• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how much do you terraform?

how much do you terraform?

• Total voters

ConfusedDad

*writes cutely*
Bells
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Lily
Yellow Tulip
Yellow Rose
Yellow Cosmos
like, how much do you use terraforming? it could be cliffs/water or just paths.

at the beginning of the game, i used to want to keep it really simple because i honestly liked my island layout, but now i just kind of like put my main builds on cliffs, if that makes sense. like, i built a cemetery-- on a cliff. i built a community center-- on a cliff. honestly, if i could, i would put resident services on a cliff. i actually would love the ability to move resident services. even for an absurd price, i would just love that. but no, it is where it is. come on, Nintendo. villagers are okay with you moving their homes etcetera, but tom nook isn't? disappointing. paths, i use them to connect areas. i use The Path as a normal path because it actually looks really cute like that. i just finished a fourth of my island (i got the game in august 2022, dont judge me) and its full of terraforming.

i've changed the shape of the cliffs + rivers a bit on my island. also moved residents' houses onto cliffs. i've put down a mix of the dirt paths and terracotta(?) paths together across my island. also some smol waterfalls in a couple of places. the last terraforming i did was to remove some flowers on a cliff to change them up a lil' bit, though nothing major recemment. wouldn't say i terraform every time i hit up the game !

edit: although i have been doing lil bits^ heh-

Last edited:
My whole island has some form of terraforming I use a lot of cliffs and water features around my island I have a lot even at the main enternce of my island.

i terraformed to create a heart-shaped pond, as well as “fix” and then later get rid of my rivers, but that was about it. i didn’t use to terraform very much because i don’t work on what my island looks like much, plus it honestly overwhelmed me (still does lol).

i completely flattened my island and created a new bottom river a couple of months ago though, so i’ve been terraforming more this year. i haven’t touched my game since as i’ve been too busy and burnt out, but i’ll likely be terraforming a lot whenever i start playing again, since my island is pretty disassembled right now. 😅

To be honest, I haven't really terrafomed all that much. I built a long road that circles around my island, and adjusted the cliffs and rivers some to fit houses. But for the most part, my island remains very similar to it's initial layout.

I did a lot of terraforming on my first island and didn't have any of my original rivers or cliffs. On my new island I'm trying to keep most of my river the way is it. I do like using the paths but I don't think I'll use many custom ones cause I like the sound effects.

I like to use a bit of everything, I have a lot of terraforming to do since resetting my island but really looking forward to it! Love looking at peoples design codes for paths and things - really cool!

Hard for me to say because I haven't done much terraforming in years. But I used every type of terraforming there is! I think I did a decent amount.

I haven't actually terraformed before. Maybe if I picked up all the random items and flowers on my island, I'd try it? I lack the motivation, though.

I completely flattened my island and rebuilt it from the ground up. So I would say quite a bit. My island is finally coming together after stalling for a while, since I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do, and the huge empty spaces overwhelmed me.

I use a path that takes a lot of pieces so I’m constantly working on a path.

Back