How many amiibo cards do you have?

Technically I have one though I couldn't tell you which one. I have HHD but never opened still in plastic and there is a card in there lol.

I have just over a hundred, a mix of HHD, WA and the six Sanrio. I've never seen any in a shop so all were picked up from eBay.

Right now I have 7 cards: Isabelle, Benedict, Kitt, Nat, Anchovy, Hamlet and Phyllis. I got them a
while ago, however I never used them. Not sure if I gonna start to collect amiibo cards, I think it's
better when I don't start collecting them, especially since it would cost too much time and money
to get them all.

Close to all of them. Missing 1 from the Sanrio set, a few of the WA and I think I still need a handful of series 4, but series 1, 2, and 3 I have complete! =D

Close to all of them. Missing 1 from the Sanrio set, a few of the WA and I think I still need a handful of series 4, but series 1, 2, and 3 I have complete! =D

Awesome! I have nearly completed Series 1 just from buying packs and getting deals off eBay. It's a dangerous hobby... completing these sets...

Awesome! I have nearly completed Series 1 just from buying packs and getting deals off eBay. It's a dangerous hobby... completing these sets...

It sounds like it might be similar to the "slippery slope" (TBT member hoodathotit's phrase) of becoming the mayor of numerous towns! :rolleyes:

Just one: Boots that came with the USA version I accidentally bought and the European version I bought afterwards didn't come with any card.

I tend to misread sometimes, I'm not sure its down to being dyslexic or whether its just 'laziness' in reading, whatever.
I too thought you might have got a card with a pair of boots - or in the UK Boots is a well know chemist and I thought - oh Boots are selling the cards? (well they sell toys, so its possible). Sorry, for when I read the post slowly its clear what you mean.

The European version of the game has a '3' Pegi rating in the bottom left hand corner, while the US version of the game shows as 'E' or is a select game (its not a select game in the UK).
When the WA version 1st came out in the UK it came with a free amiibo card but later stock of WA-acnl, sadly did not include a free card - meanies!

Number of cards I have - no complete set in series 1-5, we got 3 cards per pack which made it more difficult, and they were expensive. Got favourites singly off ebay. San rio cards yes, I got them but Nintendo UK store allowed one pack per person. Game sold them tho, & lots of US players tried for them via Game, albeit I think there were delivery issues.

Wife and I recently purchased all 50 WA and 6 Sanrio cards from Etsy. Price is so much more reasonable and they scan perfectly. I'm super happy because I love all the sheep, and I can now invite Stella and Etoile to move into my town :)

I have 468! Series 1-WA, Sanrio, Amiibo Festival, all complete, plus 9 custom cards from Etsy.

Zero. The packs are a bit too expensive in my area (Canada), and my luck with random pulls is garbage to the extreme (Pokemon TCG flashbacks..). Individual cards are also a bit too expensive in a lot of cases.

I never planned purchasing any but I saw some of my favorite characters going for 1-2 USD & went for it.

To my dismay, I totally forgot that I would need a scanner, as my 3ds XL is not a new model :mad:

I was considering getting one but now I'm thinking I should just get a new ds for backup purposes etc. I felt like such a fool! I also got a fan made Sanrio card (Toby) and I was so excited to use him.

Last edited:
around 60-70 something I think! I'm not a big collector but it's nice to have some of my favourite villagers on hand

I managed to complete my collection someTime at the end of last year. A lot of it was done through trading on here. ❤️ I don’t remember how many duplicates I am just up having leftover, but I’m planning on selling them at one point.

I never planned purchasing any but I saw some of my favorite characters going for 1-2 USD & went for it.

To my dismay, I totally forgot that I would need a scanner, as my 3ds XL is not a new model :mad:

I was considering getting one but now I'm thinking I should just get a new ds for backup purposes etc. I felt like such a fool! I also got a fan made Sanrio card (Toby) and I was so excited to use him.

I got a NFC reader from Nintendo's website for $17. Wife and I both had the 2012 3DS XL model, which isn't Amiibo compatible. However, when the new Pikachu 2DS XL came out in January 2018, I just had to buy us a new DS lol. It's so worth it. So much easier having an Amiibo-compatible DS. And just like you said, it's nice to have a back-up in case something happens or if you want another town lol.

Back