How many times did you reset to get your map?

about a month for merrily, i was pretty intense about it
maybe a couple days for leaf which i waned to be more relaxed about

I didn't think of resetting when I first selected my town. I just chose from the first 5 maps Rover displayed and I don't regret it ; o ;)b

Last edited:
When I did reset, I was resetting for a week straight because I had people holding thigns from my old town. However, if no one was holding my old stuff I would have been resetting for a very long time. It depends on how well you know the game, and how picky you are.

I wanted:
Town hall and Retail to be at the top of the map.
Blue town hall
Native fruit - Apple or Peach
Red or blue train station (Not brown or green)
I wasn't fussy about grass shape, thank god
Town tree had to be on the side of the map, and under the river
I didn't want a privet beach
The availability to put my house near the ocean and near the river where I'd place a bridge right close to at the same time.
Small number of rocks would be great put, I can over look this
I wanted 2 - 3 ponds

If you're picky like how I used to be ... LOL ... you'll be resetting forever. Luckily, I have lessened how I feel about the details of the game but I do have an urge to reset my town. The only thing stopping me is all the things I have achieved so far, dreamies, furniture, ect.

Usually, no more than three or four times per town, of which I have five. I am pretty easy when it comes to choosing a map.

I never reset for my town's map because Rover showed me a couple with a central town tree, which was all I really cared about at the time. Luckily I was happy with my town fruit and the town hall/train station as well. Although if I could go back, I'd probably want a map with a private beach and more ponds.

I think none, I just chose one map of the few options it showed the first time. It was all a coincidence chance luck! Now that I look back, I'm soo glad the retail store is close by the dock, makes running back and forth a bit more convient when selling buggies ect xD

Last edited:
I actually didn't reset once, I picked the first time I got, I didn't know you could pick :p

OK, so I finally found my perfect map... after 146 resets. o: (And yes, I did count them all because why not)

This is the map I got:

photo_name.png

Which has everything I wanted for my second town. I got apples as the native fruit, which is what I wanted because that's the only fruit I haven't had as a native fruit. I got a yellow train station and a blue town hall, along with triangle grass (which has star-shaped snow in the winter).

And I got Ricky, Simon, Rhonda, Peanut and Ribbot as starters. None of them are dreamies right now, but I do like Peanut. I might end up liking Ricky and Ribbot too, because I like squirrels and frogs.

The town is called Pearlsey, and my mayor is called Izzy. :3

My first ever major town took around 50 hours of plot resetting and I kept it for 6 months but the town that I have now, and plan to keep for a while, took around 1 hour of resetting.

My first town was chosen out of the 4 Rover gave me, and I picked the one I liked best, and it's still pretty much perfect. The rock placement isn't ideal, but I really love it; 1 long beach (and a tiny private beach I've left a gyroid on to wave at me), the river horizontally bisects the town, the plaza is pretty central, re-tail is in a great place...it's great.

My other town took a few times resetting, and I'm generally happy with it, although I don't like how the beach is split, and the plaza is a bit out of the way.

When ACNL came out, it took me over 50 resets to get a town layout I found perfect for what I wanted to do.

Many but I still hate it because it has a huge amount of rocks.

I'm almost certain there will always be too many rocks, no matter the town lay out. In the end, you just want them to not be in the way. XD

I did the same with my first town. On my current one, it took me maybe three or four tries, but I got a layout that I liked in the end. It really just depends on what kind of layout you want to have (maybe you can look up some examples from other towns if you're still not sure?) Just keep on searching, and good luck! :)

Last edited:
Once. But I was resetting to get a less ugly character (before I knew there was a guide for faces) xD I didn't care about how the map looked.

Back