, went halfway with blue lions and now i have 245 hours in the game it totally consumed me lmao 🙃

for three houses i played with japanese voice acting which definitely helped a lot. i dunno why but i always prefer it over english in games! dont remember if shadows of valentia had jpn tho; think it was either english or nothing? again not sure. but VA very largely contributed to my enjoyment of FE3H - it adds so much emotion to the scenes!! and how many characters that i related to a lot. and how well it conveys the changes between school life + war time aaaa i could go on and on about the three houses!

and now im playing sacred stones (only in the beginning so far) and its definitely a change of pace and playstyle, but i really like the protags so far :)

I first became familiar with the series with Super Smash Bros for the gamecube. Marth was my favorite character to play. The first Fire Emblem that I played was Awakening which got me more interested in the series and the lore of the series. I have also played Three houses and the Blue Lions quickly became my favorite route.

I guess really the first time I was ever "introduced" to fire emblem was to all the fire emblem chracters in Brawl. After that my first game I played was Awakening, then going back to play the older games. Since then I've played every fire emblem game excluding some of the oldies.

Hello!

I would love to know how you were first introduced to the Fire Emblem franchise, what was your first FE game, etcetc!

My first introduction was actually Super Smash Bros Melee when I was like 11 years old, where Marth and Roy were playable characters (I became a Roy main and my friend hated playing against me haha).

When I saw those two, I wanted to play a Fire Emblem game myself really badly. Sadly, those were next to impossible to get, as I come from a small country of Europe where Nintendo consoles and games were very rare sadly.

However, when I went on a vacation with my parents, there was a toy shop at the airport where they were selling a legit copy of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.

I was absolutely shocked and my parents bought it for me as present for later (don't remember if it was Birthday or Christmas). That's when I was introduced to Eirika and Ephraim, my first two protagonists of the many FE games. I grew to love the franchise and got more games as the time went on. I got my hands on Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (with Lyndis, Eliwood and Hector), Shadow Dragon (finally a game where I could play Marth), Heroes and lastly Three Houses.

Would love to hear your stories as well!

Yet to try it but it's in my next bundle of purchases, i've wanted to try it for a while and people keep seem to mention it here so it can only be a good sign. I really, really enjoyed Valkyria chronicles and I've heard that the games are similar in battle style, one of my favourite parts about the VC series.

I was first introduced to Fire Emblem through Awakening. I had heard of the series before, namely through SSB, but was never as interested in it till Awakening came out. I remember being at checkout for the game when the cashier began telling his coworker how much Awakening sucks LOL. that discouraged me at first, but once I began playing I loved it. It's definitely one of my top favorite series to play :>

I was first introduced when Awakening came out then i got the mobile app then Shadow dragon and the blade of light then most recently three houses

Awakening like many others

I have played Fates (kinda cringe), Blazing Blade, Shadows of Valentia, and plenty of Heroes although I had to quit after my gacha addiction.

Love the series. Not much time to play too many games atm so i haven't gotten the chance to play 3 houses unfortunately

-snip-

I also plan on playing Genealogy and Thracia at some point hopefully. :)

I am proud to update that I have finished Genealogy (highly recommend) and I’m about 3/4 of the way through Thracia.

Next I plan on getting through FE 1-3 especially now that 1 is on the Switch. :)

I was introduced to Fire Emblem through Super Smash Bros. Melee like a bunch of people were, though I never was too interested in the series when growing up and never ended up actually playing a game in the series until Fire Emblem: Three Houses in 2019. Then I ended up going back and playing through Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (which I actually owned before Three Houses but never got around to playing, lol) as well. Those remain the only 2 Fire Emblem games I've played so far, though I definitely want to play more games from the series now since I enjoyed both of them!

I first bought my 3ds mainly to play Harvest Moon: ANB and New Leaf. When looking for more games to buy, I noticed that some of my 3ds friends (more like trading partners) were playing Awakening. I then looked up reviews and gameplay mechanics before buying.

The story was entertaining and I adored the cast, so I was impressed with the series. After that, I played Blazing Blade and then abandoned it, because I messed up at some point. Then I played Eirika’s route in Sacred Stones and loved, loved, loved it! I still need to play Ephraim’s route though... After that, I bought and played Fates, Echoes, and Three Houses.

I think I had seen Fire Emblem around but the game itself wasn't very common prior to Awakening. I was very excited to see Kozaki Yusuke being brought on as character designer so I managed to find a copy of Blazing Blade and loved it.

Then I preordered the console edition from the US and waited. I think it cost me $400 because we didn't get special consoles in Aus... yet? Not sure.

I'm so proud of everything kozaki's been involved in since! Would love to see more of Hidari (illustrator/character designer for Echoes/ Atelier Dust Trilogy / Toukiden) in the future... probably.

I was first introduced to the Fire Emblem series in Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate. I mained Lucina, and became interested in what game she was from.

I saw that she was from the Fire Emblem series, so I got one of the most recent FE games, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I actually made a post on here about whether or not I should get the game.

FE3H is the only Fire Emblem game I've played, but I'm definitely interested in the franchise! I'm on my second run of the game, both runs being on the Azure Moon route. I'm hoping to be able to try out the other games whenever I can!

Back