• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How many amiibo cards do you have?

Technically I have one though I couldn't tell you which one. I have HHD but never opened still in plastic and there is a card in there lol.

I have just over a hundred, a mix of HHD, WA and the six Sanrio. I've never seen any in a shop so all were picked up from eBay.

Right now I have 7 cards: Isabelle, Benedict, Kitt, Nat, Anchovy, Hamlet and Phyllis. I got them a
while ago, however I never used them. Not sure if I gonna start to collect amiibo cards, I think it's
better when I don't start collecting them, especially since it would cost too much time and money
to get them all.

Close to all of them. Missing 1 from the Sanrio set, a few of the WA and I think I still need a handful of series 4, but series 1, 2, and 3 I have complete! =D

Close to all of them. Missing 1 from the Sanrio set, a few of the WA and I think I still need a handful of series 4, but series 1, 2, and 3 I have complete! =D

Awesome! I have nearly completed Series 1 just from buying packs and getting deals off eBay. It's a dangerous hobby... completing these sets...

Awesome! I have nearly completed Series 1 just from buying packs and getting deals off eBay. It's a dangerous hobby... completing these sets...

It sounds like it might be similar to the "slippery slope" (TBT member hoodathotit's phrase) of becoming the mayor of numerous towns! :rolleyes:

Just one: Boots that came with the USA version I accidentally bought and the European version I bought afterwards didn't come with any card.

I tend to misread sometimes, I'm not sure its down to being dyslexic or whether its just 'laziness' in reading, whatever.
I too thought you might have got a card with a pair of boots - or in the UK Boots is a well know chemist and I thought - oh Boots are selling the cards? (well they sell toys, so its possible). Sorry, for when I read the post slowly its clear what you mean.

The European version of the game has a '3' Pegi rating in the bottom left hand corner, while the US version of the game shows as 'E' or is a select game (its not a select game in the UK).
When the WA version 1st came out in the UK it came with a free amiibo card but later stock of WA-acnl, sadly did not include a free card - meanies!

Number of cards I have - no complete set in series 1-5, we got 3 cards per pack which made it more difficult, and they were expensive. Got favourites singly off ebay. San rio cards yes, I got them but Nintendo UK store allowed one pack per person. Game sold them tho, & lots of US players tried for them via Game, albeit I think there were delivery issues.

Wife and I recently purchased all 50 WA and 6 Sanrio cards from Etsy. Price is so much more reasonable and they scan perfectly. I'm super happy because I love all the sheep, and I can now invite Stella and Etoile to move into my town :)

I have 468! Series 1-WA, Sanrio, Amiibo Festival, all complete, plus 9 custom cards from Etsy.

Zero. The packs are a bit too expensive in my area (Canada), and my luck with random pulls is garbage to the extreme (Pokemon TCG flashbacks..). Individual cards are also a bit too expensive in a lot of cases.

I never planned purchasing any but I saw some of my favorite characters going for 1-2 USD & went for it.

To my dismay, I totally forgot that I would need a scanner, as my 3ds XL is not a new model :mad:

I was considering getting one but now I'm thinking I should just get a new ds for backup purposes etc. I felt like such a fool! I also got a fan made Sanrio card (Toby) and I was so excited to use him.

Last edited:
around 60-70 something I think! I'm not a big collector but it's nice to have some of my favourite villagers on hand

I managed to complete my collection someTime at the end of last year. A lot of it was done through trading on here. ❤️ I don’t remember how many duplicates I am just up having leftover, but I’m planning on selling them at one point.

I never planned purchasing any but I saw some of my favorite characters going for 1-2 USD & went for it.

To my dismay, I totally forgot that I would need a scanner, as my 3ds XL is not a new model :mad:

I was considering getting one but now I'm thinking I should just get a new ds for backup purposes etc. I felt like such a fool! I also got a fan made Sanrio card (Toby) and I was so excited to use him.

I got a NFC reader from Nintendo's website for $17. Wife and I both had the 2012 3DS XL model, which isn't Amiibo compatible. However, when the new Pikachu 2DS XL came out in January 2018, I just had to buy us a new DS lol. It's so worth it. So much easier having an Amiibo-compatible DS. And just like you said, it's nice to have a back-up in case something happens or if you want another town lol.

Back