• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How old where you when you first played AC?

I was 10 when I was introduced to City Folk. What's funny is that I was attracted to the bus on the box art that took you to the city, because it reminded me heavily of a school bus.

I'm 23 now, and needless to say, I'm huge into the series, and my main job involves me driving kids to school. Thank you, City Folk bus. I owe you big time.

Kapp%27n_SSBU_Assist.png

I had the gamecube version so uhh likely like 10 or 11? Not 100 sure I know I had a used copy!

I was 11 or 12. I honestly have no idea what caused me to play it. I THINK I rented it from the store and then bought it used from Gamestop, so maybe the cover drew me in. This was the original Gamecube one. I have fond memories spending hours playing it when I got home from a church group thing I had to do in the summer.

I was 7 or 8. A girl in my grandparent’s neighborhood had it on the GameCube and my cousin & I would go to her house to play all the time. Crazy to think this game has been in my life for 20 years!

i was 9 when i started my first new leaf file, i remember BEGGING my mom to give me extra money to buy the game.

I was 10. My first game was City Folk.
I am 25 now, and have played all five. I recently started playing the original and City Folk for the first time in years. :,)

I don't fully remember my age back then

I remember getting the game and having to follow my mom to a craft store last minute late evening and I had nothing to do but open my new wild world game as I sat on the isle shelf near the floor. My imagination was immediately captured and I quickly found some really good friends. I don't remember how I did I was awful at searching the internet, pretty sure it was a friend of a friend of a friend before I found people who stuck around.

I must have been around 13 as well seeing everyone else's ages. I'm 31 now too

I have a brother who is two years older, he got a Nintendo DS Lite as a Christmas present when he was 6 and I was 4, he would let me play occasionally but I literally had to beg him, and most of the time were my parents who would forced him to give it to me to keep me quiet😅 All the kids had an R4(a flashcard) with lots of games inside, even though it was illegal and the police often took them off the stores, they never stopped selling them! Lol
On my brother's flashcard were beautiful games that would leave me with a lifelong input to this day, such as Pokémon, Professor Layton, The Sims, Super Mario 64 DS, Nintendogs and many others... including my first obsession with Animal Crossing: the Wild World version💕
When I was 7 I also received a beautiful pink Nintendo ds lite of my own, and I spent countless hours on Animal Crossing WW until I broke it😆 I miss so much my old Nintendo💔
Fun fact: although I was drawn like a magnet to the game, as a child the general atmosphere of Animal Crossing WW disturbed/scared me a little, today I think it depended by the colors, they were bright but a bit gloomy. Even today it scares me a little😆

I was just staring my mid 20s when i got into, animal crossing better late than ever otherwise i knew bout the series as a kid through smash lol with the trophies.

I think I was about ten years old when I first played the original Animal Crossing on the GameCube!

I was maybe 13? I'm 22 now. So many good memories of WW, NL, and now NH.. ;w;
I miss the old New Leaf days though. It makes me feel super nostalgic thinking about my high-school days playing New Leaf and browsing the forums constantly ;w;

Honestly, when I first actually PLAYED, I was 20. I had known about Animal Crossing since 2001 but never got around to playing it until I bought New Leaf for my 3ds in 2013.. so 10 years strong :)

I was 16 when I first played New Leaf. I was mesmerized by all the customization features available in the game, and it's what got me into the franchise.

Back